Anyone else like the new weapon unlock challenges ?

Comments

• b0sk1
    112 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I really enjoy the challenges, and I think it mixes up the game.

I guess I'm the only one who enjoyed the MP-18 challenge lol. But I love that gun so I didn't find it that hard.
  • Xiox312
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I got me to use guns and a class that I never really use, forcing me to change the way I play, which was nice. I enjoyed the challenges, made the game a bit more interesting to play with a clear personal objective. However, I did find having the use the Automatico kinda frustrating, by far my least favourite gun in the game, can barely hit anything with it lol.
  • Khal_Fraggo
    437 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It forced me to use some guns I don't normally use, and it didn't take THAT long. I really don't see what all the complaining is about.

But I do hope that DICE doesn't make future assignments more detailed, weird, and/or map-dependent. BF4 had some really annoying unlock assignments.
  • DaMutha1
    747 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yes, the GOL Magnum remains my nemesis to this day
  • captinsmooth
    1782 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 20
    Ok now I'm angry! Been struggling with the 8.35 challenge. Just started to get the hang of the gun on fort de vaux. I had 10 kills with it already in the round and still had a half a round left, so I would of completed it. But I got disconnected from the sever! Raw!
  • JohnMatrix666
    1234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It forced me to use some guns I don't normally use, and it didn't take THAT long. I really don't see what all the complaining is about.

But I do hope that DICE doesn't make future assignments more detailed, weird, and/or map-dependent. BF4 had some really annoying unlock assignments.

The problem is that some of them, namely the X number of kills with a particular gun/gadget,l ones, are still too specific and having multiple people going for them at the same time is actually quite detrimental to the gameplay. I've had multiple rounds that have just felt sluggish because people seem to be preoccupied with the assignments.

They aren't as bad as the BF4 ones but they should really think about ditching the idea of forcing specific weapons and gadgets on people and focus on team support actions/making the kill requirements less tied to a certain weapon variant.
  • munkt0r
    2318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I enjoy them personally.

I've completed both for support so far, but i've only had a couple of hours with the new DLC. Medic & assault next. Not looking forward to headshots with MP-18 though haha.
  • theONEFORCE
    1468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The Mp18 optical is a challenge to get heads shots with, I think I'll have a service star or 2 before I get 20 heads shots.

When I was completing the challenge I finished a Frontlines match with 76 kills and only 9 were head shots. I'm weird and like using the MP18 optical anyway so I wasn't as annoyed as some of my friends but it was still a bit difficult to get those head shot finishers.
  • -Zetex2000-
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The Mp18 optical is a challenge to get heads shots with, I think I'll have a service star or 2 before I get 20 heads shots.

When I was completing the challenge I finished a Frontlines match with 76 kills and only 9 were head shots. I'm weird and like using the MP18 optical anyway so I wasn't as annoyed as some of my friends but it was still a bit difficult to get those head shot finishers.

i dont know why people struggle so hard with that. Im definitely not belonging to the elite of the community but i made the 20 headshots in 2 rounds(8 in a domination and 12 in a frontlines game)
  • scorpionshahan
    337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm ok with it, but still want the option to unlock with warbonds I have +2000 warbonds
  • Vindbryte-LKPG
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DaMutha1 wrote: »
    Yes, the GOL Magnum remains my nemesis to this day

Haha, I really hated unlocking the GOL. But I had fun though, using it to snipe people trying to unlock it.

For me most weapon unlocks pales in comparison to unlocking the Phantom bow and the stupid hunt for little packages...
  • captinsmooth
    1782 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm ok with it, but still want the option to unlock with warbonds I have +2000 warbonds

You should of only had enough warbonds to unlock all the previous content.
  • Noodlesocks
    627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't like them. Why create a warbonds and class leveling system if they're not going to be used?
  • JediScum81
    1433 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    At first I didn't realise they added this feature back for BF1, I just wondered why I was getting done by so many shotguns lol
  • cammoses003
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i didn't really like nor dislike them - i feel like they're way too easy to the point that I'm wondering why even have them to unlock paid content in the first place? i like the idea of challenges in the game finally, but those were just kinda annoying, not because of difficulty
  • Phoenux289
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't understant people ocmplaining about the MP18 challenge? I played one game with maybe 25 kills and got 6 headshots. It's not that bad?
  • StalHamarr
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I actually don't hate them.
    I don't feel obliged to rush them asap, so I do them when I want to try something different.

I like how they force me out of my comfort zone.
    I decided to unlock the lebel sniper today, even if I don't plan to use it anytime soon. Requirement: 5 headshots in a round with the russian sniper. I didn't fire a single shot with any sniper variant of any rifle before the assignment, so I'm not used to play with a bright neon shining on my face. Got two terrible rounds with it (almost last in score with barely positive kd), then I tried it in a frontline match on Verdun. Went 34-5, completed the assignment and I actually enjoyed using it. So the assignment made me try a new (for me) playstyle.

I also realized the periscope is a pretty decent gadget.

Got both Chauchat versions, the shotgun and the sniper so far.

• robmcewen
    1693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 20
    Just finished last primary weapon one now. the one for the Sjögren Inertial Factory shotgun and I didn't like the model a-10 slug seems really slow firing, Sarah Connor fired her shotgun faster and she had been stabbed in the shoulder by the T-1000. It doesn't seem to be that good at close range or mid range. I should just git gud. the Sjögren Inertial Factory itself I've only had one game using its seems worth putting up with the model a-10 slug to unlock the gun

The challenge to get the Ribeyrolles 1918 Factory, 20 headshots with the MP-18 optical took some time and I think went up more than a few stars but got there. The Ribeyrolles 1918 Factory I'm still getting the hang off the best way to use it

Found the 5 headshots with the Russian 1895 sniper rifle was boring to get the Lebel Model 1886 sniper how do people put up with that play style, each to their own. Probably will not us it as I like the carbine and infantry rifles It was my first time using the trench scope

The Lebel Model 1886 Infantry challenge was fun as I really like the Gewehr M.95 Infantry and I'm alway using the flare gun. can see the rifle being good on some of the more open maps but maybe not Amiens. but it has a lovely note to it

RSC 1917 Factory unlocked fast using the M1907 SL Sweeper to get 50 kills didn't take that long and I always run with the health pack and syringe

RSC 1917 Optical challenge rest itself which was pain as the Autoloading 8 .35 Factory is not one of my favorite guns and will probably not bother with it again as for both the variants they are a good rifles and I am going enjoy them because I've got a feeling that the cry for a nerf won't take long.

Chauchat Low Weight is one of my new favourite gun and the first to complete and not much of a challenge as I don't mind the lewis gun and I'm very generous with the ammo.

Chauchat Optical first half with the mortar was pain kept getting hit markers with it but got there, second half wasn't much of a challenge as I love the M1909 Benét–Mercié Optical

I think for the next set off challenges need to be a bit more of a challenge but nothing too obscure so people are still playing the objectives, maybe link them to defending and capturing objectives
  • xxSTAINSxx
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    do the challenges have to be completed on the new DLC maps or can ya do them on base game maps also?
  • robmcewen
    1693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    xxSTAINSxx wrote: »
    do the challenges have to be completed on the new DLC maps or can ya do them on base game maps also?

Any maps I think but make sure you use the right variants, I wasted a game's worth of kills with the wrong lewis gun variant
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!