Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Ohh! So that's why people use scout infantry !

mav_smileyface
782 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Scout infantry... plus aim assist snap to target really does make the class the new easy mode! I

always though scout infantrymen were the bad dogs of the game proper roughneck bad ****, turns out.. I was wrong! It's quite simply the easiest class to play!

It all makes perfect sense MH a skill cannon? Please.. OHK with snap to enabled renders the gun the complete opposite

My eyes have suddenly been opened!

In relation to console

Comments

• Jedi76
    672 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Rumbled!
  • mav_smileyface
    782 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I gave the smle marksman and infantry a go, I found the infantry far and away easier to use all I did was aim in a very general way just enough to snap on

All you do is spam LT then RT rinse and repeat
  • Dogwoggle11
    965 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    And you've discovered this just now?
  • Pac_BF
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi OP.

I think it is not easy like this. Because I disabled it in my PS4.

But I will give it a try.
  • Jedi76
    672 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It certainly isn't doing you any favours OP... 1 kpm and 34% accuracy

may I recommend to actually try aiming lol

He said his eyes have suddenly been opened IE: just discovered it...

His stats ain't gonna fly up overnight.
  • EmothicVH
    652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I disable the aim assist on my XboxOne. I found it to be more of a more troublesome then helpful.
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    By suddenly discovered, he means came across a YouTube video whining about it. It's certainly exploitable, but DICE is too busy doing more important things like giving us magic auto regen grenades.

It's not as easy to abuse as the videos make it look, but it's definitely doable.
  • okachuka
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Pretty much everything have been made very easy to do in this game and the strong aim assist is a bit too much. If anything needs a Big nerf, its the aa
  • realistalive
    506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Jedi76 wrote: »
    It certainly isn't doing you any favours OP... 1 kpm and 34% accuracy

may I recommend to actually try aiming lol

He said his eyes have suddenly been opened IE: just discovered it...

His stats ain't gonna fly up overnight.

yeah, they're going to plummet downwards in a graveyard spiral if he keeps that up..
    I don't think he can voice his opinion in the first place when he's gotten like 50 kills with the damn thing..
  • JohnMatrix666
    943 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    EmothicVH wrote: »
    I disable the aim assist on my XboxOne. I found it to be more of a more troublesome then helpful.

Did this on PS4 too. It can be exploited in some scenarios but multiple targets popping up in the same place causes the snap on assist bounce all over the place at random just as you're about to take an aimed shot which then causes you to miss entirely.
  • Bossman1794
    781 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I disagree that it's the easiest otherwise we'd have no end to the amount of Sniper Gods out there, but the reality is that we don't so there mus be something stopping them.

It's risk-reward because in CQB you're in a tight spot compared to those spray weapons that the Support and Assault has and the Medic rifles are pretty darn good at picking apart Scouts at a distance.
    Like everything it depends on the player but I certainly would be hesitant to say they're the best.
  • xLGxKillSwitch
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Scout infantry... plus aim assist snap to target really does make the class the new easy mode! I

always though scout infantrymen were the bad dogs of the game proper roughneck bad ****, turns out.. I was wrong! It's quite simply the easiest class to play!

It all makes perfect sense MH a skill cannon? Please.. OHK with snap to enabled renders the gun the complete opposite

In relation to console

Snipers are the easiest class to kill with thats well known. Plus the weapon is often a 1 shot kill weapon. I hate snipers personally for that. And, they often the reason you lose matches because they hang back and don't go for the objectives.

Assault class players get in there for the team and they take the hits (deaths) to try win.
  • JohnMatrix666
    943 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 20

In relation to console

Snipers are the easiest class to kill with thats well known. Plus the weapon is often a 1 shot kill weapon. I hate snipers personally for that. And, they often the reason you lose matches because they hang back and don't go for the objectives.

Assault class players get in there for the team and they take the hits (deaths) to try win.

That's a very simplistic and naive way of putting it. The snipers don't cause you to lose as losing is a team effort. They also can't OHK you if they're hanging back since you getting sweet spot killed by them means that they're 30-150 meters away depending on the gun they're using. Stop blaming a class some people enjoy playing as for your own shortcomings.

Also, being an assault main doesn't make you an MVP by default. In fact, below average assaults players are some of the worst teammates you can have in this game.
  • SaintBrandon88
    1226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I prefer aiming for myself and do find it cheap when people abuse the system. Believe me, it can be heavily abused, as I've tested it and been on the bad side of it plenty.
  • Captain_DarIing
    1155 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm a PC player, and I just dont understand why aim-assist is even a thing for the console versions.
  • SaintBrandon88
    1226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm a PC player, and I just dont understand why aim-assist is even a thing for the console versions.

To me, it's not even the "assist" that's the problem. It's much harder to be accurate using joysticks. Slowdown assist is great. It doesn't really alter your aim, just slows down a little when you get on target. The auto-rotation, however, is another story. It jerks your aim to nearby targets. While it's not perfect, and shouldn't be, it's still good enough that people can abuse the heck out of it with shotguns and infantry rifles. While playing with it on briefly, I also noticed that it can reveal the position of nearby enemeis. For example, on Amiens there was a guy at my home flag (A). Everyone ran off thinking the area was clear. I did, too, until my aim pulled toward one of those destroyed walls, thus letting me know he was there. It just feels way too cheap.
  • Dogwoggle11
    965 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Exactly, because you are a PC player.
    In a FPS game, the controller is much (MUCH) slower than MnK and far less accurate as well. Getting rid of aim assist would lead to very frustrated players who can't shoot a thing.

Aim assist is necessary for many console players, the problem is that in BF1 is stronger than in previous games.