Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Frontline 64 player maps?

eypmvho6tm49
13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
is frontline limited to 32 players?
or are there 64 player maps too?
if yes pls tell me the name of the map.

thx very much

Comments

• Festafa
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There was 1 server on PC, but it seemed to be removed or replaced. I just hate 32 player servers.
  • EmothicVH
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sadly there are no 64 player servers of Frontlines, only 32 player servers. Though I too wish there were 64 players severs of the gametype.
  • luke3026
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Whoa, 64 players all clustered on a single flag at a time? That sounds like one major fustercluck.
  • Private_UMPalot
    2312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Grenades for days.

It runs much smoother with lesser players on PS4 at least, than 64 man conquest.
  • kaliyl777
    865 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't know if it would be possible, I just got through a 3 hour game last night. Man Soissons looked like St quinten scar when we were done. I cant imagine what it would be like with 64.
  • Khal_Fraggo
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No, there aren't. And I don't think there should be.

In general, I like large games, but the "only one objective at a time" aspect of Frontlines makes it a huge meat grinder with only 32 players. It would be nearly unplayable with 64.

Tangentially, I think the 2-tanks-per-side system on some maps is too many for so few players. A 32-player game should have ONE tank per side max.
  • DaMutha1
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The tanks on Soissons are ridiculous. Guy was sitting way up at the top of the exposed hill in a landship the whole frigging match. Pretty much impossible to get near him with anything.

I agree that more than 16 is probably not a great idea, but having so few does also lead to huge imbalance if one team has just a handful of exceptional players.
  • xLGxKillSwitch
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    64 players would be awesome lets go.
  • disposalist
    2538 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    luke3026 wrote: »
    Whoa, 64 players all clustered on a single flag at a time? That sounds like one major fustercluck.
    True, but currently, you get 4 players not ptfo and lose.
  • DaMutha1
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm hoping I can do a little better now that I don't have to run the Trench Gun Hunter the whole time trying to get those stupid 15 kills.
  • jjsf24
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Uhm no. As is its a giant cluster and games take forever. I dont wanna imagine it as 64 player
  • EmothicVH
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Its funny how I read some comments on here where players are saying "No, 64 player will be a big cluster--". The OP never said he wanted to remove or replace the 32 player server for a 64 player one, nor has anynone said so in this thread. We said that we would lilke to have some 64 player servers. So that means there will be 32 player and 64 player servers of Frontline iln the matchmaker. So this whole argument about how bad a 64 player server is kinda pointless. Becuase you would stilll have the option to play in the 32 player servers.

• kaliyl777
    865 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    EmothicVH wrote: »
    Its funny how I read some comments on here where players are saying "No, 64 player will be a big cluster--". The OP never said he wanted to remove or replace the 32 player server for a 64 player one, nor has anynone said so in this thread. We said that we would lilke to have some 64 player servers. So that means there will be 32 player and 64 player servers of Frontline iln the matchmaker. So this whole argument about how bad a 64 player server is kinda pointless. Becuase you would stilll have the option to play in the 32 player servers.

This is true.
  • Private_UMPalot
    2312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah, but divide the small Frontline player base till it dies. Or have empty 64 man servers.
  • trip1ex
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    64 players defeats the purpose of the mode. In BF4 I saw that people have perverse need to overload side modes with 64layers but all it does is turn every mode into the same mode. There becomes so many people that nothing gets done and you basically can only play deathmatch.
  • BaconRebellion
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Idk if I would enjoy 64 player Frontlines. It's already quite hectic especially at the mcomm stations that having 32 per side, it would be almost impossible to arm any of the objectives. The stations would just be a big meat grinder.

I think 32 is perfect but I think dice should, at least for this mode, reduce the squad size to 4. Played earlier and my team had 3 full squads and i was by myself in a squad.