Anyone else out there that's sticking to one weapon for the rest of BF1's life cycle?

realistalive
606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited April 2017
I6nfy31.jpg

For me it has to be the Gewehr M.95. It has the highest ROF out of all the bolt action rifles, a straight pull bolt instead of the rotating bolt-handle, meaning you can stay ADS without zooming out to cycle the next round. It's lack of a sweetspot is compensated by a unique damage model where you put out consistent 75-90 DMG which results in you getting plenty of assists counts as kill and never just an assist.

It's also easily the most versatile allowing you to do well in cqc, mid range and longer ranges once you get used to the muzzle velocity. Not to mention that lightning fast reload.
The M.95 just makes every other scout weapon redundant for my playstyle (I'll still take out the Lebel once in a while). It might be the best weapon I've ever used in BF and I'll never get bored of it.

Enough talking about that though, I've come across plenty of people with 100/200+ service stars on a single weapon and want to hear your thoughts on why a weapon stood out to you over everything else.
Post edited by realistalive on

Comments

• Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    Yup, I'll be sticking to the Selby Marksman for like ever...
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bmxmitch1 wrote: »
    Oh god no! I want variety.
    I always wonder why people dont get bored by using only one weapon...

Agreed. Not only that, not all weapons are good in all situations.

• Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Because we enjoy using them and like the familiarity, perhaps?

Horses for courses each to their own and all that.
    Bearing in mind I come from the days when pong was technological marvel then Asteroids and Battlezone were the best graphics ever. Yup, we had staying power in those days without all the 'variety' which I must confess to finding confusing at times these days. Bought PES 2017 for the PS4 the other day, talk about lost!!!
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Unless it gets nerfed I play with the benet-mercie telescopic. I've been playing around with the Chauchat but will be returning to my fav.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Selbstlader 1906, though I've not hit 100 Stars yet and I'm on a break from it to 5-Star each of the TSNP Guns (RSC and Ribeyrolles left, did the ones I'd enjoy less first). It's easily the best SLR To me and I love the heck out of it. I haven't even used the RSC Much and I've already had a moment or two where I've thought "If I just had my 1906 I'd have won that". It just sings to me and to me, all of the other SLRs are just inferior.

Also,
    bmxmitch1 wrote: »
    Oh god no! I want variety.
    I always wonder why people dont get bored by using only one weapon...

To each their own. Variety is nice, sure, but I personally wouldn't use other guns that are arguably worse (both in stats and just in my performance with them) simply for the sake of variety.
  • Decado_Killer
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Scouts using infantry version for that aim assist 1hk please turn it off and learn your place.
  • MATT-CHEW82
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MP18 Trench. I only play Assault and the "Trenchie" as i refer to it is the only gun ill ever use.

Im one of the few assault guys that doesn't use the Model 10 nor the Hellreigel. B)
  • TerraTubes
    320 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Scouts using infantry version for that aim assist 1hk please turn it off and learn your place.

I love this guy
  • BigDawg_1281
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    I was that way on BF4 too. It was the L86A2 for suppprt and the SCAR for assault.

Find your go to and stick with it.

I use the MG 15 Suppressive for support and the Hellreigel for assault. Both work well for me in most situations.
  • ElliotLH
    9214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If I had to pick one weapon I think I'd be happy with the Cei-Rigotti (20 stars so far). Would rather have some variety though.

Each to their own.
  • Removed11322
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I was that way on BF4 too. It was the L86A2 for suppprt and the SCAR for assault.

Find your go to and stick with it.

I use the MG 15 Suppressive for support and the Hellreigel for assault. Both work well for me in most situations.

Love the mg15 suppressive, no matter what situation I'm in with it I always feel comfortable even if I lose an engagement.
  • Claymore512
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Don't think I'll only use one weapon. I dont have all the weapons but I more or less use a different weapon/class every game
  • Loqtrall
    12417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M.95 Carbine all day.
  • SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Never understood how so many can be accepting of this.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I rotate depending what flag i spawn on but my best, most used gun is the mondragon storm. The M95 is my top on the sniper class as well.
  • ferz100
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I find it impossible to stick to the one weapon. I easily get bored lol.
  • Rasgyn_PS
    325 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I suppose i do have some weapons(mp18 optical / benet mercie storm) i played alot with before i tried to get a star behind every one of them. But in general i use 2 weapons on the same class in a single match. Im not that accurate, so i tend to switch alot because of stats in situations. I also find it fun to see how good i can become with every weapon, besides the obvious limits, its quite fun to see what it does. Sticking with one weapon is a argument i can totally get into, but i dont really try to improve, so im more of a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ running around because i know i will never become a gaminggod nor is it my ambition.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lh20122012 wrote: »
    I would but dice forgot to put me a horse on every map.