South East Asia Servers

Comments

• Zirenyth
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bad2dbone2 wrote: »
    I am from Malaysia and having 30mbps connection. I was getting 60ms-79ms playing "They shall not pass" on the first week on Hong Kong servers until they updated on 20 March 2017. Now I am getting 165ms-170ms on Hong Kong server which is unplayable. Japan server on the first week was about 120-150 ms so I was always on HK server jumping on Japan server only when HK server is full but now it is Japan server having 120-125ms. Triple digit ping for both countries is now making it difficult to enjoy the game. What happened EA? What was changed? Please look into it.

30mbps LUL i'm on a 1gps playing with 200 ping lowest and from singapore at least u had a good 6 months my friend now suffer along with the rest of us .
  • TheNewR3bel
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Please see this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLfOoCUS0PSkVr4TDUfOQydoC9IQWOfvAy&v=vB0Vj9_c234

Let your wallet do the talking from now on. This youtuber have the solution near the end of this video. I am now heading in that direction in future franchise. Thank you EA for making it easy for me to decide.

What was changed? They made it so you can only have "official DICE severs" and made it impossible for people to buy severs from 3rd party providers that actually provided severs for their countries. Because they wanted everyone to have "a consistent user experience"
  • bad2dbone2
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Zirenyth wrote: »
    I am from Malaysia and having 30mbps connection. I was getting 60ms-79ms playing "They shall not pass" on the first week on Hong Kong servers until they updated on 20 March 2017. Now I am getting 165ms-170ms on Hong Kong server which is unplayable. Japan server on the first week was about 120-150 ms so I was always on HK server jumping on Japan server only when HK server is full but now it is Japan server having 120-125ms. Triple digit ping for both countries is now making it difficult to enjoy the game. What happened EA? What was changed? Please look into it.

30mbps LUL i'm on a 1gps playing with 200 ping lowest and from singapore at least u had a good 6 months my friend now suffer along with the rest of us .

Sorry to hear about about your situation. Maybe this video would help:

You should try complaining to your Internet Service Provider or change to another ISP and see if they can get a better route to the server of your choice either Hong Kong or Japan. Btw I am not suffering anymore as I have already at peace with my decision for future Battlefield franchise. Don't get me wrong BF1 is a very good game and I love every BF franchise. EA just needs to give some attention to SEA.
  • bad2dbone2
    Please see this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLfOoCUS0PSkVr4TDUfOQydoC9IQWOfvAy&v=vB0Vj9_c234

Let your wallet do the talking from now on. This youtuber have the solution near the end of this video. I am now heading in that direction in future franchise. Thank you EA for making it easy for me to decide.

What was changed? They made it so you can only have "official DICE severs" and made it impossible for people to buy severs from 3rd party providers that actually provided severs for their countries. Because they wanted everyone to have "a consistent user experience"

I am fine with "Official DICE servers" in fact I prefer it to 3rd party providers servers as many instances cheap PC component acting as servers which clearly cannot handle that many client causing a very bad experience gameplay. EA is making the right decision in this case. All I am asking is just put a server closer to SEA or any other country since this game is sold worldwide. MORE SERVERS CLOSER TO HOME.
  • SteadyFlow
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    DId they improve routing in SEA region ? .. Now I'm getting 100 ping from HK & Japan servers here in Bangalore, India. Till last week it used to be 300 +.

• bad2dbone2
    edited March 2017
    SteadyFlow wrote: »
    DId they improve routing in SEA region ? .. Now I'm getting 100 ping from HK & Japan servers here in Bangalore, India. Till last week it used to be 300 +.

They may have. Seriously 85-100+ms against Honkees and Japanese home turf in a shoot out. Guess who will win? @SteadyFlow you are a veteran in Battlefield ,100+ ms ping is not a very good experience against someone who has 25ms ping.
    Post edited by bad2dbone2 on
  • TheNewR3bel
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I am fine with "Official DICE servers" in fact I prefer it to 3rd party providers servers as many instances cheap PC component acting as servers which clearly cannot handle that many client causing a very bad experience gameplay. EA is making the right decision in this case. All I am asking is just put a server closer to SEA or any other country since this game is sold worldwide. MORE SERVERS CLOSER TO HOME.

It would be the right decision if they could actually bloody support the regions that were left out. But no. It's not the right decision since they cant.
  • bad2dbone2

It would be the right decision if they could actually bloody support the regions that were left out. But no. It's not the right decision since they cant.

@TheNewR3bel you are also a veteran in Battlefield franchise decide for yourself how future purchases can be controlled by you and not EA. DON"T BUY IF THERE ARE NO CHANGES. I have made my peace and any future Battlefield will not be entertained irregardless of how many good reviews they get. I am closing my wallet to EA battlefield franchise until they acknowledge that they need to change.
  • SteadyFlow

They may have. Seriously 85-100+ms against Honkees and Japanese home turf in a shoot out. Guess who will win? @SteadyFlow you are a veteran in Battlefield ,100+ ms ping is not a very good experience against someone who has 25ms ping.

Well, let's not compare with BF4 shall we .. good old days where I used to get under 40ms from SIngapore servers.

I refunded BF1 when the game came out since I understood the RSP situation would be really bad. Only bought the game recently during the Origin 50% off sale when I heard from friends that Ping had come down to the 150 range for India (from the 200-250 ping earlier).

Ya, I hear you, 100 ms is still bad but I too have made my peace with BF1 - also not going to buy premium until/if the price drops. Now historically premium prices never drop but I've noticed that premium servers are running empty so I'm gambling on EA dropping the prices to increase premium players.
  • stewiei3d
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi - what is the name of your ISP?
  • bad2dbone2
    edited March 2017
    stewiei3d wrote: »
    Hi - what is the name of your ISP?

UNIFI.
  • bang_bang_max
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Hey what ISP do you use? I'm in India myself I'm on ACT Fibernet 75mbps. I've never gotten anything below 140 Ms except for once last night when I miraculously got 55ms for 1 match in the middle Eastern server. Then back to 140 Ms after I dc'd to see if it was a fluke, which it did turn out to be sadly.

Also in case any dice ppl see this id like to shout out once more for us SEA players. Please give us servers in Singapore. It's terrible playing in 140 Ms min. I'm a premium pass holder I love the game and the dlc but the ping retracts from the experience. Come on dice.
  • SteadyFlow
    edited March 2017

Hey what ISP do you use? I'm in India myself I'm on ACT Fibernet 75mbps. I've never gotten anything below 140 Ms except for once last night when I miraculously got 55ms for 1 match in the middle Eastern server. Then back to 140 Ms after I dc'd to see if it was a fluke, which it did turn out to be sadly.

Also in case any dice ppl see this id like to shout out once more for us SEA players. Please give us servers in Singapore. It's terrible playing in 140 Ms min. I'm a premium pass holder I love the game and the dlc but the ping retracts from the experience. Come on dice.

I'm with ACT fibernet here in Bangalore .. i'm still getting 100 ms ping with Japan/HK .. just finished playing a game right now ! Guess I'm getting lucky with the routing !

FYI try playing on SAfrican servers .. ping is not too bad - around 125 ms.
  • bang_bang_max
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I'm with ACT fibernet here in Bangalore .. i'm still getting 100 ms ping with Japan/HK .. just finished playing a game right now ! Guess I'm getting lucky with the routing !

FYI try playing on SAfrican servers .. ping is not too bad - around 125 ms.

I do play on SA servers whenever available. Yup they're around 125 ms. I sometimes get lucky with that middle East server with 55ms ping lol. Got one again today. I get it playing at around 10pm IST so you should look out for that too.

However the bigger issue is consistent better servers in our area. Please EA. Singapore servers would be lovely!!!
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can u guys tell me the ip address of hk servers so that I can tracert.
  • Zirenyth
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    [
    xenome111 wrote: »
    Can u guys tell me the ip address of hk servers so that I can tracert.

i'm sure many other brave knights have tried before you don't bother its probably some china server EA/DICE bought over at Daiso (A shop where everything is $2 dollars) and put a Hong Kong flag over it .
  • fanfusuzi
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bought the game 2 days ago, big regret after playing 2 days.
    I am from Thailand playing over 100m ping for fps game is terrible.
    If I knew they do not have Singapore sever like BF4, I would not have bought the game.
    Too late for refund today too. I thought the refund policy is 7 days?
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm currently tweeting to @Striterax so u guys can help me with that.And guys voice ur opinion to them otherwise they will not know .We definitely need more servers in Asia at strategic positions.

• Zirenyth
    fanfusuzi wrote: »
    Bought the game 2 days ago, big regret after playing 2 days.
    I am from Thailand playing over 100m ping for fps game is terrible.
    If I knew they do not have Singapore sever like BF4, I would not have bought the game.
    Too late for refund today too. I thought the refund policy is 7 days?

just refund the game before it's 2 late like us .
  • TheOriginMaximus
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just after the weekend..from 85 ping up to 170 ping again. These servers suck big time! I love battlefield 1 but EA's servers are as **** up as their NBA Live franchise! Are you guys still getting high pings after the weekend?