Weekly Debrief

Who had the great idea to bring the crap interface from BF1 to BF4?

Comments

• RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited March 2017
    ^ Ironically when BL first released with BF3, the majority of people hated it.

On topic:
    New UI does not affect me. I haven't even seen it yet.

I always have and still use BL to launch the game. I don't touch Origin.
  • DevastorMarine
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    "best interface we ever made" #alternative facts
  • Pahkiller
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    ^ Ironically when BL first released with BF3, the majority of people hated it.

On topic:
    New UI does not affect me. I haven't even seen it yet.

I always have and still use BL to launch the game. I don't touch Origin.

The majority hated the battlelog launch because steam had it down pat, was a great and easy interface but EA decided they want full control of there games (fair enough I guess)
    Then the latest origin launcher for BF4 here's what I believe is there reasoning.

They have created the new interface for BF4 because most PC gamer's are leaving BF1 because its, "really a fail Game" and they think that if they get the battlelog interface and make all Pc gamer use it they are in with BF1 interface at the same time so its all there
    Then they say "look" you can see all the latest news etc etc etc all the rubbish really no one wants to know.

But will see now what happens as it seems everyone hates the new interface for bf4.
    Lets face it its a piece of garbage alright, I also believe the developers leave all the flaming and angry remarks in here for the Community managers to deal with. so cant abuse or blame them, EA own Dice and these forums, they have the first and last say so all we can do is not buy there games simple....
  • Pajotero
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    jsimpson32 wrote: »
    Please send a Dice engineer to my house. I want to punch him in the face.

Comment of the week right there, and I'm second in line.
  • keimo02
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Should have made the UI just like this from the start...and since its multifunctional to begin with why was BF3 left out?!?!
  • Rev0verDrive
    6727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just lite the devs up on Twitter! Fill up all their social media outlets.
  • Dog01B
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This new interface is really bad. Hate it in BF1, paid top dollar to get screwed with the interface there. Now it's on BF4. Make's me rethink about purchasing any DICE game or a game from EA. If only could get a refund.
  • SAS_SNIP3R
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Mine doesn't even open Battlefield anymore. It just reopens the Origin window.
  • mos19k20
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree with the majority. One of the reasons I left BF1 (besides all the gameplay issues) was the interface. The ability to toggle out of the game between rounds was very useful as I would look at the Battle Report, status of Fav servers and other players. Now I am locked into uselessness.
    The many comments of being able to use BL to still log in does not mention the fact of the extra steps that I should not have to do compared to the prior Origin single login.

EA reveals another reason for the new interface besides that it has running news of BF1 (who cares?) is a desperate attempt to get more interest in that dog, and that is in the Update News item:"In-game store that allows you to buy content from both Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1." This is their real hope, to drive micropurchases and raise revenue.

I know EA is in the business of making money before all else. I guess it is just grating to us old-timers to see it so blatant after decades of great game designers who were more interested in making great art as opposed to raising stock prices.
  • mos19k20
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Is there a way to change the shortcut to the game to launch BL instead of Origin and auto-login?
  • TrueEmissary
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mos19k20 wrote: »
    Is there a way to change the shortcut to the game to launch BL instead of Origin and auto-login?

this! Signing in once should be enough to play a game. I know you can use the "remember me" stuff, but i always feel uncomformable using such options.
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited March 2017

Not that I know of.

This is what I do:
    Start Origin - Login - Minimize
    Go to http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ - Login
    I use BL to search for servers using the Search Server feature or Favorites or History.
    I find a server, then join. I never have any issues, ever.

Pro Tip: DO NOT USE ORIGIN TO LAUNCH THE GAME!

P.S. A few posts here have made me even more happy I have not bought BF1. And likely never will.
  • The-Whizkid
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dear Mr. EA - First you brought us a console game to pc which is completely misplaced in the battlefield series. With this you disappointed all our big expectations and made us stuck with BF3 and 4. Then you F´ed the entire community which made this game so so awesome with your server policies, then you announced there will be no correction of your route in 2017 and that you will concentrate on other games. Then you let us down and quit the support for the only left true battlefield game BF4 and now after you completely annoyed us and left us behind you gave us another kick in the #**** with this ugly UI which feels someone took you out of a well known and loved environment and put you into prison for no reason. This UI feels like the strongest limitation ever made in BF.

I´ve played BF1942, BF2, BF2142, BF3, BF Bad Company1, BF Bad Company2, even BF Hard Line (wtf), and BF4.....

But shame on me I bought BF1 - The reset of the series was the worst thing ever.... I played it but it just does not feel like a real battlefield... In fact this is a letdown for all fans of the series....

And now you successfully made it to extinguish the entire community with this UI!

It is such a major shame... such a let down... such a disappointment.... The Battlefield Community and the BF Series is dead and its YOUR FAULT!!!

RIP Battlefield!
  • alucardgr
    386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dear Mr. EA - First you brought us a console game to pc which is completely misplaced in the battlefield series. With this you disappointed all our big expectations and made us stuck with BF3 and 4. Then you F´ed the entire community which made this game so so awesome with your server policies, then you announced there will be no correction of your route in 2017 and that you will concentrate on other games. Then you let us down and quit the support for the only left true battlefield game BF4 and now after you completely annoyed us and left us behind you gave us another kick in the #**** with this ugly UI which feels someone took you out of a well known and loved environment and put you into prison for no reason. This UI feels like the strongest limitation ever made in BF.

I´ve played BF1942, BF2, BF2142, BF3, BF Bad Company1, BF Bad Company2, even BF Hard Line (wtf), and BF4.....

But shame on me I bought BF1 - The reset of the series was the worst thing ever.... I played it but it just does not feel like a real battlefield... In fact this is a letdown for all fans of the series....

And now you successfully made it to extinguish the entire community with this UI!

It is such a major shame... such a let down... such a disappointment.... The Battlefield Community and the BF Series is dead and its YOUR FAULT!!!

RIP Battlefield!

OMG you sayed all man!
  • loopy750
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I use my own shortcut to do it my way... Create a file called "Battlefield 4.cmd", edit in notepad and save:

START "" /B "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Origin.exe" -AutoStart
    START "" /B "https://accounts.ea.com/connect/auth?locale=en_US&state=bf4&redirect_uri=https%%3A%%2F%%2Fbattlelog.battlefield.com%%2Fsso%%2F%%3Ftokentype%%3Dcode&response_type=code&client_id=battlelog&display=web%%2Flogin"

If Origin is on your C: drive then that part will be correct. The last line is the "Log in" URL. If you have "Remember me" checked, you will automatically be logged in.
  • ts_memphi
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Which damn **** had this holy **** interface idea (i mean, BF1 is total crap, so the interface does fit perfectly to BF1), but why the hell for BF4? Since BF3 you introduced the battlelog and now, when everybody gets clear, you drop it? Why?

The selection of servers was much easier from the web (no it doesn't work anymore!). And even my favortie servers are not overtaken in the **** BF4 menu! What idiots develop on BF4 at Dice? Does anyone with brain could interrupt!!!

Really dice, you **** BF twice, first with an extremely boring BF1 and now due to **** changes on BF4! If you think I buy BF1 because you made BF4 to a total mess, I promise, I never will buy BF1! But if you don't react, I will never buy BF in anyway!
  • Rev0verDrive
    6727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ts_memphi wrote: »
    The selection of servers was much easier from the web (no it doesn't work anymore!).

BattleLog still works just as it did before the update. I've been playing BF4 just fine since the update. I still use Battlelog and don't have an issue.

I do not boot BF4 through Origin. I always start games directly from BL. I have a bookmark link for my favorites page. Simple, no drama.

• TacticulBacon
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I actually find it hilarious that Dice managed to replace a bad system with an even worse system. At the very least it makes me appreciate battlelog a bit more.
  • ASF-SKINTOX
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    im just happy all you guys are pissed
  • LGBTrump
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I actually find it hilarious that Dice managed to replace a bad system with an even worse system. At the very least it makes me appreciate battlelog a bit more.
    They didnt replace it since you can still connect to servers trough Battlelog, just as before.