Argument For Ammo 2.0

Comments

• ThePunisher_be
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 20
    Sure, that makes a handful of people complaining. However, it doesn't corroborate what I saw in-game.

On Strike at Karkand, you drowned in pouches in the little allyways. That was my experience, which is just as valid to base my opinions upon.

• aseveredfoot
    1981 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I am helpful as support, not only because I chase people down and force feed them ammo, but also because I can go 30-10 with the Benet Mercie and ADS people from 150m and I have way too much fun doing it. There's no way I'd switch to another class just because of ammo 2.0. LMGs are just too good to pass up.

Besides, the biggest reason to resupply people is not to give them more ammo for their primaries, it's to keep the scouts supplied with flares for spotting, and the assault guys with AT rocket rounds to help with tanks. It's the gadgets that are vital.
  • badsitrep
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 20
    Sure, that makes a handful of people complaining. However, it doesn't corroborate what I saw in-game.

On Strike at Karkand, you drowned in pouches in the little allyways. That was my experience, which is just as valid to base my opinions upon.

Well, count your experience among everyone else's. You may have been lucky with the crates or crate distribution was as widespread as you say so. This is why things like statistics exist. To make sure things are a pattern, and aren't just one off things.

Also check the new CTE patch notes and tell me your thoughts on ammo 2.0 now.
  • theONEFORCE
    1468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Support should have one slot hardwired for Ammo. On a side note, all medics should have syringes hardwired as well.
  • garrett2jz
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ammo 2.0 ruined this game... among many other things
  • x_Undaunted_x
    2543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    So to make supports more useful, they're going to make ammo and nades respawn magically without the need of a support...and supports will make it go faster?

You can't complain about bad supports if your ammo & nades regen...

This x 1000.
  • Parasiten79
    537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm positive to this, mainly because of the timer counts over your death. It is to easy to keep a squad spamming nades without a support just because everyone always spawn in fully equipped. The support will be critical to load people up before engagements now. No one is gonna sit 49 seconds waiting for a frag before PTO. This is where support will do its job now, before the fight not after its settled.
    I like it, a squad will require a support to stay loaded just as much as we need medics to keep us going.
    Timers are due to change, I can see them even longer as long as the count is ticking even when dead. Squads gonna need ammo before going in, even if just respawned. Genius
  • ZOMBIE_BAIT_368
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    More compensating for a trash playerbase? If pressing the over button on the D pad to throw down a crate of ammo is too much effort for the average player with his brain "turned off", then we have truly hit rock bottom lads.

• herodes87
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just implement the BF2-system again: no ammo nor health regeneration if the player doesn't have acces to a pouch/crate. Players will learn the need for medics and supports the hard way.

There were no problems in BF2. Maybe they should even add stationary ammo and health dumps like in BF1942 and BFV.

My Word! Learn to play BF and don't make it to COD (Scavenger perk). Special that increasing waiting time after you got killed is stupid. You will see people more camping because they don't want to die anymore.
  • herodes87
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well and that with the auto heal and no one play Medic is stupid. I mean to compare with the support class and Ammo 2.0 right now.

Most people play the medic class because of the guns (assault rifles in BF3/4/H) and they can heal themselves faster. You know most of the time a medic just puts a medipack on the ground if HE is wounded not someone else.

And remove the M1907 Sweeper from the class and you will see less players with the medic class.
  • bran1986
    2848 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The initial reactions from the two groups I played with were pretty positive, but it's early and more testing obviously needs to be done, but if you have supports dropping crates nothing really changes, if not you might be waiting a bit for a grenade it seems.
  • Creasie
    1105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 21
    Just implement the BF2-system again: no ammo nor health regeneration if the player doesn't have acces to a pouch/crate. Players will learn the need for medics and supports the hard way.

There were no problems in BF2. Maybe they should even add stationary ammo and health dumps like in BF1942 and BFV.

And then people will constantly be frustrated because the vast majority doesn't drop health or ammo pouches/crates. And people will be cowering in ditches and corners even more because they are not regenerating health while their teammates are dying. We will have the forum filled with people complaining about others not dropping health/ammo and about hillhumping campers. That's together with complaints about vehicles the top 3 causes of salt. Yeah, let's not improve that ****. No problems? Right.

This system also allows them to tweak grenade spam and other things much easier and more accurately than any suggestion anyone can come up with here. Things like just increasing resupply time on grenades isn't going to work because it would make gameplay frustrating, nobody wants to wait at an ammo crate for 40 seconds. It would make the support class less useful and that will in turn ruin gameplay for other classes as well.
  • flossinOn24z
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 21
    Dice please listen to your community and trash this stupid ammo 2.0 idea. I beg you!
  • Parasiten79
    537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dice please listen to your community and trash this stupid ammo 2.0 idea. I beg you!

It is a great idea and with tuning it will affect core game play a lot. To the better
  • x_Undaunted_x
    2543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

It is a great idea and with tuning it will affect core game play a lot. To the better

No it won't. /thread
  • SmileAsTheyDie
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Its a pointless convoluted solution to a problem. The problem was ammo pouches could resupply grenades far to quickly which enabled the ability to spam quite a few grenades.

What they should have done is nerfed the grenade resupply time of pouches to what the current auto-regen values are and make suppression affect ammo resupply. Fix the main thing enabling grenade spam and make the inevitable grenade spam at chokepoints slightly less
  • Parasiten79

Its a pointless convoluted solution to a problem. The problem was ammo pouches could resupply grenades far to quickly which enabled the ability to spam quite a few grenades.

What they should have done is nerfed the grenade resupply time of pouches to what the current auto-regen values are and make suppression affect ammo resupply. Fix the main thing enabling grenade spam and make the inevitable grenade spam at chokepoints slightly less

That is not the only problem. One major problem is squad mates spawning on each other at chokepoints with full ammo. It's way to easy to keep one mate a live and spawn for fresh assaults in with full load out. Never ending spam.

With this solution you're squad needs a support to load you up before you can continue your spamming.
    Ever played fort de vaux on operations? The nade spamming comes almost entirely from soldiers spawning in, not from people who waited for auto regeneration.
  • Monichainchanhi
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Levelcap: " we need to cut grenade usage down to 50% then go from there "

353368i.jpg