CTE changes, (New Weapon Variants, Hellrigel, Martini Sniper, etc)

1235»

Comments

• PaintedFanatic
    702 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My question is, how many people spend all their battlefield time in the cte? Seems like a broken version of battlefield to me
  • ILoveBF2Fin
    486 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2017
    I like a good grind, but these would be a massive ball-ache.

I can already predict several hours of massive frustration trying to achieve 25 limpet kills

Lol my brother has 5 service stars on it, he'll probably get that done in 1 round haha.
    But yeah I could see it being difficult for some.

The AT Mine one I think is good. Perhaps it'll spark some interest in AT Mines for some people as those things are painfully underused for how effective they are.
    Though it's worth noting that bad assault players will never use AT Mines as you can't spam them on infantry.
  • BaconRebellion
    2423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VonReisler wrote: »
    VonReisler wrote: »
    Huot optical? O baby!!! This thing will be even more deadly at range

was hoping more for a telescopic version.

I much prefer optical variants over telescopic

Much better target acquisition and tracking with scope over optical and better able to play to the Huot's strength being accuracy

I like to play close to medium range so for my post style optical does me better. To much zoom with telescopic for my style
  • ANGRYharold
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I can already predict several hours of massive frustration trying to achieve 25 limpet kills

Lol my brother has 5 service stars on it, he'll probably get that done in 1 round haha.

The AT Mine one I think is good. Perhaps it'll spark some interest in AT Mines for some people as those things are painfully underused for how effective they are.
    Though it's worth noting that bad assault players will never use AT Mines as you can't spam them on infantry.

the mines were way more effective early on, before tanks and players knew where to look for them. i rarely get kills with them now unless i put them in odd areas that are unlikely to see vehicle traffic.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

the mines were way more effective early on, before tanks and players knew where to look for them. i rarely get kills with them now unless i put them in odd areas that are unlikely to see vehicle traffic.

Join my games. Had a session yesterday where these two enemies Assaults would basically keep placing them outside the British spawn on Amiens and they killed something like 12 Vehicles (mostly tanks, but a few armoured cars were destroyed too) between them and STILL my team couldn't be bothered checking the ground first before driving out and I didn't want to spend all game at F Just destroying those mines. >.>
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    What the heck is "Defensive" for the Hellriegel going to mean exactly. If I recall correctly, Trench versions of SMGs tend to mean they're better at hipfiring, Storm (for the Automatico) means it's more controllable at range or something, and all that stuff. So what's "Defensive". :L

Means it has a bipod instead of a grip.
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A MH sniper and a bipod Hellreigel?

There really is a Santa Claus.
  • ANGRYharold
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Join my games. Had a session yesterday where these two enemies Assaults would basically keep placing them outside the British spawn on Amiens and they killed something like 12 Vehicles (mostly tanks, but a few armoured cars were destroyed too) between them and STILL my team couldn't be bothered checking the ground first before driving out and I didn't want to spend all game at F Just destroying those mines. >.>

jesus, i'm playing in the wrong matches.
  • jdbelcher1998
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Awesome, apparently DICE will be removing the unlock requirements for the new weapons at some point soon in CTE only:
  • 187Bear
    578 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    300 kills with each weapon... That's a lot more than 50 we've seen so far. Imagine 150 headshot kills with the kolibri.
  • BaconRebellion
    2423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    300 kills with each weapon... That's a lot more than 50 we've seen so far. Imagine 150 headshot kills with the kolibri.

Don't give them ideas!!!!
    Awesome, apparently DICE will be removing the unlock requirements for the new weapons at some point soon in CTE only:

They should alter the requirements for when they implement them. I'm fine with 50-100 kills for the requirement but 300 is going to be a pain especially for weapons people don't typically use.

• Sed83
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    what do u guys think if to unlock the new assault gun hellriegel defensive, your assignment is based on another class...

for example to unlock hellriegel defensive, u have to kill 150 using the medic m1907 sweeper...

and to unlock the support gun u have to play as assault and get 150 kills using the mp18 trench...

this way people would stop main-ing their class and actually play something else (looking at u scout players)
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sed83 wrote: »
    what do u guys think if to unlock the new assault gun hellriegel defensive, your assignment is based on another class...

for example to unlock hellriegel defensive, u have to kill 150 using the medic m1907 sweeper...

and to unlock the support gun u have to play as assault and get 150 kills using the mp18 trench...

this way people would stop main-ing their class and actually play something else (looking at u scout players)

I think that would be a terrible idea personally. I'd hate the idea of say, get 150 Kills with the Gewehr 98 Sniper to get the Selbstlader 1906 Sniper, just as an example.

Personally, aside from the Rifle Grenades part for Medic, I'm fine with the assignments. I think the idea of them is more towards us fools like myself who already use the guns significantly. Also, when these variants do get released, I'd rather enjoy the first day or two where everyone isn't running around with the Hellriegel Defensive.
  • Sed83
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I think that would be a terrible idea personally. I'd hate the idea of say, get 150 Kills with the Gewehr 98 Sniper to get the Selbstlader 1906 Sniper, just as an example.

Personally, aside from the Rifle Grenades part for Medic, I'm fine with the assignments. I think the idea of them is more towards us fools like myself who already use the guns significantly. Also, when these variants do get released, I'd rather enjoy the first day or two where everyone isn't running around with the Hellriegel Defensive.

obviously 150kills is just my example.. it is up to dice to come up with the assignments... what im saying is to unlock an assault gun u have to complete the assignment of another class...
  • Zer0Cod3x
    246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Zer0Cod3x wrote: »
    The new weapons look like they're going to be pretty disappointing.

1906 Sniper - the Sniper variant has more spread increase when compared to its Optical Factory counterpart, which means that if you're not on the bipod (which is most of the time), you have a lower effective RoF than the Factory. You essentially trade a scope for substantially worse statistical performance.

Huot Optical - the Optical variant reduces horizontal recoil and min spread slightly. Given that the Huot has basically no horizontal recoil and min spread anyway, this is a fairly redundant change. In addition, it takes one more bullet to reset to min spread, which is actually quite significant. Again, you essentially trade a scope for worse statistical performance.

Hellriegel Defensive - 120 rounds is unnecessary. And you have worse accuracy than the Storm Factory. Yeah, no.

Martini Sniper - scope glint. Plus the velocity too slow and bullet drop too high for any real long-range usage. That vertical recoil is also ridiculous, which means that you'll probably never see your bullet tracer.

Have you used the Autoloading 8 .35 marksman?

Look on the bright side; people won't have a legit cause to cry op (which is honestly a good thing; don't want God tier weapons behind both ridiculous assignments and level grind. Balance says yeah nah)

Never.

KiDe2vh.png

Very noice :)

You understand its capabilities in comparsion to the factory variant right? Field wise I feel as the 1906 will do the same thing

They're slightly different.

Model 8 Marksman and Factory both reset spread at the same rate.

1906 Factory​ and Sniper don't reset spread at the same rate. In fact the Sniper will take twice as long to reset spread than the Factory (unless, of course, you're using the bipod).

As I said before, you're essentially trading a scope for worse statistical performance.

If it was a 1906 Marksman I'd be all over it. But it's not.

Guess they really want you to use the bipod; like the Chauchat telescopic and to a lesser extent Ribeye. I haven't used the mondragon sniper so I've got no idea how much the bipod changes the performance for an slr (in game wise)

Have to wait and see; scope will greatly increase its average engagement distances

Bipod reduces everything but min spread.
  • thenotgeekygeek
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Huot optical? O baby!!! This thing will be even more deadly at range

oddly enough, this is already a variant in the campaign.

where in the campaign? I've never seen either version in it
  • 187Bear
    578 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

obviously 150kills is just my example.. it is up to dice to come up with the assignments... what im saying is to unlock an assault gun u have to complete the assignment of another class...

I wouldn't like it. I don't mind playing all 4 infantry classes but some of those DLC assignments were stretching it a little and I haven't done all the scout stuff yet. If I have to do pilot assignments to unlock weapons for instance I would be unhappy.
  • herodes87
    1265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They should finally put the M1903 infantry in. I don't need more Noobriegel.