*sticky* - New BF4 UI for PC - Update Live Now.

Comments

• DICEfixREG2k13
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just resetted my pc, installing win 10 pro. Since i downloaded this new bf4 version, when i try to join a server which has dlcs maps it says i'm missing them.
    I have Bf4 base, and got the dlc's when they were given for free. So, what's the problem guys?
    Why aren't them working anymore?
    The problem persists even after following this guide: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/HOW-TO-Enable-Battlefield-4-DLC-s-after-reinstall-PC/td-p/2459232
    Any ideas?

Thank you guys.
  • II-Giggs-II
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The new update broke the game for me.

I can't access the server browser at all. Once I click it, the game crashes, then for some reason, it decides to make Windows disable my monitor.

Also performs like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I've never had any issues with running BF4. I'm running two Pascal Titan Xs and a 5930K, and the menu runs at like 20 fps.
  • pepsiwinkle
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Few thoughts, barely constructive. 1. Game seems to not play aswell as it did on my ol i5, frames drop from time to time, probably on cpu overload. 2. Dice mentions I can still launch BF4 from battlelog, however, it took a while to find battlelog and once there I was unable to install the plugin...so I was unsuccessful at launching BF4 from battlelog. 3. BF4 experience is broken due to poorer performance and many old battlelog features lacking in the new UI. Rant complete...
  • Chimeara5
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    you're kidding right?? Profanity? You're aware these games are rated 18? And that there is a thing called freedom of speech?

that doesn't apply to private entities i.e. forums and game clans.
  • DICEfixREG2k13
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The new update broke the game for me.

I can't access the server browser at all. Once I click it, the game crashes, then for some reason, it decides to make Windows disable my monitor.

Also performs like ****. I've never had any issues with running BF4. I'm running two Pascal Titan Xs and a 5930K, and the menu runs at like 20 fps.

You're not alone, i5 4460 and rx 470, on menu i'm between 15 and 25fps, nice.

I just resetted my pc, installing win 10 pro. Since i downloaded this new bf4 version, when i try to join a server which has dlcs maps it says i'm missing them.
    I have Bf4 base, and got the dlc's when they were given for free. So, what's the problem guys?
    Why aren't them working anymore?
    The problem persists even after following this guide: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/HOW-TO-Enable-Battlefield-4-DLC-s-after-reinstall-PC/td-p/2459232
    Any ideas?

Thank you guys.
  • W4rH0rse
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Few thoughts, barely constructive. 1. Game seems to not play aswell as it did on my ol i5, frames drop from time to time, probably on cpu overload. 2. Dice mentions I can still launch BF4 from battlelog, however, it took a while to find battlelog and once there I was unable to install the plugin...

@pepsiwinkle You don't need the plugin, just log into Battlelog, hover your mouse cursor over your name at the top of the page and click settings. Click the box next to "Use plugin-free game launching" so it turns green, then click "SAVE" at the bottom of the page.
  • ohknees
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    94MIM94 wrote: »
    To reiterate.

If your Origin is telling you that the game is not installed and you have to download the whole game,  I can confirm you do NOT have to download the entire game again.

Click Download and Origin will detect the game files that are already present,  And will skip those and just download the patch.

To reiterate again. You are wrong. I am currently downloading the whole game again. if it was only 3gb like you mentioned then origin would not have deleted my BF4 files like it has. and also to top it off deleted all the DLC. That is going to take ages for it all to download again. All for a terrible UI that is painfully slow. where battlelog works fine.
    As a matter of fact Origin itself is terrible in its current version. older version was much better. didn't randomly close and have all the issues with conversation notifications.

Have the exact same issue. Game data files are gone. Now forced to re-download 26GB worth of data, all for a simple UI update worth 3GB. I can imagine that that 26GB does NOT include all the DLC. Completely unacceptable, IMHO.

• PrzemooZST
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Same issue here, can't even start the game, keep crashing ;/ I've tried to verify all files, all successful but still can't play at all.
  • lysbille
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yep Step1: New UI downloaded because you are forced to. It broke my friends list, server list, BF games, lagged out the whole process. Step 2: Ignored the new UI, binned it, urinated on it & went straight back to Battlelog log-in where things work.
  • ragnarok013
    3666 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    There is no ETA for it but honestly atm I prefer BL over the UI.

Same here, I honestly wish they'd bring BF1 to Battlelog and then maybe we can actually join friends without sacrificing a goat and summoning the Battlefield gods.
  • PureWhiteWitch
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    I removed post due to double post
    Post edited by PureWhiteWitch on
  • PureWhiteWitch
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    This console loadout is the very reason I will never play BF1 it is a loadout for console and has NO place on a PC Rig and it is so very broken. It is way slower then battlelog and as long as your forced to use this trash UI in BF1 they will keep losing people in BF1 from buying the game and playing the game. In BF4 to get around this trash UI for Console..... load origin then open your browser and login to battlelog... http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ Bad move EA to try and force a PC into a console load out it is the very reason many a PC gamer walk from games. Bring Battleog to BF1 and I will play your game until then mmm No I do not allow console trash on my game rigs as I am a PC gamer over 20 years I dont do console UI for dummies. Makes no difference to me as I will walk from any game when it ports crap from console onto a PC game and this is what the new UI is ported console crap.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13859 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @Zorlacc
    If it was "forced" to make you use the UI, The battlelog launcher would have been shut down.
  • sleezball
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Really everything interesting of Battlelog is gone in the new UI.

No more Soldier stats, Fav's are gone and most of all: the ease of use.
    Forcing everybody over to a UI for consoles is simply sad, if I wanted a console game I would've bought that one.
    Like above me Zorlacc already said, open your browser and use the old but really usefull Battlelog.

It seems EA doesn't care about his money spending customers, it's like they're 'Shoo-shooing' everybody away. But hey, what else is new.
    For now I'm glad I've never had the intension to start with Battlefield 1 and spent a lot of money on something half-done.
    Never even thought of buying Hardline too btw, played the beta and saw instantly it wasn't going to be a blockbuster.
    But if this is the way EA is going to promote and force such useless UI on games in the future they are going to loose a lot of people on alternative games from other studio's.

Please EA, at least give pplz the choice to switch from Battlelog to the new UI and back. It wouldn't be such a problem programming a switch in Battlelog and in the new consoleport-like UI...
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13859 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    sleezball wrote: »
    Please EA, at least give pplz the choice to switch from Battlelog to the new UI and back. It wouldn't be such a problem programming a switch in Battlelog and in the new consoleport-like UI...

@sleezball
    That's the thing.. You actually DO have a choice of which way to launch the game.

If you wish to launch the game via Battlelog, You just load things in this order.
    • Load Origin
    • Open your browser and sign in to battlelog.battlefield.com
    • browse your servers / favourites as usual
    • launch the game via Battlelog

And if you wish to launch BF4 via the new UI, Just double click the shortcut on the desktop or load it directly from Origin.

• sleezball
    sleezball wrote: »

@sleezball
    That's the thing.. You actually DO have a choice of which way to launch the game.

If you wish to launch the game via Battlelog, You just load things in this order.
    • Load Origin
    • Open your browser and sign in to battlelog.battlefield.com
    • browse your servers / favourites as usual
    • launch the game via Battlelog

And if you wish to launch BF4 via the new UI, Just double click the shortcut on the desktop or load it directly from Origin.

I know the way to use Battlelog. What I meant was a simple knob somewhere in the new UI ánd in Battlelog, that gives a simple switch between the two. I already said the solution you now mention is the way to use the Battlelog we're used to.

Ofcourse there's a choice (for now) but it can be made so much more simple but I doubt EA is going to do so, for some reason they're forcing the new UI to everybody. It wouldn't supprise me if Battlelog is impossible to use in the near future.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    @sleezball
    Probably won't happen with regards to battlelog shutting off completely.

Legacy titles ( BF3 / MOHWF ) both rely on Battlelog as the launcher for both campaign and multiplayer.
  • sleezball
    @sleezball
    Probably won't happen with regards to battlelog shutting off completely.

Legacy titles ( BF3 / MOHWF ) both rely on Battlelog as the launcher for both campaign and multiplayer.

Well, let's hope so. It's quite easy for the programmers to delete the option for BF4 and BF1 in Battlelog.
    But let us don't wake up sleeping dogs by discussing this... ;-)
  • PureWhiteWitch
    @Zorlacc
    If it was "forced" to make you use the UI, The battlelog launcher would have been shut down.

Well it is forced in BF1 .... so real easy I will not play BF1 due to this console trash on PC as I stated.
  • Strac_CRO
    763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    wtf 3.65 GB of what ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    3.65 GB ?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

In update note it says: "Below is a list of some of the features of the new Battlefield 4 UI Update."
    Where is the full list of changes?