K/D ratio is anyone bothered??

bbcdom
2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Really don't get why the k/D ratio is even a thing I play for fun and so do a lot of others but this is surely 1 way of making people feel that they aren't "good" enough. I've had messages in the past saying basically " u suck and ur k/D proves it" so what if mine is 0.5 k/D it's only a bit of fun

Comments

• TheRudeJudeTTV
    1750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What don't you get about it? Pretty straight forward. I would also expect someone with a bad kd to dislike that stat as a whole as well. Thats like all the kids sniping calling the tanks OP.
  • MikeyTT
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    For me, to a degree yes.

But not because of the stat. I play to enjoy myself. But when I'm constantly dead and waiting to spawn, then I'm not enjoying myself, so a high k/d ties into my enjoyment level.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In a game where, in most gametypes, killing people = points for your team, and dying = points for the enemy team, K/D is actually a good indicator of how much you help your team vs how much you hurt your team - even if kills and deaths mean only a single ticket (I've lost and won matches by single tickets).

I also play to enjoy myself (and don't really CARE how other people play, they can do what they want), but the way I enjoy myself is by pushing myself to win.

So when I see a guy with a total of 138 kills and 720 deaths - he can play all he wants, but I don't want him in my squad.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GerocK- wrote: »
    A bad k/d doesn't automatically mean someone is a bad player
    A good k/d doesn't automatically mean someone is a good player
    But k/d combined with other stats like spm, caps, defs, heals, revives, resupplies, kills per minute etcetera does say something about a player
    -
    People who judge others solely based on k/d should be ignored

while true, K/D is also a good indicator of who can or can't hold their own in a firefight. Sorry, the low K/D member may have a high amount of revives or repairs or whatever - but I'd much rather go with the guy who has less revives, but whose 2-3 K/D could save my skin just as (or even moreso) effectively.
  • GerocK-
    691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    But k/d combined with other stats like spm, caps, defs, heals, revives, resupplies, kills per minute etcetera does say something about a player
    -

while true, K/D is also a good indicator of who can or can't hold their own in a firefight. Sorry, the low K/D member may have a high amount of revives or repairs or whatever - but I'd much rather go with the guy who has less revives, but whose 2-3 K/D could save my skin just as (or even moreso) effectively.

I think the same as you, as long as that 2-3 k/d player has a high spm / kills per game to go with it. I don't care for high k/d players with 9 kills in a game for example
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    1750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I dont think i can think of anybody with a high kd and low other stats? I think they typically go together. Bad kids will be bad at playing the objective and vise versa. Just saying
  • Loqtrall
    I dont think i can think of anybody with a high kd and low other stats? I think they typically go together. Bad kids will be bad at playing the objective and vise versa. Just saying

Really the only high k/d players that have significantly poorer other stats are camping snipers, and even most of those players have poor K/D. They may have a high K/D, but getting only 10 or so kills per match will destroy their KPM, and their SPM will be atrociously low.

If you've got a player who is actively playing and not just camping, and they happen to have a high K/D from game to game, chances are the rest of their stats match the level of their K/D, and they're an all-around worthwhile player to have on your team.
  • Michael_Seaman
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    -

Unfortunately there are so many variables beyond our control that often decide who wins a firefight regardless of K/D. Such as, poor netcode, poor hit detection, latency issues, lag, crappy servers, OOR players, etc.
  • SplitYaWig716
    123 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    For TDM players it matters... it's a shame dice doesn't have game mode specific stats. You play different modes differently (to be most effective) to WIN
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People get sensitive about kd talk.. sorry if you think you're Rambo and have a .7 kd and can't kill a guy with his back to you I'm not interested in having you in my squad lol.
  • DCFC79
    387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2017
    My K/D is past being saved I couldn't care, I play for fun, its not like I go all Rambo. Some players are just better than others.
  • BadWayz_r6hau7l
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MikeyTT wrote: »
    For me, to a degree yes.
    when I'm constantly dead and waiting to spawn, then I'm not enjoying myself, so a high k/d ties into my enjoyment level.
    I agree
  • BadWayz_r6hau7l
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    For TDM players it matters... it's a shame dice doesn't have game mode specific stats. You play different modes differently (to be most effective) to WIN

TRN is pretty decent for stats , just lacks terribly on tdm
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm bothered by it, because I feel like I played badly with a low KD of ~1.0 even if I got a lot of other points. Points are cheap in BF1, but getting kills by outplaying others isn't.
  • Mishkin37
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    -

I agree with both of you guys. Here's my take on K/D:

1) Why can't K/D be removed from the postgame leaderboard?

2) If it were removed, and I am one of those "high K/D but no points" players, would I still continue to snipe from my spawn zone game after game if the leaderboard only showed my points and not my kills? Wouldn't I get sick of constantly being at the bottom of the leaderboard? Would I possibly change my play style to earn some points? Maybe.

3) If I'm a Rambo who goes 5-25 every game, is seeing my pathetic K/D at the end of the round somehow going to shame me into playing more conservatively and dying less? Probably not.

I think that positive and high K/Ds definitely have their merit, but does displaying it at the end of the round make Conquest a better game? Or does it give certain players something to focus upon rather than objectives and points?

• Pe4chOfde4th
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well in my eyes K/D is a valuable stat. However in most cases it should be looked at with other stats as well (Spm, kpm, defenses, etc...), as well though it can determine if a player is valuable in a firefight.

Personally, I prefer people who can handle themselves, and not die by being breathed on. No offense to lower K/D players of course, I just have a preference to winning as I find it more enjoyable.
  • V2Face
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bbcdom wrote: »
    Really don't get why the k/D ratio is even a thing I play for fun and so do a lot of others but this is surely 1 way of making people feel that they aren't "good" enough. I've had messages in the past saying basically " u suck and ur k/D proves it" so what if mine is 0.5 k/D it's only a bit of fun

Usually people who complain about K/D ratio are typically bad players with low K/D sooo....
  • bbcdom
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    bbcdom wrote: »

Usually people who complain about K/D ratio are typically bad players with low K/D sooo....

Tbh that's the kinda response I expected just cos someone isn't brilliant at battlefield and has a low k/D doesn't make them a bad player it's a game to have fun in afterall
  • Hessuniemii
    968 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    Only two stats I bother with is SPM and Win%
    other stats just drag behind