Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Hit Detection

Comments

• mmarkweII
    2473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »
    I also loved the 44-person CQS servers that (still) run at 45Hz in BF4...don't know if that's pushing it, especially once vehicles are added in, but 60Hz CQS would be super.

Those 44 man servers are glitched servers, and not CQ Small servers. CQ Small servers run with 32 players. The 45hz tickrate is for 32 player game modes and under. It happens when the server is on a small game mode, usually TDM, and gets switched to CQL with players still on the server. The reason the server stays at 45hz is it takes a restart of the server for its tickrate to change. Since the server is never restarted, it stays at the 45hz tickrate instead of changing to the 30hz which is supposed to be what CQL runs at in BF4.

Hope this clarifies what is happening with that situation involving BF4 servers.

oh strange, never knew that. Thanks for clarifying. How have I missed this? So are those running on CQL maps? Or still the smaller TDM maps when they switch over? I always thought they were smaller but I never paid much mind to be honest. Either way I'd love to see the return of CQS on 60Hz servers

It's CQL maps, just with 44 players instead of the 64 it should be.
  • jdbelcher1998
    326 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I also loved the 44-person CQS servers that (still) run at 45Hz in BF4...don't know if that's pushing it, especially once vehicles are added in, but 60Hz CQS would be super.

Those 44 man servers are glitched servers, and not CQ Small servers. CQ Small servers run with 32 players. The 45hz tickrate is for 32 player game modes and under. It happens when the server is on a small game mode, usually TDM, and gets switched to CQL with players still on the server. The reason the server stays at 45hz is it takes a restart of the server for its tickrate to change. Since the server is never restarted, it stays at the 45hz tickrate instead of changing to the 30hz which is supposed to be what CQL runs at in BF4.

Hope this clarifies what is happening with that situation involving BF4 servers.

oh strange, never knew that. Thanks for clarifying. How have I missed this? So are those running on CQL maps? Or still the smaller TDM maps when they switch over? I always thought they were smaller but I never paid much mind to be honest. Either way I'd love to see the return of CQS on 60Hz servers

It's CQL maps, just with 44 players instead of the 64 it should be.

Thanks. It's funny it's a glitch because that number works kinda well in my experience.
  • stuwooster
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    kniphtee wrote: »
    What is with the creaking gate noise letting you know the squad leader designated a new point of attack?
    I was wondering about this, reminded me of a squeaky gate followed by someone shaking some keys, i dont think its when squad leaders assign an objective though, it's when you lose an objective.

• jdbelcher1998
    326 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    stuwooster wrote: »
    kniphtee wrote: »
    What is with the creaking gate noise letting you know the squad leader designated a new point of attack?
    I was wondering about this, reminded me of a squeaky gate followed by someone shaking some keys, i dont think its when squad leaders assign an objective though, it's when you lose an objective.

It's one of the tank sounds. I find it to be unobtrusive, almost to the point that sometimes I don't recognize it because I hear it so often when I'm in a tank. But some audio cue is better than nothing to get crew motivated to get to an objective
  • jdbelcher1998
    It definitely is when the squad leader sets the objective. When you're squad leader you'll hear it when you set one
  • stuwooster
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It definitely is when the squad leader sets the objective. When you're squad leader you'll hear it when you set one

Ah right, i had given up on squad leadering, it gets frustrating with randos
  • jdbelcher1998
    stuwooster wrote: »

Ah right, i had given up on squad leadering, it gets frustrating with randos

So true! I went 16-2 on Fort de Vaux yesterday simply because I had a squad (and team) working together the whole time. Amazing. And so rare with randoms.
  • stuwooster

So true! I went 16-2 on Fort de Vaux yesterday simply because I had a squad (and team) working together the whole time. Amazing. And so rare with randoms.

For sure, with a good squad its pretty easy to grab the top 5 spots and go 40-10 and be clear of other teammates by 5k points
  • jdbelcher1998
    edited March 17
    Either that or hop in a trench fighter and you're good to go. LOL.
  • jdbelcher1998
    (Though admittedly your SPM will suffer while your K/D soars.)
  • lizzard
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is two instances of rageindusing issues after the last patch..

Knife don't Hitt properly.
    Aim wont turn smoth.
    Killed before you see enemy.

And in the end it's a couple of ping related stuff.. Since we dont have ping in scoreboard on bf1. I captured some from r6s.

@mischkag

• mischkag
    152 postsMember, Developer
    The knifing is a bit unfortunate although you seem to miss quite a bit. The hit around corner...if u watch very carefully, u can see the enemies weapon, so it is not hit around corner. As mentioned before, you gonna get your ping (or better in game latency) in the scoreboard with the next patch.
  • VBALL_MVP
    2662 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    lizzard wrote: »

Aim wont turn smoth.

And in the end it's a couple of ping related stuff.. Since we dont have ping in scoreboard on bf1. I captured some from r6s.

@mischkag

Not sure about the first shot. While it looks like you were hit around a corner, you view is obstructed, his might not be. Also you may have a body part exposed. I have tested this before in BF4 on locker and while it looked like I was behind cover, the other persons view a shoulder was exposed.

The second one as mischkag stated the guy was around the corner and saw you. Your view was obstructed but his wasn't. Here is a image of him clearly in view right before he shot you.

http://imgur.com/pNze16R

The knife, while annoying, not anything I thought was wrong....you did miss a lot. Also I would use a higher damage melee weapon so you don't have to hit as much. I am not sure about the whole RB6 thing...not going to comment about the vids cause it is not Battlefield. But I don't know how it relates to what @mischkag was saying about Bf1, you are comparing apples to oranges.
  • lizzard
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

Aim wont turn smoth.

@mischkag

Not sure about the first shot. While it looks like you were hit around a corner, you view is obstructed, his might not be. Also you may have a body part exposed. I have tested this before in BF4 on locker and while it looked like I was behind cover, the other persons view a shoulder was exposed.

The second one as mischkag stated the guy was around the corner and saw you. Your view was obstructed but his wasn't. Here is a image of him clearly in view right before he shot you.

The knife, while annoying, not anything I thought was wrong....you did miss a lot. Also I would use a higher damage melee weapon so you don't have to hit as much. I am not sure about the whole RB6 thing...not going to comment about the vids cause it is not Battlefield. But I don't know how it relates to what @mischkag was saying about Bf1, you are comparing apples to oranges.

First of all.
    I typed wery clearly! That the clips from r6s, is to highlight the ping issues on PlayStation!
    Its an easy way for me to highlight for @mischkag why a big amount of the guys on this forum are Questioning the 4% statement!
    @VBALL_MVP. Im not comparing any type of fruit..
    Im trying to give a gamedeveloper some insight into issues we have on console!

As I typed.. I dont care if it is bugs or glitches!
    It is simply like this.. In both the cases of killed by gunfire in the clip. I know the enemy is there and im waiting for them to show them self!
    I die befor I see them or extremely shortly after I can see an elbow!
    And that is something that makes alot of people rage, if it hapens to often. Witch it does in this game, sadly.

The knifing issue.

I always like to goo with the sawtooth knife.
    But this time I tryed a quicker melee weapon.
    And in both cases, the aim mechanics slowdown issues can be seen.
    Its like the aim speed slows down in the midle of the turn! Its like the game auto hocking on to the enemy, and makes my input invalid! And then the game decides to reject the melee. And I have to retake control of the aim again..

And the melee on the guy that goes prone.. Isnt the melee supposed to go in to a melee animation resulting in a kill. When you melee a prone player!

Thank you mischkag for your input.

• VBALL_MVP
    2662 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 18
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

Aim wont turn smoth.

@mischkag

First of all.
    I typed wery clearly! That the clips from r6s, is to highlight the ping issues on PlayStation!
    Its an easy way for me to highlight for @mischkag why a big amount of the guys on this forum are Questioning the 4% statement!
    @VBALL_MVP. Im not comparing any type of fruit..
    Im trying to give a gamedeveloper some insight into issues we have on console!

As I typed.. I dont care if it is bugs or glitches!
    It is simply like this.. In both the cases of killed by gunfire in the clip. I know the enemy is there and im waiting for them to show them self!
    I die befor I see them or extremely shortly after I can see an elbow!
    And that is something that makes alot of people rage, if it hapens to often. Witch it does in this game, sadly.

The knifing issue.

I always like to goo with the sawtooth knife.
    But this time I tryed a quicker melee weapon.
    And in both cases, the aim mechanics slowdown issues can be seen.
    Its like the aim speed slows down in the midle of the turn! Its like the game auto hocking on to the enemy, and makes my input invalid! And then the game decides to reject the melee. And I have to retake control of the aim again..

And the melee on the guy that goes prone.. Isnt the melee supposed to go in to a melee animation resulting in a kill. When you melee a prone player!

Thank you mischkag for your input.

Well comparing a game that handles latency 100% differently than BF1 is comparing apples to oranges. In fact it's completely irrelevant....I suggest you watch Battlenonsense's vid on his analysis of RB6 netcode...maybe if it comes from someone else's mouth maybe then you will believe it.

Again look at the pic in that link...he is clearly visible and got you first..just look at it and watch your vid again....but again you seem to take offense what I say...so just reread mischkag's post, he says the same thing.

PS- The knife on the prone person...if you are referring to the scene around 1:05...you passed him and knifed the empty ground, that's why you didnt get a melee animation.
  • KingTolapsium
    4681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Pricing, audience, release, and server support. These all effect the frequency of highly latent opponents, and you cannot infer the state of one newer title, based on the state of an older title.

I'm seeing a ton of silent deaths after the patch (similar to the hardline beta), they are seemingly "sound" from a netcode perspective, but the associated silence is deafening. Video proof in the works, along with a whole plethora of other issues.
  • lionking7001
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 18
    I have an issues that is really hard to show because in almost all situations when it occurs it will look like bad aiming. For me it feels like a bubble around your opponent that you can't aim inside. In this video everyone can see that I miss. The problem is that I actually tries to aim moore to the rigt but I have a delay in my action that makes it impossible to hit my enemy.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AuJbbl6pkIS2iUPkPBn5tcrg3EhE

Just to show connection I post a video with the netgraph taken just after the first one.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AuJbbl6pkIS2iUQIsA1smHS13_wa

The question is does anybody else recognize this?
  • KingTolapsium
    4681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @lionking7001

It looks like you miss the first three shots, then when you hit him, he was already in the death animation.

As far as a "bubble" around enemies, that could be a few things.

Your deadzone might be too high, 10-15 feels way better than the default 23.

The slowdown aim assist will literally slow down your aim over enemies, making it feel like you have to aim further to hit your target (this is why I play without the assist).

Could also be input lag, I don't think this "bubble" is a bug.
  • oJU5T1No
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have the same issues with the aim assist, trying to put my sight on some players is like trying to stick the north and south poles of 2 magnets together or I don't get the slow down like i'm aiming at nothing. I think this is to do with players packet loss and jitter they're delaying or not sending packets so the server doesn't know where to place them so they simply vanish in varying intervolves 10ms-1000ms from the server mischkag explained the teleporting, warping , jittering players and the effects a couple of pages back obviously this is going to have an effect on the aim assist aswell when attempting to aim at these players, normally I end up shooting at the players previous location where he is on my screen the last update the server got from this player ,then a second later the server gets the update from that player and poof that player teleports 1-2metres across my screen and 1 frame deaths me.
    I think this is very much going to be the state of battlefield until we get connection quality locked servers.
    The weirdest thing is when I played the beta I rarely experience any of this and the game overall played smoothly, it played so well I even bought it and the premium if the beta was like the game is now I wouldn't have brought it.
    Did the players with dodgy connections simply not play the beta?, since the beta had no server browser was some form of connection based match making used to ensure smooth gameplay so we would buy the game?, without the server browser OOR probably wasn't possible?.
  • lizzard
    I have an issues that is really hard to show because in almost all situations when it occurs it will look like bad aiming. For me it feels like a bubble around your opponent that you can't aim inside. In this video everyone can see that I miss. The problem is that I actually tries to aim moore to the rigt but I have a delay in my action that makes it impossible to hit my enemy.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AuJbbl6pkIS2iUPkPBn5tcrg3EhE

Just to show connection I post a video with the netgraph taken just after the first one.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AuJbbl6pkIS2iUQIsA1smHS13_wa

The question is does anybody else recognize this?

This is something me and several others players have noticed since bf4!
    For me its not as much in bf1.

Again it may be outplayed by the aim slowdown issue in bf1?

That's what happens during the knifeing in my clip. Looks like two drunk fat guys trying to fight.. Aim hits a wall. Me trying to push the aim more. Aim goes past the wall/bump and goes faster all of the suddenly. I overturn. Then when I turn the other way. It slows down mid turn and hits that wall/bump again!

@VBALL_MVP
    The netcode of the two games have nothing to do with the fact that players have a stupidly high ping on PlayStation 4.

I play r6siege because the gameplay design is brilliant! And its the only game on ps4 that fills the role after bf3 and squad rush.
    And ping in scoreboard on that game, shows how bad connection players have.
    It also shows how some players push the 500ms limit.. And raise there ping from 40-50ms to 490ms before making an entry. Simply to gain the peakers advantage!

I don't know why you have to attack my posts every time.. We both want the game to be enjoyable and consistent! Im Questioning your agenda...