Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Battlefield 1 they shall not pass lag

Comments

• Scooby_Jonny
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well Dice are you even attempting to fix this problem. Its making the game unplayable online.
  • Airborne_Creed17
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I couldn't watch the entire video because I'm at work. But do you have an issue where everyone run s in place for a second and then lags forward? Because I do and I've checked my internet in my ps4 and I'm getting 20 plus download with a 100% connection to my router I haven't checked non dlc servers tho
  • mischkag
    135 postsMember, Developer
    The video indicates that you have severe packet loss to the server and extremely high latency. I am not sure on what end the problem is. Plz also enable the NetGraph (Gameplay/Advanced options) the next time. The icons themselves dont give me a good indication.
  • mischkag
    Btw i am very sorry to see these extreme issues. On the Hit detection forum i saw a video being posted WITH the NetGraph enabled and it showed extreme latency variation but even worse, packet loss of 80%. In what region are you playing? What server instance is the issue? We need to track this down and any information would help here. Thx
  • VBALL_MVP
    2442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I couldn't watch the entire video because I'm at work. But do you have an issue where everyone run s in place for a second and then lags forward? Because I do and I've checked my internet in my ps4 and I'm getting 20 plus download with a 100% connection to my router I haven't checked non dlc servers tho

The video you can see the packet loss icons and latency. There is some network issues there in the video that blindsniper needs to check.

Also bandwidth is not an accurate way to prove if ones network is good.
  • rocco1455
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 21
    In case it helps: Today I constantly get the message that I could not connect to EA Online yet I am permanently connected. Moreover I constantly get the message that a deploy point when trying to spawn is not available even though the player in question is not under fire etc. A further issue that I have is when I get a tank at the beginning of a round and I got it (no more red just white) it suddenly gets red again and I loose the tank. As already said I have a lot of lag etc. beginning with winter update (which was managable for an experienced player back then) which recently got much worse - sometimes I shoot an entire magazine into an enemy, he turns around and one shots me (I play in Austria). On us servers I don't have these issues..
  • blindsniper63
    923 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mischkag wrote: »
    The video indicates that you have severe packet loss to the server and extremely high latency. I am not sure on what end the problem is. Plz also enable the NetGraph (Gameplay/Advanced options) the next time. The icons themselves dont give me a good indication.

@mischkag On the day of the new dlc release( in eu) i started bf1 as usual and on the home screen you had a quick start for the new maps, i played a couple of games without a problem, then we joined in our usual party and ended up on Fort De Vaux conquest.
    The game was running ok to start with and as you can see from the video it gradually got worse.In party chat i mentioned i was having problems but my squad mates said they were having no problems at all.I told them i will upload the video to my YouTube channel just so they could see the gameplay.
    Then on this forum i posted my link to someone who was complaining about lag, i hadn't purposely recorded the video to put on forums hence why i didn't have Netgraph on.
    Very rarely do i have any problems but as someone said it could have been the huge flow of traffic on new dlc servers.I have since posted 11 more videos on my channel with a mixture of US and EU servers with no problems.I appreciate other players on the forum are still having problems so i hope you can clear this up for them.
    Nice of you to respond to the forum players and i hope you are successful in sorting this out.
  • mmarkweII
    2368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

The video you can see the packet loss icons and latency. There is some network issues there in the video that blindsniper needs to check.

Also bandwidth is not an accurate way to prove if ones network is good.

I was having the same thing yesterday. I didn't notice icons, and the netgraph looked "normal" to me. I failed at saving a clip, and taking note of what the values of the netgraph were, as well as the server number. Will try to remember next time. :)
  • blindsniper63
    923 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

OK this evening i joined a quickmatch on conquest and the first game i was on had already started on Verdon Heights, i never had any problems through the game.
    The next game was Fort De Vaux and the game was running alright until near the end of the game where i was getting packet loss, i only just remembered to put netgraph on so i hope it was running long enough to give you some clues to what is happening.
    Seems a bit strange to me that it's the same map as previous video and also it starts on the same A flag, maybe this is just a coincidence.

@mischkag @Prep768 @Ben8D8over @VBALL_MVP @mmarkweII @onehitwondah @EliteHobo235 @KaasWoljaap @BizarkerDRule Check out the time of 7.53
  • mischkag
    Thx for the video. Plz let me know next time where the interesting bit is :) Plz check the server you joined/are on by any chance possible. We actually are on to some issue with some servers,.
  • SecondAmendmnt
    271 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 21
    I've seen much more lag and longer load times after patch. DICE stop messing with weapons and gadgets until you fix this. Should be priority 1!
  • blindsniper63
    Thx for the video. Plz let me know next time where the interesting bit is :) Plz check the server you joined/are on by any chance possible. We actually are on to some issue with some servers,.

@mischkag check the time from 7.53 where it starts to lag, how would i know which server i'm on as i joined a quick match from multiplayer screen?
  • mmarkweII
    2368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @blindsniper63 to find the server number, you have to go through the ps4 menu. It shows it on your profile info.
  • VBALL_MVP
    2442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

OK this evening i joined a quickmatch on conquest and the first game i was on had already started on Verdon Heights, i never had any problems through the game.
    The next game was Fort De Vaux and the game was running alright until near the end of the game where i was getting packet loss, i only just remembered to put netgraph on so i hope it was running long enough to give you some clues to what is happening.
    Seems a bit strange to me that it's the same map as previous video and also it starts on the same A flag, maybe this is just a coincidence.

@mischkag @Prep768 @Ben8D8over @VBALL_MVP @mmarkweII @onehitwondah @EliteHobo235 @KaasWoljaap @BizarkerDRule Check out the time of 7.53

The high latency and packet loss makes me suspect you got a bad route. Had this happen to me back in BF4, played on a west coast server and was the same thing. I quit and joined an East coast no issues.

Later looked at downdetector.com and saw there was a routing issue in Sacramento.
  • blindsniper63
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

The high latency and packet loss makes me suspect you got a bad route. Had this happen to me back in BF4, played on a west coast server and was the same thing. I quit and joined an East coast no issues.

Later looked at downdetector.com and saw there was a routing issue in Sacramento.

It was a quickmatch and the same map and flag as my other video, do you think it is a server issue for this map?@VBALL_MVP
  • KaasWoljaap
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The lag is back...
    It magically disappeared over the weekend, however, on all the TSNP maps and game modes, it was a horrendous lagfest.
    I then joined some vanilla maps, and hey presto, no lag. :neutral:
  • ziffibertus
    37 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Me for my part: I feel the game runs much better since TSNP. (Switzerland 90mb up and download speed on playstation connection check, NAT type 2, playing small operations mainly).
  • BizarkerDRule
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Was the same all last night 21/3/17
    Unplayable beyond belief ( i reset my internet and ran a connection test and it's fine my end )
    Seems to get better as the night goes on

But for most part 100% unplayable

All my other online games run fine so it must be THIS game
  • Ben8D8over
    705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The lag is back...
    It magically disappeared over the weekend, however, on all the TSNP maps and game modes, it was a horrendous lagfest.
    I then joined some vanilla maps, and hey presto, no lag. :neutral:

Hey Kaas :smile:
    What does TSNP stand for ?
  • nowthenfella
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am having the same problem with unplayable lag. It is fine for the first game but then nosedives quickly after. This is on any EE server on TSNP and vanilla maps as well. I don't think it's an issue at my end as joining an Eastern US server is fine and everything works as intended. Didn't have this problem until TSNP and even then the first few days were fine.