Weekly BF

Opinions on Xim. New Console Owner.

2»

Comments

• Sed83
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i started out playing pc games more than 15 years ago.. played the original medal of honor, battlefield1942 and call of duty... after that i switched to xbox360 and now ps4...

recently i purchased a splitfish fragfx shark but my main purpose for it is to play rainbow six siege... however i can't get used to using a mouse... might put more hours in it though... it's good.. for a xim4 u need to calibrate a lot of settings... but the fragfx shark more or less is just plug and play...
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've owned almost all the devices above, except xim and I don't disagree, but all of them are far from perfect, as his a pc player, he shouldn't expect 100% pc feeling mouse controls
  • Not_Paul_Blart
    808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It take some time to get good with a controller when coming over from PC, but once you get good on one it becomes a non issue. If you are dead set on not learning how to git gud with a controller than go for a XIM, but I'd advise just taking the time to learn to aim with your thumbs. auto aim is fairly easy to exploit on console once you figure it out and if I've ever played with any of these people who are supposedly "cheating" by some people's standards by using a K&M I haven't even noticed it considering I usually dominate every match I'm in, so it must not be giving these people that much of an advantage. Just stick with the controller, get good, up your sensitivity, and learn to exploit the AA.
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for your replies and PM's folks.

I'm definitely going to try and get used to the controller, it is the primary input device after all. If it doesn't suit me after a few weeks I will go with the Xim4 or fragfx shark that Sed83 suggested.
    So far I've given Destiny, Horizon Zero Dawn and BF1 a try and of all three BF1 feels the worst with the DS4. Destiny I could easily stick with as the control feels smooth and adjustable with a fineness but BF1 has a spongy feel to it and seems to be less incremental, feeling like slow movement just suddenly switches to fast with no middle transition speed.
    I'll keep with it though and try and get used with it and as said I'll then maybe go the KB+M route.

OK, I'm ready for the barrage of incoming abuse now.
    But remember...

My wings are a shield of steel!

retrofest_6___batfink_by_natter45-d4os8q9.png
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I would suggest looking into the titan 1 or cronusmax (basically the same device), if u already have a decent MnK, it's only like £60, but do some research

xim is good coz there's an app you can tweak on the fly, but it's very pricey
  • McBaffel
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Teh_Next wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies and PM's folks.

I'm definitely going to try and get used to the controller, it is the primary input device after all. If it doesn't suit me after a few weeks I will go with the Xim4 or fragfx shark that Sed83 suggested.
    So far I've given Destiny, Horizon Zero Dawn and BF1 a try and of all three BF1 feels the worst with the DS4. Destiny I could easily stick with as the control feels smooth and adjustable with a fineness but BF1 has a spongy feel to it and seems to be less incremental, feeling like slow movement just suddenly switches to fast with no middle transition speed.
    I'll keep with it though and try and get used with it and as said I'll then maybe go the KB+M route.

OK, I'm ready for the barrage of incoming abuse now.
    But remember...

My wings are a shield of steel!

retrofest_6___batfink_by_natter45-d4os8q9.png

When I switched I oticed that same thing as obly beeing able too swooosh 360's or nothing at all.

2 things helped:

1.decreasing the stick deadzone.
    2. Control freeks, this realy gave me more controll as to how hard to turn. As before I would camo until smoke is gone and nog put on the mask and go get em!!
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    also try using uniform aiming as well, it might help with muscle memory