When & What to expect in next patch / patches

Comments

• BruceWillii
    707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    iano1978 wrote: »
    ...the RSP is shockingly bad...

I like the way you create words. Thumb up.

It's the lack of any clear cut information from the Devs that frustrates me the most though...

...not only you. same same here.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    This is the 3rd (hardline, Battlefront, BF1) bad game in a row from DICE and they just destroyed the battlefield series.

I haven't played Battlefront or Hardline but the core game of BF1 is great in my opinion. Yes, it lacks any kind of platoon support and the RSP is shockingly bad but I wont be dropping it anytime soon.

I definitely felt cheated after renting a server for a month only to see it constantly empty (most we got was 9 players) and I will think twice before I commit to a server again in the future.

I'm a glass half full guy so I'm hoping that DICE have something up their sleeves to address Platoons and RSP in the March update, perhaps I'm deluded.

It's the lack of any clear cut information from the Devs that frustrates me the most though...

I know Axlerod agrees with me so ill speak for him as well. The game itself is a great game. The things that make a BF game special and retain the player base for years have been largely ignored or dumbed down to the lowest common denominator. These are the things that will kill off the franchise not BF1s game play .
  • CrashCA
    1189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'm a glass half full guy so I'm hoping that DICE have something up their sleeves to address Platoons and RSP in the March update, perhaps I'm deluded.

Definitely deluded on first part, right on on second
  • iano1978
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NetRngr wrote: »
    I know Axlerod agrees with me so ill speak for him as well. The game itself is a great game. The things that make a BF game special and retain the player base for years have been largely ignored or dumbed down to the lowest common denominator. These are the things that will kill off the franchise not BF1s game play .

I completely agree with you.
    Our BF4 servers have been full for three years and we do most of our recruitment in game where players recognise our TAGS and play regularly on our servers.

BF1 is a great game but it feels empty because all players have become almost random players with no identity.

• WarCriminal_954
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    battlefront & hardline were not "true" battlefield games. they were spin-off's. better comparisons would be: BF3, BF4, etc. but regardless I do agree that the RSP program is shockingly bad!

to all above: there are better shooters out there and we should probably mass migrate to one of them.

when revenues from DLC's fall short of expectations, maybe they'll get it. if and when RSP comes to market as a functional product that no one purchases, the finance guys can argue over lost budget dollar with zero return.

if badmins were their concern, or one of them that affected any further developments, that is lacking common sense. yes, badmins exist. but the majority of server owners and the ones who still remain on this seemingly useless forum run communities and want them for competition and other fun stuffs, not to feel they rule the world. besides, people can just switch to a dice official server or find one not owned by badmins.

AND, 6 months later still not tags! LOL
  • Axlerod1
    1384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    RSP is a fail. DICE has turned BF1 into Vanilla Only 64 player Normal Mode Conquest.
    Look at the number of PC players in game. Players are leaving the game. It is almost 6 months old and we have screamed what needs to be done but this new crew at DICE has no idea what they are doing. Play count proves it. What ever DICE does now, will be to little to late.
  • Jaskaman
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    Well they try to raise player counts now with offers and free 10 hr trials. But they should fix the root cause for the players leaving the game.....
    They should not try to control game experience this much as they do now, if they want to keep game interesting and also want to have success in coming BF titles...
  • Px-Progdogg
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sorry but Battlefield 1 is done. DICE just doesn't want to listen to us. On March 13 the game will start dying out fast. Most players that did not buy premium will not pay for DLC. DICE still has not fixed RSP.

TIme to start looking to another game. Just giving out the heads up. It has been a long 6 months and it will take another 3 to 6 months to fix what is broken. The game is a few days short of being 6 months old. This is the 3rd (hardline, Battlefront, BF1) bad game in a row from DICE and they just destroyed the battlefield series.

GOOD JOB DICE.

Axle, it was only 2 weeks ago that you were telling everyone to be patient because there was going to be a whole bunch of updates with the March update, now you have jumped ship? I told you it wasn't stated as fact, that is the reason they use the terminology (soon, we hope to, we are aiming for), so that when they fail to deliver they can say "We didn't say that".

I am glad you have finally realised that the game will flop well before substantial work has been done to RSP. It is 6 months from release and the server browser still doesn't work lol, the filters don't even god damn filter! Compared to the Fall and Winter updates, the below list is abysmal.

6 Months of RSP Accomplishments
    - Broke QM for Vanilla Servers
    - Broke Server Browser so all Custom Servers are only searchable by name
    - Added Kick/Ban after 5 months (server owner only)
    - Added Vote Map after 5 months (custom server only)
    - Didn't fix QM for Vanilla Servers
    - Didn't fix Server Browser
    - New features coming soon™

I have never hated a word so much... soooooon.... Soon the world is going to explode, I wonder if RSP will be finished before then.

• BruceWillii
    707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry but Battlefield 1 is done. DICE just doesn't want to listen to us. On March 13 the game will start dying out fast. Most players that did not buy premium will not pay for DLC. DICE still has not fixed RSP.

TIme to start looking to another game. Just giving out the heads up. It has been a long 6 months and it will take another 3 to 6 months to fix what is broken. The game is a few days short of being 6 months old. This is the 3rd (hardline, Battlefront, BF1) bad game in a row from DICE and they just destroyed the battlefield series.

GOOD JOB DICE.

Axle, it was only 2 weeks ago that you were telling everyone to be patient because there was going to be a whole bunch of updates with the March update, now you have jumped ship? I told you it wasn't stated as fact, that is the reason they use the terminology (soon, we hope to, we are aiming for), so that when they fail to deliver they can say "We didn't say that".

I am glad you have finally realised that the game will flop well before substantial work has been done to RSP. It is 6 months from release and the server browser still doesn't work lol, the filters don't even god damn filter! Compared to the Fall and Winter updates, the below list is abysmal.

6 Months of RSP Accomplishments
    - Broke QM for Vanilla Servers
    - Broke Server Browser so all Custom Servers are only searchable by name
    - Added Kick/Ban after 5 months (server owner only)
    - Added Vote Map after 5 months (custom server only)
    - Didn't fix QM for Vanilla Servers
    - Didn't fix Server Browser
    - New features coming soon™

I have never hated a word so much... soooooon.... Soon the world is going to explode, I wonder if RSP will be finished before then.

They don't say soon anymore. "In one of the next patches" is the new "soon".
    But it's been a while since Striterax were allowed to tell us anything.
  • CrashCA
    1189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I thought it was "Stay tuned"
  • AWOLCricket
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How about a actual hardcore preset?
  • WarCriminal_954
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How about a actual hardcore preset?

in one of the next patches. coming soon. stay tuned.

• Axlerod1
    1384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah I have tried to stay positive but Ali said a lot would be fixed by the mar 14th DLC drop if not before.
    DICE is now a joke. They have lost touch with what gamers want. Even the consoles gamers are complaining.
    Watch, the DLC drop will cause the player count to drop further because a lot of gamers did not buy premium and won't. Clans are not supporting the game anymore and I don't blame them.

Stick a fork in BF1, it is done.
  • BruceWillii
    edited March 2017
    Yeah I have tried to stay positive but Ali said a lot would be fixed by the mar 14th DLC drop if not before.
    DICE is now a joke. They have lost touch with what gamers want. Even the consoles gamers are complaining.
    Watch, the DLC drop will cause the player count to drop further because a lot of gamers did not buy premium and won't. Clans are not supporting the game anymore and I don't blame them.

Stick a fork in BF1, it is done.

Or we all start to make funny little youtube videos and streams of BF1 to get into that lobby and have a voice again ;)
    I am really nervous and curious about next Tuesday.
  • WarCriminal_954
    next Tuesday will reveal what I've been saying all along - we got screwed! took our money in November while most, if not all, servers remain empty and idle as of March 8.

at this point a better shooter for clans/communities can't come "soon" enough.

• KawaaBanga
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    u guys dont get it. this was all on purpose. its called salami tactics. EA never wanted the RSP to be successful. u must be kinda stupid if u still believe that DICE has lost touch with what gamers want.

Post edited by KawaaBanga on
  • iano1978
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    KawaaBanga wrote: »
    EA never wanted the RSP to be successful.

Cant imagine EA not pursuing a revenue making project.

• Axlerod1
    KawaaBanga wrote: »
    u guys dont get it. this was all on purpose. its called salami tactics. EA never wanted the RSP to be successful. u must be kinda stupid if u still believe that DICE has lost touch with what gamers want.

yeah you are so right. The way Activision and EA both did not hit their project sales goals says they know exactly what gamers want.

It is quite clear EA/DICE did not want server rentals and want to go the way of Call Of Duty. Latest flop from activision should be what the FBI calls a clue that this is not what gets support from the gaming community.

I would say the next battlefield will be more like Star Wars battlefront and console and PC will share the servers together. That is what it is looking like to me. Again with console sales dropping I have no idea why they want to go that way either.
  • mintmind32
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    yea i guess you are right - maybe its not worth money wise.
    you have to rent servers - rerent them -- advertise them- care about them - write the admin controls - etc....
    Where on the other hand you can just rent them without everything and give it to the players without any admin control what so ever.
    Probably cheaper in the long run - but bad for themselves (atleast in the current title) so they have to adjust.
    Sad af.
This discussion has been closed.