Why does early access even exist?

GreenRey
403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
A serious question I ask myself every time I buy into the EA season pass. What is DICE/EA trying to accomplish with this? Are we supposed to feel special because we are "premium" members? because it's pretty sad how meaningless that premium "feature" really is when you can barely find a full match. Just the other night I was experiencing empty lobbies on both 40 and 65 operations... that shouldn't be happening at all.

Why doesnt DICE make all DLC available to all players regardless if they aren't SP holders. It hurts the player base more than it benefits to make it 2 weeks early access. Honestly cannot wait until this period is over so I can get into some matches.

ok, rant over.

Comments

• st0ry
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    MONEY
  • BigF33t_13
    6650 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    st0ry wrote: »
    MONEY

Don't mind OP. Kids these days don't understand capitalism.
  • ad_matthew
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol it's an incentive for consumers to pay the money for the season pass? Simple economics really. Regarding the other point, I've had zero server issues.
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TBH, I don't buy gimmicky premium **** normally. But when they bundled it with the dlc, I picked it up and have enjoyed it. I was going to by the SP anyways and having two weeks of servers filled more serious battlefielders has been extremely nice.

I haven't run into empty servers though so my experience has been different.
  • Stetheboro
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Not had empty servers either.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dlcs are available to all players. You just got to buy it.
  • Feed4u
    697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Obviously to incentivize buying premium pass over individual DLCs. Premium pass price > 3x DLC prices (considering they would be prized at 15 USD ea).
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why get so worked up over a video game? We are all gonna die eventually so what's the point
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    anzac1915 wrote: »
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Why get so worked up over a video game? We are all gonna die eventually so what's the point

Legends never die ;) .

Just live long enough to become a spawn point
  • plain_ole_pain
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ooh, this is a real tough one I'm going to say because people like turtles. What do i win?
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ooh, this is a real tough one I'm going to say because people like turtles. What do i win?

Early access ;)
  • trinaryejw
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't buy premium anymore. In a few weeks or months after a dlc's release there will be a ton of empty servers and everyone will be playing vanilla again. This business model that splits up it's player base has the same outcome every time. I'm hoping they end the practice soon.
  • Decado_Killer
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ps4 has always got full servers and early access gives us time to unlock everything and learn the new maps with double xp aswell.
  • trinaryejw
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »
    st0ry wrote: »
    MONEY

Don't mind OP. Kids these days don't understand capitalism.

How much time do you spend on these forums, and why are you so unpleasant?
  • Alvonator
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Because ir creates a simple and early window for you to give EA "extra" money.
  • ASF-SKINTOX
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

great comment low iq though
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

great comment low iq though

Says the one with no input.
  • GreenRey
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I get that it's business but I love how most these people commenting simply accept the garbage business practice that EA/DICE continues with. Almost sounds like some of you are even defending it. I guess that comes from being a battlefield fan all these years right? I believe this is part of the reason EA is moving towards greedier business practices, because people like these just accept it.
  • kampkaos_420_
    Poor people suck. Dlc 16 new maps. How many does vanilla have ? New weapons and perks. It's like getting another whole game. There is a lot there, and worth the money. Skip a meal out once and a while and buy it. If you don't want to buy it, quit looking for a hand out. simple....