Here's a unique problem

FrayedSew
76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
So our server "Beakers Playground" has been 64player full for the last 4 days. Thanks to all that added it as a favorite and keep coming back.

But now is one of our game nights where we get together (usually about 20 guys). How are we supposed to get into this server now?

I'm apologizing in advance if you get kicked to make room for Platoon members.

If only we had priority queue, and multiple admins to properly admin the server. Move command would also be helpful for the Clan Skrims we are trying to do.

Comments

• P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've given up on EA/Dice doing anything that makes sense. The initial release should have had these things figured out. Hell, they've had VIP queue/reserved slots/whatever you wanna call it, in previous games. Unfortunately I believe your only options are to 1) kick to make room or 2) wait until the end of the round when slots usually become available.
  • FrayedSew
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Right now I'm holding out for the DLC drop and a patch along with it to add more of the basic features that should have always been there.

I find it hilarious that kick/ban was perceived not needed. Clearly after the kick/ban has been put in place people have calmed down. It wall all "Call-Of-Duty" like in the chat when kick/ban wasn't in there.

We do our best to keep the chat clean of hate speech in general.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have heard exactly 0 mention of any feature additions to RSP being mentioned as being included in the DLC patch. I am expecting exactly that may to be included. I hope I'm wong but somehow doubt I am.
  • BruceWillii
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NetRngr wrote: »
    I have heard exactly 0 mention of any feature additions to RSP being mentioned as being included in the DLC patch. I am expecting exactly that may to be included. I hope I'm wong but somehow doubt I am.

Sad but true. I searched for news about RSP everyday too. Nothing to find :(
  • FrayedSew
    it's pretty sad really. As far as I'm concerned RSP should also have mult-admin, move, lower player count start and VIP slots as basic functionality.

Anything less is just absurd.

I'm really concerned if we don't see any RSP improvement in the DLC drop or mention of RSP update happening very soon after as a separate patch.

BF1 is barely holding on. In fact I just got asked again today if our clan is going back to BF4.

#MakeBattlefieldGreatAgain
  • BruceWillii
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FrayedSew wrote: »
    it's pretty sad really. As far as I'm concerned RSP should also have mult-admin, move, lower player count start and VIP slots as basic functionality.

I'm really concerned if we don't see any RSP improvement in the DLC drop or mention of RSP update happening very soon after as a separate patch.

BF1 is barely holding on. In fact I just got asked again today if our clan is going back to BF4.

Your clan is going back to BF4? Your clan rented a BF1 server? The most of our clan (small one with around 150 members) didn't even start playing BF1 because they are so angry about the sick RSP, many stopped playing it because of the missing basic features a BF title should have like clan tags and other simple stuff. We are not paying a special amount per member per month. We are living from donations. We won't throw those donations out of the window.
  • FrayedSew

Your clan is going back to BF4? Your clan rented a BF1 server? The most of our clan (small one with around 150 members) didn't even start playing BF1 because they are so angry about the sick RSP, many stopped playing it because of the missing basic features a BF title should have like clan tags and other simple stuff. We are not paying a special amount per member per month. We are living from donations. We won't throw those donations out of the window.

No, i don't see us going back to BF4. There are a few that don't like BF1 and would rather go back to BF4, but right now I think we have about 40+ actively playing BF1.

Having said that, we did try going to BFH and moved back to BF4.

For me it's personal preference, I'm tired of BF4 and need a change. I just wish the put all the basics into BF1.

I get that BF1 is all new in many areas, but I suspect there is something bigger going on. My tin-foil hat is telling me that BF4 did too well and they are trying to avoid having that happen again. Because, they'd rather pump a game out each year and make people jump to the next game.

• BruceWillii

No, i don't see us going back to BF4. There are a few that don't like BF1 and would rather go back to BF4, but right now I think we have about 40+ actively playing BF1.

Having said that, we did try going to BFH and moved back to BF4.

For me it's personal preference, I'm tired of BF4 and need a change. I just wish the put all the basics into BF1.

I get that BF1 is all new in many areas, but I suspect there is something bigger going on. My tin-foil hat is telling me that BF4 did too well and they are trying to avoid having that happen again. Because, they'd rather pump a game out each year and make people jump to the next game.

I was playing Bf4 more and more the last 2 weeks again because BF1 got potential but the basics are missing yet. Maybe this will change with the DLC for some weeks.
    But as long as RSP, UI and all those things are broken it will never feel that good to play BF1. But there is some hope left.
  • CrashCA
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hope, coming SOON™
  • TheQue
    285 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Though this is a real world reason to require VIP slots (especially for donors), I have to say you have a problem some of us wish we had on our servers. Well done on getting the word out on your servers and having so many people favorite it sir.

TheQue
  • BruceWillii
    edited March 2017
    6 days left to wonder if some RSP fixes have been done.
    It feels so much better to play with people you know, people who play the game for the same reasons why you do,
    people who like this way to play to have fun together, to stand strong as a union against cheaters, angry terror kiddies and racists
    in this game.

I can only say it one more time: you got to have the main rules on your private server (IF YOU ARE A FUN CLAN) to get a game the majority is injoying:

1) don't shoot from or into uncap
    2) no baserape
    3) no trash talk or racist talk (calling m8s "¯\_(ツ)_/¯" in some situations or something like this isn't ment)
    4) no stats padding
    5) no cheating

Simple rules you can't set at the moment because it is impossible for ONE admin to have a look on 63 players all the time.

• FrayedSew
    Now I hear they're working on Platoons which is great and should have been available day #1 as well.
    ... I hope they have the core RSP stuff ready to roll out on the 14th, because I think we could all agree that you can't run platoons effectively without the core RSP features.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't gone down hill and is still somewhat constructive.

Even now I'm trying to not vent my frustrations as to what is missing. Please DICE.. PLEASE!... Just give us the core RSP features we need and already had available in previous versions. (IE BF3, BF4, BFH)

On the lighter note, I believe we'll have a "Beakers DLC Playground" up for the DLC only maps when they come out.
    For the people looking for DLC maps only.
  • ripper2323
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    yes our dlc server will be
    game server:
    **Beaker's Playground-24/7 Conquest DLC Noobs Welcome! Low Ping

add it to favorites we have an admin monitoring!!