In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

CTE changes, (New Weapon Variants, Hellrigel, Martini Sniper, etc)

Comments

• trip1ex
    1226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 20
    don't care about the medic spotting. don't see the big deal. medics die half the time trying to revive anyway. if there is no firefight I generally get revived. if i'm out of ammo i don't want to be revived. Are players goign to take the time to spot 5 corpes before starting revives? Doubt it. Very low priority issue in my eyes.

REally why not just show us which medics actually revive alot and which don't.
  • bran1986
    2805 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    love the medic spotting feature.
  • ChickNFoot
    1627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    CTE servers are live with these changes.
  • ChickNFoot
    1627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The assignments for the weapons Check out @DANNYonPC's Tweet:
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    We'll see.

As a Medic who has never put down the syringe once, I'm more than glad to at least try. Hopefully some will slow down the skipping.

Perhaps there shouldn't be a cooldown to spotting downed teammates; like the cooldown to spotting enemies?

I put it down because of the skippers. I don't really see it worth it if like 10 Guys die around me in a bomber explosion, there's no further threat to them and only one guy will wait, while I might get another one or two if I'm lucky to go after them first. I equip it more often now because my friend who I play the game with is back and always wanting revives, but I really do just wish I had the Medical Crate or perhaps Rifle Grenades equipped a lot of the time because only a few guys are patient at all.

I dunno about the cooldown part, as I don't think the cooldown is the problem with spotting. It's just the failure of it to register you hitting it sometimes, or something like that. I definitely agree with you about the part that there should be no cooldown to "Medic spotting".
  • bran1986
    2805 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    going to give it a go after work.
  • crabman169
    9933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Patience is really starting to play off isn't it?

1906 marksman is gonna be op af; wait for the cry nerf threads on that one

Huot optical; ehh cool but honestly I found it kinda obstructive (basically like all the Lens ladder sights). It's in the campaign a few times if you want to get some familiarity with it (First one is in Over the Top just outside the Church in the right? Weapon crate)

Henry Martini sniper; better have its actual scope or I'll be really disappointed and it'll just look silly. Seems redundant really as it's not a long range rifle in game. This will just promote some scouts to hang 80ms back and abuse the head glitching (which they already are).

Hel defensive; maybe it's 120 round mag? Maybe have a bipod? That's the only thing that is bring to mind regarding Hel and defensive
  • ChickNFoot
    edited March 20
    Also the defensive variant is an extebded mag (on a already large mag of the Hellrigel) of 120 bullets and a bipod.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ChickNFoot wrote: »

I like the 300 Kills requirement to those. The Hellriegel Defensive sounds interesting, as if the Hellriegel having 60 Rounds to spray was annoying enough. xD

The Selbstlader 1906 Sniper requiring Rifle Grenades is kinda.. interesting. I'll get it just because, but I know a fair few people are annoyed at the Medics (like me, heh) who'd equip Rifle Grenades over Syringe, especially for that Medic medal.
  • BaconRebellion
    1714 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I don't like those assignments. I don't use the limpet charges so that's gonna be difficult and I hate using the martini Henry so I doubt I'll get 300 kills with it.
  • HardAimedKid
    10101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just kind of wish the martini was marksman and not a sniper variant. I'll still give it a try I suppose
  • VindictiVagabond
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I don't like those assignments. I don't use the limpet charges so that's gonna be difficult and I hate using the martini Henry so I doubt I'll get 300 kills with it.

I don't like them either. I already have 650 kills with the Selb 1906 and I'm already quite burnt with the game... I don't think I'd have much fun going through another 300 just so I can maybe enjoy the sniper variant :/

Also, 25 kills with nubetube will really **** me off when I'll want to revive teamates instead :( Medkits + syringe for life!
  • buddyboy911
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    don't care about the medic spotting. don't see the big deal. medics die half the time trying to revive anyway. if there is no firefight I generally get revived. if i'm out of ammo i don't want to be revived. Are players goign to take the time to spot 5 corpes before starting revives? Doubt it. Very low priority issue in my eyes.

Really why I like it specifically when I play a medic I can not tell you how many times I make my way to revive some one and they just instant back out to the main screen before I can do it. Its so bad at times a guy will die literally right on me and I am not able to revive them as they just back out.
  • BaronVonGoon
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hope the new stick acceleration control function is coming to console not just pc.
  • Kay-7k
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    our people goign to take the time to spot 5 corpes before starting revives?

I somewhat agree as I don't quite see myself spotting 5 fallen soldiers in a contested area before actually attempting to clear/revive them.

Say for example I were able to spot one per second or so, this will take me 5 or so seconds to do before even attempting to get to them with my needle & once I do get to them, my needle has a "cool down" unless there's a dropped ammo crate by their corpse, so by the time I've spotted them & got to them we could all just die anyway as I have to take extra time to let the impatient know not to skip, I'm coming to them.

In a fast paced contested zone timing matters.

I'll give it a go & try to adapt but it seems more of an inconvenience to the medics IMO!

The idea you have about showing the medics that revive is a decent suggestion. Maybe next to the medic name & distance show current number of revives in brackets as they are already tracking the amount of revives we do.
  • trip1ex
    1226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nitro7k wrote: »
    The idea you have about showing the medics that revive is a decent suggestion. Maybe next to the medic name & distance show current number of revives in brackets as they are already tracking the amount of revives we do.

Just color code the effectiveness of the medics and use the last 30 days or 60 days or something. Green, yellow and red tinted lettering. Keep it simple.
  • VindictiVagabond
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

Weapon Variant assignments Check out @DANNYonPC's Tweet:

Ahha nailed it.

300 kills with them to unlock? Really...
    Ergh; *ing grind freaks

Hope your happy.

25 kills with limpet; noice

25 bayonet charges; meh

25 at mine kills; ah shhhhhhhhip

25 rifle grenades kill; oh get *ed

Yeah if CTE for the consoles could come out that would be great. Just loving the PC tryhards and YouTubers destroying the game for us on console

Edit: RNGesus does this forum need to notify you if a new post has occured whilst you are making one

Exactly my thought. R3tarded MMO-style grind -_-
  • mav_smileyface
    782 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Ahha nailed it.

Ergh; *ing grind freaks

Hope your happy.

25 bayonet charges; meh

Yeah if CTE for the consoles could come out that would be great. Just loving the PC tryhards and YouTubers destroying the game for us on console

Edit: RNGesus does this forum need to notify you if a new post has occured whilst you are making one

Exactly my thought. R3tarded MMO-style grind -_-

Eh?? 300 kills is about 10 games which is about 3.5 hours of gameplay which is basically the equivalent of a single gaming session for most people
  • anzac1915
    424 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Ahha nailed it.

Ergh; *ing grind freaks

Hope your happy.

25 bayonet charges; meh

I agree about the assignments. Grinding is frustrating and tedious, I do not get why people like to grind in a Computer Game, real life is such a grind already. If they want to grind, they can go and grind in real life.
    What happened to actually playing a computer game? What happened to playing a computer game for fun? What happened to having all the guns unlocked and just having fun?