"They Shall not Pass" Thoughts so far?

JediMastaWyn
457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited March 2017
This is strictly for Conquest as I haven't played a operations as yet.

Fort De Vaux : The new locker as they say. It's a good infantry map, most of the gameplay will take place in the fort with sporadic engagements in the outside, lots of tunnels and corridors (played best in the rain)

Verdun Heights : I like this map, town sections mixed with hillsides. Offers a good mixed of shoot outs. Lots of infantry flanking.

Soissons : Feels like the largest of the maps so far. planes, Jeeps, Horses, tanks. Reminds me of Harvest day from Bad Company 1 & 2. Open fields, lots of trenches and French towns and chateau's to destroy.

Rupture : Another large vehicle map, Sunny green poppy filled fields, hills, and a large bridge. Again another quite open field map which I enjoy. Found better gameplay under a light fog.

Overall it is a great DLC imo, can't say I dislike any particular map

Comments

• omar7oss911
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well my most favourite is definitely fort de vaux, It provides intense infantry combat although grenade spam is still somewhat of an issue
  • Alfredkor
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Cant call a favorite just yet. I can call NO battlepacks yet. Damn.. I like em
  • BRUSKI93
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another bloody 20 round magazine for the support class - WHY ??? They seem to be trying to kill this class off or certainly the interest. 20 round mags and no real anti tank capability make this a real cannon fodder class.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    I think I feel like I have more gas grenades now lol.

That restock might be a bit fast for what they were going for IDK. It's all good with me though.

Not sure about the gun stuff. That automatico nerf seems like a wee bit much IMO.
  • Alfredkor
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    All the dlc guns are bad so far. Sniper, vanilla is better. Medic, vanilla is better. Support, same. Assault, okay maybe better. Till now, Premium is still worthless. Get it on sale or something. Full price is ****. Money spent on anything else than the standard game is a loss..
  • MurfCr
    1011 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    so far love it. can't find by butt with both hands and a map in the fort yet...so it got shot off a lot. I did see one issue, I got shot through a wall on the fort by the D flag where the two rooms are next to eachother..player on outside shot through the inside wall dividing the rooms from outside area. walls still up.
    * forgot to add. The new music is fantastic as well.*
  • JediMastaWyn
    457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I find the Fort De Vaux D flag capture point is quite small, with the wall on one side it feels as if you are bottled in
  • dcs500
    1369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How big is the dlc download? Trying to decide whether to download it tonight or leave it for tomorrow.
    Cheers.
  • JediMastaWyn
    7.3Gb
  • RobDon526
    71 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Let ya know been 4hours downloading
  • TheAngryYankee
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's an OK expansion. Maps are large and a lot of open spaces. I have seen a massive increase on snipers and support pretending to be snipers. The new support gun is not really worth getting, the bullet spread is comparable to the MG 08/15 and is more effective with single shot. I tried both guns and reverted back to the BAR. The weather effects seem to either last longer, or happen more frequently. The game never needed additional tanks, yet there they are. This game is evolving to a mixture of Sniper Elite and World of Tanks. BF1 is still, in my opinion, the worst title in franchise history.
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Fort is awful, just like every small map in bf history ie lockers metro etc
  • Eraser_uk
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    To many planes and not anything now to hurt them with one map 4 tanks 6 planes its stupid
  • Sed83
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    seriously i have no idea why DICE would wanna nerf the tanks ( emergency repair now only increase health by 10) and buff planes (by nerfing AA guns)

and the 2 new operation maps... again DICE is making the defenders job so easy... just like monte grappa and oil of empires, defenders wins easily... now before u guys say i suck, please check my stats or my videos... ( the_gh0st459 ) i do pretty good but really verdun first map last sector was a pain in the a55 to take...
  • JediMastaWyn
    Don't know if it's just me but is anyone finding Devils anvil operation really hard as an attacker!
  • Beerggren
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After the medic revive bug, an extra 10 kills per round :)
  • ssolrik
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Frontlines was fun.
  • 69GTOJudge
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Eraser_uk wrote: »
    To many planes and not anything now to hurt them with one map 4 tanks 6 planes its stupid

I saw 4 Tanks on one Team/Map, is it 6 Planes per Team?
  • Noiz93G
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I expected more than that...
    The maps are okay. Not that exciting.
    4 thank in one map? I thought that's insane! The "big" maps are kinda small and the new tank is too fast.
    I didn't expect to be disappointed with that dlc but Ill play those maps sometimes. Why not?
  • Danz_RS
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Disappointed that I couldn't find any DLC operations, and when I tried quickmatch it dropped me in an ungoing Conquer Hell.

Why is still not in the server browser? DICE!!! What the ****!!!!