Recommend a new PS4 controller and headset?

2»

Comments

• Clarence_6000
    885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    Controller, id say the Nacon or the Xbox elite one (with CronusMAX). Headset, maybe the discontinued TB Stealth 500P?. You can find those pretty cheap online.
  • Sed83
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've used the PlayStation Golds, one pair of Tritons, and three different sets of Turtle Beach headsets and by far the best headset I've ever used soundwise were the Stealth 500Ps from Turtle Beach. I've got a set of the Turtle Beach Elite 800's hooked into my PS4 right now and with the exception of the noise cancellation feature and bluetooth capability the 800's have, the 500s are basically superior in every way minus the build quality. I think they stopped making the 500s though and now make a set called the 520 which are the same as the 500s but with a different mic and super human hearing added. The range on the 800s is just absolute garbage, and the sound is no better the 500s, the 800s were easily one of the biggest regrets purchase wise I've ever made. So I'd probably try to either find a pair of the 500s, or get a pair of the 520s.

Controller wise just stick to the regular PS4 controller.

do these turtle beach have 7.1 surround sound..? if i play games like rainbow siege can i know if the sound's coming from my left or my right or up or down...? are they wired or wireless...?
  • Not_Paul_Blart
    807 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2017
    Sed83 wrote: »
    I've used the PlayStation Golds, one pair of Tritons, and three different sets of Turtle Beach headsets and by far the best headset I've ever used soundwise were the Stealth 500Ps from Turtle Beach. I've got a set of the Turtle Beach Elite 800's hooked into my PS4 right now and with the exception of the noise cancellation feature and bluetooth capability the 800's have, the 500s are basically superior in every way minus the build quality. I think they stopped making the 500s though and now make a set called the 520 which are the same as the 500s but with a different mic and super human hearing added. The range on the 800s is just absolute garbage, and the sound is no better the 500s, the 800s were easily one of the biggest regrets purchase wise I've ever made. So I'd probably try to either find a pair of the 500s, or get a pair of the 520s.

Controller wise just stick to the regular PS4 controller.

do these turtle beach have 7.1 surround sound..? if i play games like rainbow siege can i know if the sound's coming from my left or my right or up or down...? are they wired or wireless...?

Yea, they're 7.1 and wireless, the 500s and I'm assuming the 520s do this too actually run a cable out of the optical out into the USB dongle to get true digital sound. They have really good directional sound too. They saved my life in teh apartments on Metro in BF4 more times than I can even count.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    I just bought a custom controller with mappable paddles from Scuf and it's great.......... ( $169 us dollars) I also use the turtle beach stealth 400 headset and it has amazing sound and mic clarity, although I'm not sure if it's 7.1 or not? (And it costed less than a hundred u.s. dollars!)....if your really wanting sound quality, maybe try the new stealth 420's that have turtle beaches "superhuman hearing" function built in?? Not too sure how much they cost though? Good luck with whatever you end up choosing! :)
  • KingoftheSW
    33 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks for all your responses so far guys, I am considering picking up a pair of Turtle beach 520's as I have seen a pair online for £97 brand new which seems like a good deal! Are there any drawbacks to this headset?

As for a controller I won a brand new gold Dualshock 4 (V2) for £37 on eBay yesterday so that's that sorted!
  • AntonioOASantos
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Thanks for all your responses so far guys, I am considering picking up a pair of Turtle beach 520's as I have seen a pair online for £97 brand new which seems like a good deal! Are there any drawbacks to this headset?

As for a controller I won a brand new gold Dualshock 4 (V2) for £37 on eBay yesterday so that's that sorted!

Yep, it's a good choice, enjoy it :)

Hope to see you on the Battlefield,
    António Santos
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Not sure about any problems with them but they also have the "superhuman hearing function as well I believe....
  • bazza512
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Mate i would stick with official playstation set roughly 50 quid now.
    If you want to splash out on a controller i bought a sharq with instant trigger system and its the best thing ive ever purchased