Flickering textures in SLI / They shall not pass

Comments

• HauntedAndy
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    My Nvidia control panel says, FXAA not supported for BF1. Can only be turned off globally.
  • Cr4ftboy
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think in 3 months it will be fixed
  • bLuEwInG26
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bLuEwInG26 wrote: »
    OK. I have a 780ti in SLI and experienced the same symptoms as you all have.

Bizzarly what seems to have worked for me is simply turning FXAA OFF in the nvidia control panel.

My BF1 graphics settings is set to ULTRA

Please advise what settings you have left in game? TAA off or?

TAA On
  • Onkelbloody
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I´m using SLi, TAA off, 150 scale resolution and Ultra Settings for the rest.
    Today...the Flickering in menu start´s again. Not in the game...but in one session
    all the time @ the menu. So TAA off/on seems not to be the only reason for flickering.
  • Alcor32
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    having this problem for the 3rd time now, they fixed it in the previous patch but now it's back again.

2x 980 ti's
  • GTAOST
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GUYS, the problem with so called graphic downgrade is because of SLI. Many users report real bad texture lod and i can tell you that it is because of the broken SLI after the last DLC.
  • s4ccio
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Even with single gpu the problem about bad lod and bad textures is always present
  • Hit_Marka
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2017
    GTAOST wrote: »
    GUYS, the problem with so called graphic downgrade is because of SLI. Many users report real bad texture lod and i can tell you that it is because of the broken SLI after the last DLC.

Yep, it certainly looks that way...oh well looks like im ditching my two Evga babies and getting a 1080 Ti, but im going to wait for the overclocked special edition cards to come out, not buying a stock card as they are thermally disadvantaged. I have been an SLI user ever since the day technology was released over 13 yrs ago, but the time has come I think to just be happy with a single card solution, especially considering the power of the gpu's today. either that or keep on with my Superclocked 980 ti's for now and do a major PC upgrade around volta when thats released? Hmmmm...
  • Nzz1
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    Sli not working in BF1 at all with 2x 1080ti. Same fps as 1xgpu. Sli is working in other games that support sli. 378.78 driver.

So sli is broken again with the DLC.

Sli is working in CTE !
    Post edited by Nzz1 on
  • poundrave
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    This place is nothing but pissing in the wind.
    Nzz1 wrote: »
    Sli not working in BF1 at all with 2x 1080ti. Same fps as 1xgpu. Sli is working in other games that support sli. 378.78 driver.

Sli is working in CTE !

sounds like you are using DX12. CTE mGPU DX12 is testing right now and production servers only DX11 SLI works. Try switching to DX11
  • Er8serhead
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hit_Marka wrote: »
    Some people report as above, others recommend turning of TAA altogether. I have AA @16x in the Nvidia control panel, so I leave TAA off in the game. I have noticed a performance (fps) increase in the new patch and DLC for my humble little sli rig...I reckon I am getting an easy extra 10fps since the patch. Maybe they optomised the game a smidge or the latest driver give a bit better perf?..., but I run ultra @1440 and I rarely drop below 100fps now? Whatever the reason I am a happy little chappy.

I have 2 x GTX 980ti in SLI and am experiencing the same increase in fps (from 80-90 -> 120) after the new DLC but I'm not happy. The reason for the increase seems to be the dumbing down of the Ultra setting. There is a noticeable decrease in rendering quality and general realism. Basically, it now looks slightly ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on DX11 (and DX12 isn't supported for SLI).
  • FantasyFiR3
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've got 2x gtx 960 4gb sli and same flickering problem here. I dont know exactly is it beacuse of 378.78 driver or DLC but this issue occur after DLC . Before I had no problem. Now all grass and trees are flickering and txaa not working. Even if all settings maximum include resulation scale %200 still all objects edges are very jaggy. I think aa is not working. All this graphic problem occuring when I turn on sli. If turn off sli there is no problem all objects, grass etc. are look very smooth
  • KingCapning
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've got 2x gtx 960 4gb sli and same flickering problem here. I dont know exactly is it beacuse of 378.78 driver or DLC but this issue occur after DLC . Before I had no problem. Now all grass and trees are flickering and txaa not working. Even if all settings maximum include resulation scale %200 still all objects edges are very jaggy. I think aa is not working. All this graphic problem occuring when I turn on sli. If turn off sli there is no problem all objects, grass etc. are look very smooth

Also getting that problem but while the textures/trees are flickering it feels grainy too, im using 970s in sli and this didn't happen before latest update.
  • Onkelbloody
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nzz1 wrote: »

Sli is working in CTE !

Just tested the CTE....DX12 Multi-GPU work...but is laggy a hell.
    ...and yes...I found no problem using SLI under DX11 inkl. TAA on the CTE !?!
    DICE....please forward a patch to the release version
  • Draftus95
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 2017
    GTAOST wrote: »

all users suffer from bad LOD unfortunately
  • CROOKEDest
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    GUYS just use inspector and use sli bits 0x081902F5 everthing works fine even taa .i use sli gtx 970's ,banging over 100 fps.Had to use in past with that fall patch :smile: aswell gfx settings in game just default in menu and change settings in mp match .it aswell was a past bug ...some delete ini in documents
  • Redseptember87
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    CROOKEDest wrote: »
    GUYS just use inspector and use sli bits 0x081902F5 everthing works fine even taa .i use sli gtx 970's ,banging over 100 fps.Had to use in past with that fall patch :smile: aswell gfx settings in game just default in menu and change settings in mp match .it aswell was a past bug ...some delete ini in documents

Thank you very much for this. I can confirm SLI works great with these and TAA is also functioning as it should.
  • KingCapning
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Thank you very much for this. I can confirm SLI works great with these and TAA is also functioning as it should.

So does it get rid of the flickering and grainy texture, like it looks like everything is a mirage
  • Z-z_-OMA-_z-Z
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nvidia driver 378.92 release today is online
  • Onkelbloody

So does it get rid of the flickering and grainy texture, like it looks like everything is a mirage

No..just testet that profil....texture are still broken, flickering is there on some textures...don t know also in the menu ?
    I stopped using that profil...because there is a massiv FPS breakdown when using this. Feels like 25FPS or somethine.
    Don t use this...doesn´t make sense