Recommend a new PS4 controller and headset?

KingoftheSW
33 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
So the L1 button on my standard PS4 controller is sticking which makes lobbing grenades pretty difficult at the moment so I'm looking at either a Revolution Pro controller or a Razer Raiju as a replacement, can anyone recommend either of these?

Also i'm looking to replace my Turtle beach 50P headset because I wouldn't mind something a bit more advanced, can anyone recommend a good gaming headset under £200?

Comments

• AntonioOASantos
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hi KingoftheSW,
    For the controller part I think your only alternative to the standard PlayStation 4 controller is the Revolution Pro and Razer Raiju ones.
    For the headset, maybe a official PlayStation 4 Headset, they are really good and comfortable. I suggest you to check this link, might help you: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/18/the-8-best-playstation-4-headsets

Hope to see you on the Battlefield,
    António Santos
  • KingoftheSW
    AOAS1O wrote: »
    Hi KingoftheSW,
    For the controller part I think your only alternative to the standard PlayStation 4 controller is the Revolution Pro and Razer Raiju ones.
    For the headset, maybe a official PlayStation 4 Headset, they are really good and comfortable. I suggest you to check this link, might help you: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/18/the-8-best-playstation-4-headsets

Hope to see you on the Battlefield,
    António Santos

Thank you for the reply,

Those are the 2 controllers I was most interested in but I can't decide between them. Do you have experience with either of them?
  • AntonioOASantos
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    KingoftheSW,
    No problem buddy, I don't have any of those but by reviews that I saw on the internet, I think that the Nacon Revolution Pro is better than Raiju. (some say by far)

Hope that helps,
    António Santos
  • keso3k
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The Nacon has a known bug with BF1. Look it up before you buy!
  • AntonioOASantos
    keso3k wrote: »
    The Nacon has a known bug with BF1. Look it up before you buy!

Which one?
  • Disparasdandaa
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    For the headset, maybe a official PlayStation 4 Headset, they are really good and comfortable.

If you tend to use mic then I'd suggest to stay away from this one. The mic is freaking awful and it sounds to others like you're in a tin can.
    If wired option isn't away from the equation, I'd suggest to check out hyperx Cloud 2 or the revolver. Imo cloud 2 is more comfortable. Cloud 2 is 70-90€ and revolver 90-110€.
  • AntonioOASantos
    If you tend to use mic then I'd suggest to stay away from this one. The mic is freaking awful and it sounds to others like you're in a tin can.

Did you already experienced one of those?
  • BoogieMan-1978
    601 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    For head set I have the Playstation Gold and have heard no complaints from my friends about the sound wuality from thw mic.

As for controller, I use a standard DS4 and attatch an FPS Dominator Strike Pack by Collective Minds. Adds two reprogrammable paddles underneath your DS4 and only costs $40.
  • Disparasdandaa
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Did you already experienced one of those?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean?
  • AntonioOASantos
    edited March 2017
    For head set I have the Playstation Gold and have heard no complaints from my friends about the sound wuality from thw mic.

As for controller, I use a standard DS4 and attatch an FPS Dominator Strike Pack by Collective Minds. Adds two reprogrammable paddles underneath your DS4 and only costs $40.

That's great! I've got great reviews of it too
  • Zeagles21
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    just be careful when you go with a headset other than Sony based......I got the HYPERX CLOUD II's and loved the sound quality......but they didnt have the "SIDETONE" option, so when you are in game or in a party you can't hear yourself through the headphones......just a heads up.....
  • AntonioOASantos
    edited March 2017
    Zeagles21 wrote: »
    just be careful when you go with a headset other than Sony based......I got the HYPERX CLOUD II's and loved the sound quality......but they didnt have the "SIDETONE" option, so when you are in game or in a party you can't hear yourself through the headphones......just a heads up.....

That's some of the vantages of the official PlayStation Headsets for those who like.
    Post edited by AntonioOASantos on
  • Disparasdandaa
    edited March 2017
    From 4:24 forward you can hear how the sony gold headset mic sounds. Mine sounded just like that and to my standards that is just horrible.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=-igkGV-WQbg

Bolding is my own. I don't get this. And I've seen a few complaining about this. Why would you want to hear yourself though the headset? My astros had this setting set up on, but I changed it off right away so I would't hear my voice.
    Yeah the sound on could 2 is really great and to me they were super comfortable.
  • BoogieMan-1978
    601 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    From 4:24 forward you can hear how the sony gold headset mic sounds. Mine sounded just like that and to my standards that is just horrible.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=-igkGV-WQbg

Bolding is my own. I don't get this. And I've seen a few complaining about this. Why would you want to hear yourself though the headset? My astros had this setting set up on, but I changed it off right away so I would't hear my voice.
    Yeah the sound on could 2 is really great and to me they were super comfortable.

This talk back feature, to hear yourself, is so that you can modulate thw volume of your voice. That way your not yelling because you can't hear yourself.

Also if you have a wife, kids etc you can hear if they call out for you.
  • xXWTFXxTHATGUY
    1171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So the L1 button on my standard PS4 controller is sticking which makes lobbing grenades pretty difficult at the moment so I'm looking at either a Revolution Pro controller or a Razer Raiju as a replacement, can anyone recommend either of these?

Also i'm looking to replace my Turtle beach 50P headset because I wouldn't mind something a bit more advanced, can anyone recommend a good gaming headset under £200?

Astro a50 for the headset and a friend of mine just got the razor controller and says he loves it.
  • Nemyneon
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Astro A50s if money isn't as issue. Alternatively, the new Sony Platinums for a headset.

As for a controller, I'm going to go against most here and advise a custom made controller. I have one from each of the following companies and they are absolutely incredible.

www.battlebeavercustoms.com

www.thecontrollershop.com
  • JBModz1
    380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i recommend you get a new controller and headset
  • KingoftheSW
    JBModz1 wrote: »
    i recommend you get a new controller and headset

Well yeah, that's the idea pal haha.
  • Sed83
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    im using the nacon revolution controller and the right analog stick if flawed... there are lots of complaints on it... i think they're saying it's too sensitivity... for example when i see an enemy and i aim down sight immediately and on the right stick i give it a slight push upwards to aim at the enemy, it registers too much and i ended up looking 45 degrees into the sky... but overall it doesnt bug me as much i can still maintain my k/d of 3.30....
  • Not_Paul_Blart
    808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2017
    I've used the PlayStation Golds, one pair of Tritons, and three different sets of Turtle Beach headsets and by far the best headset I've ever used soundwise were the Stealth 500Ps from Turtle Beach. I've got a set of the Turtle Beach Elite 800's hooked into my PS4 right now and with the exception of the noise cancellation feature and bluetooth capability the 800's have, the 500s are basically superior in every way minus the build quality. I think they stopped making the 500s though and now make a set called the 520 which are the same as the 500s but with a different mic and super human hearing added. The range on the 800s is just absolute garbage, and the sound is no better the 500s, the 800s were easily one of the biggest regrets purchase wise I've ever made. So I'd probably try to either find a pair of the 500s, or get a pair of the 520s.

Controller wise just stick to the regular PS4 controller.