Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

New Tank Needs Brakes.

ProAssassin2003
600 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited March 22
Its the only Tank that behaves like its on Water instead of Land. And it looks like it should be on water. Lol. And trying to use it on Hills. Forget about it. Needs some brakes. Everything else is fine.

Comments

• BaconRebellion
    469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's an annoyance to drive that's for sure but it is good against other tank and infantry. Especially the gas variant. Also found the pigeon variant useful when you're about to die and infantry is close to you
  • ChaosTheoryo9
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 21
    Its the only Tank that behaves like its on Water instead of Land. And trying to use it on Hills. Forget about it.

In the words of the now President Trump.... "WROONNG"

It overreacts a bit on hills even for a video virtual experience sure, but the tank was designed with a low hull IRL. It makes sense that it would get caught up on larger obstacles leading to issues with drive-ability; one of the many reasons it was never brought into mass production! Learning how to use the assault tank's strengths has its benefits. IMO, the Assault is easily superior to the Heavy.
  • Blackmarkers
    373 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    you are judging things way too quickly
  • AlotOfThunder
    498 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Using roads and trails over rough terrain seems to help avoid flipping over
  • crabman169
    5752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have zero issues with it.

• boutneus
    659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Like any tank it just takes some practice on finding it's strength/weaknesses. It's not bad
  • xxCJ
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah I agree with the hill trouble, it even says in the codex entry for the St Chamond that it was a bad tank because of how small the tread line was and it would get caught in ditches easily, just as it does in game. However the first time I used it on Amiens, where there aren't any hills to worry about, I went on a 20-something kill streak and destroyed the light and heavy tanks I ran into. I only died when I finally got overrun by assaults and my front gunner (very useful) couldn't keep up.
  • mikegh1994
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The only problem I have with it, is that it seems to roll too much when you let off the gas. Any other tank will come to a halt almost immediately, yet the St. Chamond seems just keep going, and it can be a bit annoying. Other than that, I'm loving the thing.
  • MurfCr
    169 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    new tank is beast. Moves fast enough to get out of other tanks fire sights. Does suck going up hills, but hay can't have everything.
  • jjsf24
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like it, but i do think they should adjust the breaks a little. It is quite annoying to move on uneven terrain because it does pick up and lose speed quickly and it is sometimes tough to balance. But i like it because its a smaller target than my original love the heavy tank.
  • ProAssassin2003
    600 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mikegh1994 wrote: »
    The only problem I have with it, is that it seems to roll too much when you let off the gas. Any other tank will come to a halt almost immediately, yet the St. Chamond seems just keep going, and it can be a bit annoying. Other than that, I'm loving the thing.

Honestly if it didn't do this I would probably love it. Thats so annoying though. lol
  • SodiumChlorideiy
    1264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's an annoyance to drive that's for sure but it is good against other tank and infantry. Especially the gas variant. Also found the pigeon variant useful when you're about to die and infantry is close to you

I dont scream OP but the gas variant needs a nerf. It's a heavily armored arty truck on steroids.
    It literally negates the need for the arty truck, because it's better.
    The timed explosive seems like a negative but it's way better.
  • Xiox312
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's my most favourite tank in the game.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Are you going to create even more threads about something you don't like just because? At least provide some ideas how to "fix" not just "itsux lol".
  • Scudze
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 21
    It's pretty funny to use tho
  • badhooverdog
    217 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Had a try last night. I dont usually tank but was fun running down enemies in the the alleys on Amiens. It does seem to float around a bit.

Anyone over 40 remember these? Put me in mind of the Assault tank.

http://www.automaticwasher.info/TD/VLJPEG/VINTAGE/2012/markus79++8-26-2012-03-21-5.jpg
  • BaconRebellion

I dont scream OP but the gas variant needs a nerf. It's a heavily armored arty truck on steroids.
    It literally negates the need for the arty truck, because it's better.
    The timed explosive seems like a negative but it's way better.

It took me a bit too get used to the explosive rounds as some times I'd fire and see the round bounce before exploding and be like wtf? But ive gotten used to it now. Did a live stream using it in Frontlines and started to be attacked by the arty truck. Made it retreat then came in contact with it again after taking a flag. Idk how many times it hit be but I got it to the point where 1 more round would finish it but an assault took it from me
  • ninjapenquinuk
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 21
    it does bounce around a lot for a several ton tank but it's great fun rolling into a capture point full of enemies and releasing the pidgeon. BOOM
  • BaconRebellion
    it does bounce around a lot for a several ton tank but it's great fun rolling into a capture point full of enemies and releasing the pidgeon. BOOM

I read from someone on here that that variant was useless but when your overrun and about to die it's useful. Sure you may still die but you'll take out a few enemies with you