Might sound stupid but is there any way to tell where you're getting shot from?

Jonny_ChaosMCR
1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
The most frustrating thing for me in BF is not knowing where I'm getting shot from. It's even harder without a normal modern minimap. Thing is I've always seen like a red curve (((similar to the brackets this is in))) on my screen which I assumed was a general giveaway to the direction the shots are coming from but the more I've played the game, the more I have noticed this doesn't really mean anything. Is there any way to know where you're getting shot from? I know battlefields large focused on having a realistic feel and I'm pretty sure if you were getting shot in real life you'd have a general idea of where from. The sounds don't give it away though and the marks on the screen don't seem to have a link to the direction the bullets are coming from.

Any tips? Anyone think it would be a good idea to implement this or if it the ('s are for that purpose, anyone think they could be a bit clearer because if that is what they are for, they have never helped me in the slightest.

Cheers.

Comments

• gooner20112012
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You should see red indicator on the screen . Wherever the indicator is thats direction of fire from
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've always assumed that but it never shows anyone in that direction when I look
  • Sed83
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    spam the r1 button the moment u turn towards the red brackets cos thats where the shots are coming from... they could be really far away or hiding behind cover so look closer...
  • JuggaloSmokez
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    use a headset and change ingame audio setting to Headset.
  • Aragon0107
    38 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have this same problem, it's very difficult to understand where you are shot from. And yes I am using headphones.
  • FF_smart27
    1957 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You should see red indicator on the screen . Wherever the indicator is thats direction of fire from

Indicators are way off. No help at all.
  • JuggaloSmokez
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hear footsteps and gun fire from every angle using a stereo headset. Afterglow AG9's. So I dunno what else to tell ya.
  • binan1970
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Change your sounds to war tapes seems to help me out ,you can hear everything ,also spam your r1 button you will find him or her eventually
  • Xxblue23xX
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sometimes the mini map will show a red indicator in the direction of the enemy as well.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    edited March 2017
    Xxblue23xX wrote: »
    Sometimes the mini map will show a red indicator in the direction of the enemy as well.

Never seen that man
    binan1970 wrote: »
    Change your sounds to war tapes seems to help me out ,you can hear everything ,also spam your r1 button you will find him or her eventually

Tried that mate, i have it on the 7.1 setting now though so i might switch back. I'm using A40's TR's with a mixamp. It sounds beautifully immersive but the direction still doesn't seem on point.