Tanks Are So OP Without Having To Get Out To Repair Themselves

F1aw1ess
817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I mean come on DICE, was there really anything wrong with all of the battlefield games where the driver had to strategically stop, hop out, change to the repair tool and manually fix up the tank?

Now they just sit at the back of the map, rain down lead and anytime they get a single hit, they just repair themselves.

**** stupid

Comments

• IPutatoI
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    what you are describing could have just as easily happen in past bf games. the in tank repairs are in place cuz the tanks are slow as molasses and the anti tank weapons are mostly only good in close range therefore if a tank driver had to get out to repair they would lose their tank 9/10 times if not camping on back of map. its pretty dumb but so is everything else in the game so it fits the bf1 theme well.
  • Maestro-FIN
    617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    same goes with the plane, bf3 and 4 you just had to wait till it repaired slowly or land and repair. dont mind it tho as i can just keep farming.
  • F1aw1ess
    817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    least there was some skill in landing and repairing it, now as you say its just noob farming
  • Skipp3rUA
    408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    F1aw1ess wrote: »
    I mean come on DICE, was there really anything wrong with all of the battlefield games where the driver had to strategically stop, hop out, change to the repair tool and manually fix up the tank?

Now they just sit at the back of the map, rain down lead and anytime they get a single hit, they just repair themselves.

**** stupid

Tank OP?? You kidding Me? In game where 1-2 assault class infantry can destroy tank at 2-3 seconds with grenades spam? In last "update" DICE de-facto remove instant repair, (5-10 now, when low hp - ir dont fix critical hits; 20 before). So all players in tank need to camp more now. You can say "thanks" to the DICE for this.
    And if tank/at in Battlefield 1 OP for You, I think You are low skill player, or You play with low skill players in team.
  • F1aw1ess
    edited March 2017
    1-2 assault class should be able to take a tank down, it might not be true to life but otherwise the game is unbalanced and you get games with 80 kills to 0 deaths just cause they sat in the tank the entire game, never having to get out, their latest update is a move in the right direction but still not enough!

Your 5.31 K/D and 8 days 5 hours continuously in a tank just confirms my point entirely.
  • Leonardo_1966
    74 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 2017
    They went to far with the reduction in repair EMR is a joke now!

and for geting out of the tanks to repair, dice would need to remove the length of time it takes to get into a tank with the stupid graphics showing you going into the tank, what for? doesn't happen exiting the tank. I'm sure in the future games they will have 1 min intros climbing into a tank with a music score that would fit right into a Michael Bay movie!
  • Knuckl3_Dragger
    919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Oh good, another "I don't use a certain weapon/vehicle so I want them nerfed" thread.

• HUGOxxxxSTIGLITZ
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    EMR for light tanks went from 20% to 10%. Major difference, but still survivable with smoke screen while back tracking to self repair. Meh...if you cannot try to survive as a tanker then you shouldn't be tanking, hence you are further dangering those who are in your tank. That is YOUR responsibility as a tank commander.

A good tanker should help supporting in capturing team objectives, rid of other tanks and infantry that are bothersome to the team while maintaining situational awareness of their surroundings. NOT hill humping and raining down shells while teammates spawn on you for nothing since you are not moving.

A sitting tank is a useless tank which becomes a easy target for aggressive tank killers like me.
  • Feed4u
    697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, tanks get 1hko by bombers. Not OP to me at all, juicy target written all over them for me when I'm in a bomber.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    It's a very balanced feature. It can be interrupted by ANY damage no matter the number (even just throwing a frag grenade at it), and you can't move or shoot while doing it, which also increases the chances of it being interrupted EVEN MORE because you have to stop repairing to fight enemies that may come to finish you off.

I mean, seriously wtf is the difference in someone backing out of combat and self repairing inside a tank, and someone backing out of combat, pressing a button to instantly teleport out of the tank, and then repair EVEN FASTER with the repair tool?

Like a 2 1/2 second vehicle entry animation when you have to hop back in the tank? On top of that, hopping out of your tank to repair is uninterruptable. So it doesn't replace outside repairing, and it's more for extreme emergencies and literally leaves you a sitting duck while you're doing it.

It's not "OP" at all.
  • MISFITSWITCH
    423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1-2 assault class should be able to take a tank down, it might not be true to life but otherwise the game is unbalanced and you get games with 80 kills to 0 deaths just cause they sat in the tank the entire game, never having to get out, their latest update is a move in the right direction but still not enough!

Your 5.31 K/D and 8 days 5 hours continuously in a tank just confirms my point entirely.

5.31 K/D holy crap. No wonder he does not want a tank change. He is on of the guys sitting on the hills not helping the team at all.
  • king1umpy
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    oh here we go kd ratio again for the **** out there its a team game to start with and none of the vehicles should be able to self heal
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    king1umpy wrote: »
    oh here we go kd ratio again for the **** out there its a team game to start with and none of the vehicles should be able to self heal

Coming from the guy whose argument's full extent is just calling people ****.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only thing left to do to the tank (vehicles) is to limit ammo. Force them to have to move to certain flags, main etc to resupply....Like in the first 2 BF games.

You can't constantly farm from the edge of a map if your ammo runs out.
  • HUGOxxxxSTIGLITZ
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's so easy..here..let me explain.

Heavy Tank: I throw x2 AT Grenade then 1 Light Anti-Tank Grenade, as that is in mid air after the throw, I go prone, and shoot x2 AT Rockets...and that my friends will be the end of a heavy Tank. Now, if they have emergency repair another AT Rocket or two would do the trick to end its days. Easy day. Happy hunting.
  • Loqtrall

Heavy Tank: I throw x2 AT Grenade then 1 Light Anti-Tank Grenade, as that is in mid air after the throw, I go prone, and shoot x2 AT Rockets...and that my friends will be the end of a heavy Tank. Now, if they have emergency repair another AT Rocket or two would do the trick to end its days. Easy day. Happy hunting.

Exactly the same thing I do when I play Assault.

Literally the only reason I play Assault is when a tank is dominating an objective and get tired of it - and I can confirm that it's perfectly possible for one Assault player to take out a tank by themselves.

If you've got a friend or squadmate running with you playing assault too, it's just beyond easy to take down a tank, especially if you and your friend attack it from two different directions, making the tanker feel like they have nowhere to go.

The only reason tanks appear to be humongous forces in this game is because players are literally too lazy to take them out, or work together to do so, like distracting a tank with an AT rocket so your Support friend can run up and drop a limpet on it. It's and intentional design choice to make teamwork the best option against armor in the game, they're supposed to be formidable foes in the game.

In BF4 it was far too easy to take out a tank. Even as a Recon-only player in BF4, I got over 1,000 C4 kills, and every single one of them were on tanks. But, I'll accept how easy it was to take down armor in that game considering that tanks in that game had thermals on the main and backup guns, all sorts of gadgets and ammo types, a 360 degree cannon, and a ****ing sprint button.
  • rothbardian253
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Without offering an opinion on whether tanks are "overpowered", I can safely say that two Assault players collaborating against a tank is brutally effective.

But people tend to be very unorganized, so instead they run around like idiots because they think tanks are invincible and they get murdered by happy tankers.
  • johnojohnson
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    Really it is a map design fault not really the vehicle , that be it tank or plane , maps should have more AA to combat planes and more cover ( buildings , groups of trees, walls , trenches to lower the farming of tanks , I think this is main issue the farm factor really for every aspect of the game , yes tanks are quite easy to kill if you can get close but when they camp back good luck, some people play the team game and are aggressive others not , I think EA tried to take out the farm factor originally by making the game more point orientated not kills like previous games but hasnt quite worked , and really the only way to do it is to actually take away the kill / death count for players and you just get points but i dont think the average player would like that as we all like to show off how many we kill lol,
    Still very early days and few more DLC to come so there will be a massive overhaul by the time we get to the end , they already said they are going to restrict the amount of planes and tanks available on certain maps next patch , really they should just add an air superiority and all out tank warfare map to cater for people that love using those things .
  • F1aw1ess
    edited March 2017

so what do you do when they sit at the edge of the map? if they had to get out to repair the couple of % damage the AT rocket gun does, at least a sniper could have a pot shot at the driver, as it is now there is absolutely nothing you can do on certain maps.
  • Loqtrall

so what do you do when they sit at the edge of the map? if they had to get out to repair the couple of % damage the AT rocket gun does, at least a sniper could have a pot shot at the driver, as it is now there is absolutely nothing you can do on certain maps.

Uh...sneak up behind it?

As someone who snuck up behind camping tankers sitting near the enemy uncap and blew them up in BF4 a countless number of times, I just find it comical to imply that sneaking up behind a tank and killing it in BF1 is impossible just because they're camping across the map.

If anything, doing it to medium or heavy tanks is even easier than in past games because they have no rear gun unless they specifically switch to it, making them incredibly easy to sneak up on when they're focused on shooting people across the map with their main guns that are solely front-mounted.