Anyone else out there that's sticking to one weapon for the rest of BF1's life cycle?

Comments

• THAGURT
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    zu6LQ1E.png

For me it has to be the Gewehr M.95. It has the highest ROF out of all the bolt action rifles, a straight pull bolt instead of the rotating bolt-handle, meaning you can stay ADS without zooming out to cycle the next round. It's lack of a sweetspot is compensated by a unique damage model where you put out consistent 75-90 DMG which results in you getting plenty of assists counts as kill and never just an assist.

It's also easily the most versatile allowing you to do well in cqc, mid range and longer ranges once you get used to the muzzle velocity. Not to mention that lightning fast reload.
    The M.95 just makes every other scout weapon redundant for my playstyle (I'll still take out the Lebel once in a while). It might be the best weapon I've ever used in BF and I'll never get bored of it.

Enough talking about that though, I've come across plenty of people with 100/200+ service stars on a single weapon and want to hear your thoughts on why a weapon stood out to you over everything else.

25 days played? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ do you do for a living?
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd say... Gewehr 98 Sniper. Well, any variant of it really.

Noob question though: if you have more than 100 stars, does it show on the killcam ? I doubt I've ever seen it.
  • disposalist
    8916 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think you're really missing out on the fun from playing all the classes and varying you weapons *shrug*

I'm really interested to know what you think of the SMLE Carbine, though. I seem to prefer it to the G.95 but I don't really know why. Any ideas? @realistalive
  • DuskDream18
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I couldn't imagine myself just only playing with one weapon, because it'd get boring so fast! I regularly switch weapons in matches, depending on range and situation, really.
  • Feed4u
    697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can't possibly imagine using only 1 primary weapon for each class, as each gun really does have it's own character and personality. Sure I do have primary weapons I favor for certain classes, but I would not restrict myself to just 1 weapon.
    For example when I play scout, I use the m.95 carbine for aggressive sniping, and the m1903 marksman for when I want to snipe from range. For medic, Mondragon storm for up close and Selbstlader M1916 Marksman for bigger maps.
  • Jammie1789
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Russian Trench. Such an underrated gun, and least used Scout rifle.
    Currently working my way up the top 10 for kills worldwide on PS4 / top 30 all platforms. Not that you need many to do it.
  • mikegh1994
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nah, I like to have variety when I'm playing, using the same gun over and over gets old pretty quick.
  • ILoveBF2Fin
    486 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Scouts using infantry version for that aim assist 1hk please turn it off and learn your place.

Lmao I was gonna comment the exact same thing. Pretty suspicious how his 2 best scout rifles are the 2 exact weapons that you can best abuse the aim assist with.

• BaronVonGoon
    7050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    Scouts using infantry version for that aim assist 1hk please turn it off and learn your place.

Not only does op not use auto rotation aim assist but he also doesn't use slowdown aim assist. Can you say that about yourself?
    Post edited by BaronVonGoon on
  • ILoveBF2Fin

Not only does op not use auto aim assist but he also doesn't use slowdown aim assist. Can you say that about yourself?

Smells like BS, there is no reason not to use and abuse auto rotation with infantry variants. You will never, and I repeat, never be able to aim a precise shot as quickly as the auto rotation does, especially if you are using a controller, not even close.

So you are either a bad player for abusing aim assist, or you are a moron because you choose to handicap yourself. Pick one.

Also slowdown is largely irrelevant when it comes to abusing auto rotation. In fact, it's recommended that you play with auto rotation on and slowdown off.
  • ILoveBF2Fin
    edited March 2017

Not only does op not use auto aim assist but he also doesn't use slowdown aim assist. Can you say that about yourself?

Smells like BS, there is no reason not to use and abuse auto rotation with infantry variants. You will never, and I repeat, never be able to aim a precise shot as quickly as the auto rotation does, especially if you are using a controller, not even close.

So you are either a bad player for abusing aim assist, or you are a moron because you choose to handicap yourself. Pick one.

Neither. You're obviously brain dead because you don't seem to know that auto rotation makes you worse as a player. You haven't figured it out which tells me you're not worth discussing something obviously beyond your current knowledge base.

Also slowdown is largely irrelevant when it comes to abusing auto rotation. In fact, it's recommended that you play with auto rotation on and slowdown off.

Wow you are really clueless. Please uninstall BF1.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/82862/there-is-too-much-aim-assist-in-this-battlefield/p1

With how naive you are on this subject, it's funny how you call me clueless.
    I have evidence and footage on my side. You have nothing but words and crappy insults. Have a nice day
  • ChickNFoot
    1627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    "BF1 has barely any weapons to use" has 100 service stars with the automatico
  • BaronVonGoon
    7050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Neither. You're obviously brain dead because you don't seem to know that auto rotation makes you worse as a player. You haven't figured it out which tells me you're not worth discussing something obviously beyond your current knowledge base.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/82862/there-is-too-much-aim-assist-in-this-battlefield/p1

I have evidence and footage on my side. You have nothing but words and crappy insults. Have a nice day

Showing me a post about how aim assist can be abused is completely irrelevant to your previous (idiotic) points which I was arguing:

• ILoveBF2Fin

Showing me a post about how aim assist can be abused is completely irrelevant to your previous (idiotic) points which I was arguing:

> guy thinks aim assist makes a player worse (in regards to infantry variants)
    > show guy evidence how aim assist can be abused with infantry variants
    > guy denies said evidence because it's not relevant to aim assist being broken

http://www.funnybits.mobi/2014/03/arguing-with-idiots-is-like-playing.html?m=1
  • cammoses003
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    nah, as soon as i get nice and comfortable with one its on to the next.

i know too many one trick ponies on battlefield
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's what I do. I think I'm still #7 with the AK-74m on BF3 for ps3. The only time you're really changing things up is when you change classes. All the weapons are similar to me within the same class and their slight differences don't warrant a feel of revamped gameplay so I just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the weapon I like best.
  • DarIthris
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mhm, my "Sho-Sho" is my new favorite. I would love to like the BAR but it fires way too fast and is inaccurate on all variants. So I had been using the MG15 that compensates with higher damage and rounds but since the release of the DLC. I have not stopped using the Chauchat because it provides the best I want. High damage up close and far away. Taking 3-5 shots just to kill someone.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BaronVonGoon
    edited March 2017

> guy thinks aim assist makes a player worse (in regards to infantry variants)
    > show guy evidence how aim assist can be abused with infantry variants
    > guy denies said evidence because it's not relevant to aim assist being broken

http://www.funnybits.mobi/2014/03/arguing-with-idiots-is-like-playing.html?m=1

Good God. You're completely clueless. Youre saying this 'evidence' shows that auto rotation makes you a better player? You truly delusional.

I didn't deny aim assist can be abused. I denied it's use as evidence to prove this point of yours:

Smells like BS, there is no reason not to use and abuse auto rotation with infantry variants. You will never, and I repeat, never be able to aim a precise shot as quickly as the auto rotation does

The abuse of aim assist is not what I'm arguing and is completely irrelevant in this case. Your ludicirious insinuation that people should use aim assist IS what I'm arguing. Because auto rotation aim assist makes you worse and this point cannot be denied. Period.

Get a few more chromosomes I don't think you're capable of comprehending structural debate.