Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Where do you draw the line on so called hackers KDR?

research-kitchen
84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I'm not talking in a tank or plane, for me it's somewhere around a 4 KDR.

Comments

• St0n3ymontana
    1330 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You can't judge it based on KD. In all honesty the majority of your crappy players that cheat usually don't break a 1kdr.
  • Matty101yttam
    414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't go by kdr, theres a feeling you get when you get headshot the second you step out of cover.

And i'm not talkin step out and have a quick look...i mean step-dead.

The other types of hacks there is also no line since esp/wallhacks only enhances the players ability, players can still play badly with hacks and go unnoticed
  • xenome111
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I sometimes get 5 kdr while playing infantry so do u think I'm a hacker.I can't judge a player by kdr but can judge by abnormally behaviour for example a medic using a trench raider mace killing everyone in giant shadow map in tdm.Here the point is not that he is using the trench raider kit as a medic (because u can do that if u find a trench raider swap his kit with another and u can pick his kit up) but he is using on giant shadow map in tdm where only the villar persosa spawns.
  • moribuntarou
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's not only about K/D, but the weapon you used to achieve the K/D and the play style.
    People hip firing LMGs and get K/D of 100/5 with extremely high accuracy or head shot ratio is very likely cheating.
    Some snipers can get very high K/D without cheating. Sometimes it's difficult to distinguish whether snipers are cheating.
  • xX-ALeIaQ-Xx
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    KDr is not the right meter to catch an Cheater. In Fact 80% of Hackusations starts looking the K/D. It's Wrong.
    You have to make a distinguish between the Cheater noob and the Cheater pro.

A cheater noob is a blatant cheater. They using wallhack and aimbot to the max setting , when is not fairfight to ban this cheaters , they in game looks as a starlight in the scoreboard.

A cheater pro is a cheater, already banned maybe, that read the cheater forum so make their cheating playstyle less detectable, for example just using ESP and not aimbot. This players look in game as a good player.

A good player can get the same or a better KD of a cheater, so generally the KDr is not a stat that can be used to catch a cheater, not alone. You have to do a summary from Accuracy and KPM ecc ecc. But IMHO the stats also is not the better way to catch a cheater and certainly not in a single round. This is +or- the stuff of FairFight based on multiples rnd, a fail.

In my mind, hackusation starts when :
    - Someone kills me very quickly. For example when i feel that all bullets hits to my body, really quickly, and not as usually does.
    - Someone is instakilling me with 1 shoot.
    - Someone kills me flying as a bird
    - wallhack
    - impossible things

But only spectating him you can understand if is cheating or not (waste of time of course).....so the only way to catch a cheater is implementing a Client Side Anticheat system.
  • VESPA5
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 20
    The cheating/hacking has gone so viral since the Alpha (that and EA really hasn't done much to counter this stuff) that you don't even have to do much to even catch the culprits in the act anymore. I've only spectated suspicious players about a dozen times and of those dozen times 7-8 were blatantly using wallhacks. Wallhacks don't make you invulnerable but you can spot a flank or enemy through everything. The sad thing is even if you capture the evidence via ShadowPlay or whatever you use and provide it to EA/DICE, don't be surprised if you STILL see that culprit playing in some of your favorite servers. It was like this in Battlefront and they sure as hell aren't doing a thing about it in Battlefield 1. I've come across more hax/cheats in BF1 in a week than I ever have in BF4 in almost 2yrs of playing that game. That says a lot about BF1 for me in regards to dealing with 'fair' players
  • OP_Crutchmobile
    563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    5,921 or maybe 4,878...not entirely sure.
  • Denisa_Rowen
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    when the vast majority on players on Argonne map (for example) in one mach have something like 30 kills, and then you have the guy with 55-6, it makes you wonder.....about "things".
  • J-Physics
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think its sad to see players who think they "know" things when in fact they know nothing. Achieving a K/D of 4 or more is no feat for regular players who play infantry, nor is it suspicious.
    Bad latency can also cause one hit and bullet grouping effects, there is more to it to determine the likelihood of someone cheating, and spectator mode is a very misleading view alone.
  • OP_Crutchmobile
    563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Achieving a K/D of 4 or more is no feat for regular players who play infantry,

No feat at all, considering the average KD (in the entire game) barely breaks even @ 1.
  • xX-ALeIaQ-Xx
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 20
    J-Physics wrote: »
    I think its sad to see players who think they "know" things when in fact they know nothing. Achieving a K/D of 4 or more is no feat for regular players who play infantry, nor is it suspicious.
    Bad latency can also cause one hit and bullet grouping effects, there is more to it to determine the likelihood of someone cheating, and spectator mode is a very misleading view alone.

you're right , bit arrogant but right. Sometimes ( but remarks SOME) and not all the times, many factors can cause, in game, certain situations where a player can start to think "Nooooo! Fughin cheater!!! He kill me with a single shot" , when in the real is an effect of compensation of network that the game steadily does in multiplayer. But sometimes and not all times by the same player. Indeed those are the same reasons that are used by the cheaters ;)
  • johnojohnson
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If i get shot no big issue but if I get killed by a SMG from 5 times its range where with naked eye you're just a dot and with a single shot , yes definitely something a miss there , a lot you cant pick but the ones where a sniper pulls out an Automatico as a side arm there is no disputing , I am not sold on the fact that the game is infested with cheats but there could it could be something to do with the game itself , I have played every BF game and none have been like this so either there was a huge sale on cheats or EA have change the mechanics of the game so much it is unrecognizable for veterans , add in the aim assist for controller then there is a lot to consider
  • LOLGotYerTags
    5649 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Moderator
    when the vast majority on players on Argonne map (for example) in one mach have something like 30 kills, and then you have the guy with 55-6, it makes you wonder.....about "things".

idk.. Even 55-6 is reasonably achievable on Argonne.

Plus you have to take into account, Are they being killed and then revived thus removing the extra death from his stat?

I would be more concerned if everybody were at around 30 kills and then you have one guy going 90-0 and above.
  • xenome111
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

idk.. Even 55-6 is reasonably achievable on Argonne.

Plus you have to take into account, Are they being killed and then revived thus removing the extra death from his stat?

I would be more concerned if everybody were at around 30 kills and then you have one guy going 90-0 and above.

Lol I can do it just farm kills using the field gun on the map. B)
  • Ticket_CoIIector
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 20
    Not all at all by KD. Unless he gets like over 200 kills on one map without being a bomber. In my experience, most cheaters have average KD ratios.
  • Denisa_Rowen
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not all at all by KD. Unless he gets like over 200 kills on one map without being a bomber. In my experience, most cheaters have average KD ratios.

that support didnt droped you ammo on Argonne, why?
    I was spectating you btw...
  • BaronVonMidnight
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 21
    I'm not talking in a tank or plane, for me it's somewhere around a 4 KDR.

Around 4 (infantry only) is tip of the spear stuff for sure but.... there is and always will be the exception.

• St0n3ymontana
    1330 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Then why don't your stats reflect that if it's no feat?
  • research-kitchen
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You all brought up same great points that I left out in my OP. I was mainly talking about domination and some on frontlines. You know the kind you can never sneak up on, every bullit they shoot is a hit, they never have a bad game. I know there is a lot of variables like how many times did he get revived, was I spotted, does he hear me running next to him.
  • J-Physics
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 21
    FuhQnDie wrote: »

Then why don't your stats reflect that if it's no feat?

My general stats are just that. You're welcome to join our squad at any time and you can see the false accusations for yourself.