Big disappointment to most of the clans:Upcoming 6p start is not an official setting

Jaskaman
668 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited March 2017
Most of the clans/communities wants to run a server with official settings because custom servers are not very popular among BF1 players.
In the CTE patch 20th of March, there is an option for 6p start but when I joined to some CTE servers (CQ) player required was still 20p.
So I asked this and got an answer:

"Julian Manolov‏ @_jjju_ · 1hr ago
low player server starting is if one rents a server and creates a custom game with that option enabled"
----
Why???? It's useless like that. IT should be an Official server setting. Why again like this? I hope this is changed. We can't accept that-it has been the most waited feature among multiple admins.

Comments

• ripper2323
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    UnCuT80 wrote: »
    if lower player start(6p) marks your server as custom = then its useless with the actual browser and preset search. Its impossible to seed servers as custom! Im afraid what happened to Battlefield private servers since bad company 2 or i'm getting old(36) and clans and their community's are not important anymore.

this is an absolute joke...the whole idea of 6 player start is to get your server populated, if you make 6 player start a custom setting, custom servers don't get populated period....makes no sense!!

• doctor3d
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    It's to prevent\minimize stat padding\boosters if I had to guess their reasoning for it.
  • iano1978
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    low player server starting is if one rents a server and creates a custom game with that option enabled"

Would you get QM traffic?

• iano1978
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    By the time dice did RSP it will be to late.

It is already too late for BF1.
    However, DICE will use the new RSP/Platoons/Companion for all future titles for sure.
    I'm sure they've thrown in the towel for this game at this stage.
    I think next game is 2018 so I would imagine everything will be working and running smoothly by then.

• Jaskaman
    668 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    iano1978 wrote: »

No QM traffic comes to RSP even if used Official setting for some reason. Custom setting is useless, no one uses it and server browser does not properly support it.
    Of course if they remove all DICE servers from server browser and make Custom setting as default setting and they bring QM back to RSP using official setup could help with it.
  • iano1978

No QM traffic comes to RSP even if used Official setting for some reason. Custom setting is useless, no one uses it and server browser does not properly support it.
    Of course if they remove all DICE servers from server browser and make Custom setting as default setting and they bring QM back to RSP using official setup could help with it.

Yeah if the QM traffic worked with a 6 player start I think we could all be very happy even without some of the other missing features from previous titles.
    I would have thought it was simple setting to change?
  • Jaskaman
    edited March 2017

Yeah if the QM traffic worked with a 6 player start I think we could all be very happy even without some of the other missing features from previous titles.
    I would have thought it was simple setting to change?

In the RSP launch QM came to RSP servers (around 10 days) until one famous YouTuber complained that he joined to mixed mode server not the mode he wanted to Hassoon and QM was turned off immediately. So QM traffic can be set immediately if they want to. But they do not want it. Same goes with this 6p start, they can make it to official as well quite fast if they want....
  • iano1978

Done.

I guess its pointless to make points here because DEVs seem to avoid the Forums (well the RSP section anyway).
  • CrashCA
    1091 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    From what I see, only a couple of MODs come on the Forums, no DEVs or anyone else from EA.
  • Jaskaman
    CrashCA wrote: »
    From what I see, only a couple of MODs come on the Forums, no DEVs or anyone else from EA.
    Mostly they stay in Twitter&Reddit.

• S1n31ra
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    doctor3d wrote: »
    It's to prevent\minimize stat padding\boosters if I had to guess their reasoning for it.

So then you have to weigh the importance of stats (zero %) against the importance of your customers (100%).
  • StarscreamUK
    7335 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    they read the forums but don't join conversations very much. which is a huge shame.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    they read the forums but don't join conversations very much. which is a huge shame.

**They read the forums sometimes and ignore anything the community has to say about RSP, which is a huge shame"

There I fixed it.

• PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This game would be so much better if they kept BF4 admin tools...
    I cant help it but compare DICE to Infinity Ward with COD.