Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Complete lack of Medics.....

BGHFlakjacket
798 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I have noticed a trend in Conquest. Very few people run medic. Although a good squad always has one, the revive rate is really low. Medics no longer want to leave cover to revive and why should they? Unless it is a squadmate, most people go straight to deploy on the larger maps. Even the medic rifle is not good on most maps that are close quarters and fail at range on the larger maps. They cannot compete with the OHK of the Recon class, most have no optics, and some are just horrid at range.
Yesterday in about 20 conquest games the average amount of Medics in Conquest was 5. Assault and Recon made up the bulk of the teams with Medic and Supply really low.

Comments

• SodiumChlorideiy
    3406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I see dozens of medics all the time.
    But yeah assault and scout are the most played normally.
    The team with more medics normally wins anyways.
  • Sixclicks
    1377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 20
    The best you can really do is find a squad of other players to stick with and have one of you be the dedicated medic. You're never going to be able to get every random player to play whatever is best for the team.

That said, I usually see a decent number of medics in the game modes I play (mostly Domination, but sometimes Frontlines now). Although there are occasionally those games where there's almost none on the team. It's a good thing I generally only play when my squad is online nowadays since we've always got one dedicated healer.
  • SodiumChlorideiy
    3406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    The best you can really do is find a squad of other players to stick with and have one of you be the dedicated medic. You're never going to be able to get every random player to play whatever is best for the team.

That said, I usually see a decent number of medics in the game modes I play (mostly Domination, but sometimes Frontlines now). Although there are occasionally those games where there's almost none on the team. It's a good thing I generally only play when my squad is online nowadays since we've always got one dedicated healer.

Why use anything thats not the automatico in domination though? Maps are too small for SLRs and too open for shotguns.
  • jjsf24
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I used to revive people, but too many players would die, i run to revive and they press skip and spawn on me.....and sometimes i'd die trying to revive someone that skips anyway. Only game mode ill actually opt for the syringe instead of the rifle grenade now is frontlines because there players let me revive them.
  • SodiumChlorideiy
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    I guess we haven't ran into each other in CQ lol.

I'm one of those Medics, if you wait for me, I WILL get to you. I'll get set on fire, get shot, explosions next to me, if a patient is patient I will pick your a$$ up.

There have been some games recently where I can hardly put my syringe away. Its like a Flu-clinic up in here!

Nope, Im on PC for one.
  • doctorrocktor
    888 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've seen an increase in shotgun users,probably down to the dlc.i see plenty of medics xb1.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    798 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I played about 20 Conquest games yesterday. The only map that I could be reliably revived on was Argonne.....but that is easy mode. You get like 1000 points on Argonne just by throwing down med kits.
  • theONEFORCE
    993 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm top 4% in the world on Xbox and top 5% in the world on all platforms with 1472 revives. Says a lot about how bad most medics are.
  • ANGRYharold
    648 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Support really overtook Medics in popularity after they were buffed a bit a few months ago, at least on PC. It sucks too, because as much as I love playing Medic, I like to switch it up, but if no one else is going to run it, I don't have much of a choice.
  • Pac_BF
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 20
    Even the medic rifle is not good on most maps that are close quarters and fail at range on the larger maps. They cannot compete with the OHK of the Recon class, most have no optics, and some are just horrid at range.

Do not agree with this point here.
    I think I have died a lot to medics with their DMR like rifles in mid ranges like 40m to 80m.

I agree with other points.
  • Sixclicks
    1377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 20
    Sixclicks wrote: »

Why use anything thats not the automatico in domination though? Maps are too small for SLRs and too open for shotguns.

Because I don't want to be boring and use the Automatico more. I actually mostly use the Gewehr M.95 Infantry in Domination now. Sniping at close range against Automatico users provides a lot more challenge.

Medic rifles and shotguns are perfectly fine for Domination. In fact, I see about an equal amount of shotguns and Automaticos in Dom.
  • Private_UMPalot
    3341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They're all on the dlc maps.
  • StalHamarr
    248 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Oddly, I get matches with zero medics and matches with medics fighting over corpses to revive them. Very rarely something inbetween.

On frontlines I see quite a lot of them, on conquest it's less common.
  • ChickNFoot
    1627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Honestly buy premium and play DLC. The people their is worth the price alone.
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    OP, the drop you're seeing might be related to everyone trying to unlock the dlc guns.
  • Feed4u
    697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I love playing medic, I love the medic guns, they feel like DMRs to me!! I feel like I'm one of the few medic that looks around every few second to see if anyone is dead. On a side note I won't revive you if you died at some really **** spot which is dangerous as hell, or until I think it's safe. I think it is unwise to revive you, just to have you and me both dead after that.
  • ohnoshyguy
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I main medic on Xbox and can say this past couple weeks on conquest has been an Assault fest. Support takes second, followed by snipers. Medic is dead last.
  • anzac1915
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 20
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    I guess we haven't ran into each other in CQ lol.

I'm one of those Medics, if you wait for me, I WILL get to you. I'll get set on fire, get shot, explosions next to me, if a patient is patient I will pick your a$$ up.

There have been some games recently where I can hardly put my syringe away. Its like a Flu-clinic up in here!

I main Medic as well and do exactly the same. Need a healing pouch, I will come to you to give you one, just let me know. Dead, be patient and I will revive you, even when heavily under fire, I will risk my life to revive you. Multiple downed teammates, please be patient, I will revive the closest teammate first and work my way to you and the other teammates.
    Also, to other classes, if you see a Medic run into heavy gun fire in no mans land, please try to give them covering fire, so the Medic can do his job and revive a teammate (or revive more than one teammate), it would be better for the team and a win for the team.
    So, if you see me on the Medic list when you die, please do not skip, be patient and wait and I will try to revive you.
    I am on PC, Oceania.
  • JohnMatrix666
    943 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They're there. It's just that they rather carry rifle grenades instead of the syringe so they can get in on the unlimited grenade spam fest even more efficiently. Got sick of my team doing that today, switched sides and went on a t-bagging spree just to spite them. Some tryhard got so mad that he spammed my inbox with hatemail for an hour until he declared that he's not even going to waste his time on me. Despite just spamming me with angry messages for an hour.

Today was good day.