Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

A little understanding...

2»

Comments

• Matty101yttam
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 20
    EmothicVH wrote: »
    scouts fine in close, the 1 shot kill for quickscopers makes it as usefull as a shotgun, and the pistols are as deadly as regular weapons, i go about 30-40 kills 10-15 deaths while capping flags even without decent medics.

Yes, for Hardcore. In any other match that doesn't have the Hardcore mechanic of reduce player health you can't one shot kill with a sniper up close unless you hit them in the head. Pistols are fine, but they cannot really outgun many of the primary rifles a soldier has. And with their limited ammo capacity you may get one or two kills before you have to reload.

I dont play hardcore, quickscopers can cqb just fine in this game.
  • GRIZZ11283
    1662 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 20
    I played the other classes recently to unlock the guns.

As a support player mainly, I now get some of the frustrations people have, especially playing medic.
    People are to quick to skip, I'm not one to get even the slightest bit of rage, but going for the revives did give me a bit of rage, which in turn throws me of my game.
    Also the guys that let you get right next to them, then skip, that's so annoying.
    I blame all you guys that don't revive but carry the syringe :wink:

The assault class is very good at what its meant for, close quarters, any other distance, it just doesn't work for me.

The aggressive scout.
    You guys that play this, kudos to you.
    I'm not the greatest aggressive scout in any stretch of the imagination, I found it quite difficult going from capture point to capture point and feel confident in the gun.
    I was probably playing it wrong, but just found myself staying off the capture points as I had no confidence in the guns ability at closer ranges.
    I did use the flare to help the team, but my kills were mostly me shooting at the enemy as they approached the objective.

All in all, I'll stick with support :smile:
  • EmothicVH
    562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    scouts fine in close, the 1 shot kill for quickscopers makes it as usefull as a shotgun, and the pistols are as deadly as regular weapons, i go about 30-40 kills 10-15 deaths while capping flags even without decent medics.

Yes, for Hardcore. In any other match that doesn't have the Hardcore mechanic of reduce player health you can't one shot kill with a sniper up close unless you hit them in the head. Pistols are fine, but they cannot really outgun many of the primary rifles a soldier has. And with their limited ammo capacity you may get one or two kills before you have to reload.

I dont play hardcore, quickscopers can cqb just fine in this game.

Quickscope like it's call of duty then. Very few others are going to do that in a Battlefield game, even more so on this Battlefield game.
  • Matty101yttam
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    so if i look up "quickscope bf1" on youtube...i'm not really going to find much then hey?
    the faster bullet velocity means sniping is pretty much back to bc2 standards which was good for quickscoping and drag shooting
  • EmothicVH
    562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    so if i look up "quickscope bf1" on youtube...i'm not really going to find much then hey?
    the faster bullet velocity means sniping is pretty much back to bc2 standards which was good for quickscoping and drag shooting

Very few people are going to do it because the majority of the community is already conditioned around the tactic of sniping at a distance. Player started doing this since pretty much BC2, as well from BF3, and with equiplment that made it much easier to snipe at longer ranges in BF4. So with the community use to sniping at long distance from the past 2 to 3 games, of which is about 6 years worth of gameplay, they are not really going to charge into the object and "quickscope".
  • disposalist
    4013 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I agree, OP. Not only that but people are really missing out not trying all the classes and weapons. Also, not just from the point-of-view of understanding your team mates, but the old 'know your enemy' theory.

Yesterday I mentioned in game that this 100 Service Star pilot appeared to do nothing else. I suggested he was missing out. He freaked out and treated my comment as a toxic flame. I guess I was being somewhat critical - I did say it was 'sad' - but I meant just playing pilot and waiting for planes to spawn when not flying is a bit sad.

He was a great pilot and of course people can play how they want, but *shrug* it is a bit sad when people don't vary more.
  • EmothicVH
    I agree, OP. Not only that but people are really missing out not trying all the classes and weapons. Also, not just from the point-of-view of understanding your team mates, but the old 'know your enemy' theory.

Yesterday I mentioned in game that this 100 Service Star pilot appeared to do nothing else. I suggested he was missing out. He freaked out and treated my comment as a toxic flame. I guess I was being somewhat critical - I did say it was 'sad' - but I meant just playing pilot and waiting for planes to spawn when not flying is a bit sad.

He was a great pilot and of course people can play how they want, but *shrug* it is a bit sad when people don't vary more.

Why would you? If your good at something why go do something that you are bad at?
  • OP_Crutchmobile
    547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    try playing the repair guy

You can't play something that don't exist.

Playing the ''spam mg like an idiot, and run away on the first hit guy''.....now that's a different story.
    Also try playing the ''steal the tank, while the driver is repairing himself guy''....those are plentyfull.
  • JacobtheSmartGuy
    810 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/zhp11/video/28514374
    This is why i use the repair tool
  • planetmatt
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    the support can equip a repair tool too

Well that's a complete waste of a gadget slot.

Not really, you can repair tool damage tanks and behemoths and unlike the Limpets, you don't run out of ammo.
  • EmothicVH
    planetmatt wrote: »

Not really, you can repair tool damage tanks and behemoths and unlike the Limpets, you don't run out of ammo.

You can repair behemoths? I though they couldn't be repaired, if they can then I might use the repair tool in the instances that are active on my team. But as far as I'm aware you can't repair them.
  • JacobtheSmartGuy
    810 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    planetmatt wrote: »

You can repair behemoths? I though they couldn't be repaired, if they can then I might use the repair tool in the instances that are active on my team. But as far as I'm aware you can't repair them.

Repair tool cannot damage nor repair behemoths
  • disposalist
    4013 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Why would you? If your good at something why go do something that you are bad at?
    To improve? To experience variety? To have a challenge? To gain wider knowledge and understand? How many reasons do you want?
  • EmothicVH
    To improve? To experience variety? To have a challenge? To gain wider knowledge and understand? How many reasons do you want?

Why not just keep improving the current playstyle your are playing? What if the individual doesn't want to have a challenge and rather play causually with what they're already good at? You can also gain more intell of the game by Reading forums, Youtube videos, and past Battlefield Mechanic Experiances. As many reasons as you can think of that would persuade me to see your side of your opinon.
  • kaliyl777
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think its important for every player to try out each class and use the class gadgets. It will lead to a better understanding and appreciation of that class and also better overall teamwork.

If you actually try the revive medic role, you will understand why a player can't always get to you. You will be in situations when you want to get someone, but only have 10 hp yourself. You will experience trying to get someone and then a few enemies appear, making you abandon the effort or running for cover. You might start prioritizing your own squadmates over other team members and now that explains why a medic could be close to you, then further away and back again. Or maybe you were on the other side of a structure and they had to go the long way around. You will learn when to skip and when not to skip. There is so much more you can takeaway by just trying it out yourself.

If you main tanker, try playing the repair guy. If you main support, try playing the PTFO scout. Teamwork is so OP.

Their testing a new medic alert in the CTE now where a medic can alert a dead player that they are coming for them.