Solving the camper problem

Sentinelxm1994
20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Everybody knows the number one reason for losing as attackers on operations or on rush is 100% due to teammates of yours who decide they just want to camp and get kills on a game mode in which kills are irrelevant towards the objective since there are an infinite number of defenders.

being that battlefield 1 is a WWI game I have a very obvious solution to solving this problem. see, I tried throwing smoke grenades as support in front of snipers on my team (particularly on oil of empires, they are the worst offenders on that map) but that's not effective enough to make them move up even if I'm shouting "LETS GO" over and over through the in game chat wheel.

so we are left with no other choice but to consider adding in a feature in which brings about some realism to this game.

In WWI when you were ordered over the top or to attack, you attacked without question. and if anyone were to, say, linger in your trench soaked in his own urine and jerking off instead of attacking, he was shot on the spot for cowardice by an officer.

That should be something we enable. There should be a creeping out of bounds area that moves up closer and closer to the objective as well as the spawn getting closer and closer to the objective so that any sniping campers are shot for cowardice, and it should count as five deaths to soil their precious kill death ratio. But we should not have a countdown like when you go out of bounds. we should instead have an officers voice shouting "cowards will be shot" and that's their only warning to see if they can catch on.

if you have a shrinking spawn it gives more incentive to attack while the objectives are still fresh and potentially able to be captured while punishing those who make your team lose every time.

Comments

• cammoses003
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    savage
  • Sentinelxm1994
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    hey, the dirtbags deserve it. I'm tired of losing all the time because of a squad of sissies holding rifles they don't even know how to use all because "they're too scared to attack". it's a war game. if you don't die at least once, you aren't playing it right. or maybe we could just ban them from operations after enough times of doing this so they have to go play team deathmatch and stop mucking up the game for the rest of us actually playing the objective.
  • Khal_Fraggo
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    In addition to calvary, occasionally let players spawn as an "officer". If any player remains too far away from an enemy flag for too long, they are marked as deserters and the officer is allowed to execute them. Each execution gives the officer extra health/damage and the ability to boost players PTFOing. When the officer enters a capture-zone, he gives any teammate also in the zone increased health, ammo regeneration, and sprint speed.

I'm being sarcastic, of course, but wouldn't this be cool in a kinda TF2 way?
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Solving the server latency problems takes priority, I'm seriously considering camping behind a rock again.
  • cammoses003
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    hey, the dirtbags deserve it. I'm tired of losing all the time because of a squad of sissies holding rifles they don't even know how to use all because "they're too scared to attack". it's a war game. if you don't die at least once, you aren't playing it right. or maybe we could just ban them from operations after enough times of doing this so they have to go play team deathmatch and stop mucking up the game for the rest of us actually playing the objective.

problem with that is there are a lot of good scouts who sit back and do more than you'd think, even attacking, they just aren't rewarded with XP as much as the other three classes and therefore not always finishing up at the top.. and those scouts who are good at this all started playing by doing exactly what you have a problem with - i understand your pain, but its something that'll simply never happen.. everyone has to start somewhere
  • MsieurLeodagan
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    Or you could just quit and find another server. Or better yet, rent one and impose your own rules there.

People usually don't respond well to a game telling them exactly how to play it. Besides, this sounds like an optimal way to make farming kills easier for a far superior defending team because it's either "rush blindly and get shot immediately" or "take your time and get killed by being out of bounds."

The problem still lies in the matchmaking system being ****. If it worked, campers wouldn't be nearly as big of an issue as they are now. Coming up with overly complex methods of punishment for quitters/campers/team switchers/people using a gun or a gadget not approved by Cpt. Neckbeard on the internet or whatever is just treating the symptoms of an issue within one of the game's core mechanics.

In BF1 server : no snipers limit.... I not understant why DICE ruin conquest mode in bf1
  • kaliyl777
    1958 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Your never going to stop campers, its a mindset. You can play back to basics and their still camping, even though everyone has the same guns.
  • JohnMatrix666
    1255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Or you could just quit and find another server. Or better yet, rent one and impose your own rules there.

People usually don't respond well to a game telling them exactly how to play it. Besides, this sounds like an optimal way to make farming kills easier for a far superior defending team because it's either "rush blindly and get shot immediately" or "take your time and get killed by being out of bounds."

The problem still lies in the matchmaking system being ****. If it worked, campers wouldn't be nearly as big of an issue as they are now. Coming up with overly complex methods of punishment for quitters/campers/team switchers/people using a gun or a gadget not approved by Cpt. Neckbeard on the internet or whatever is just treating the symptoms of an issue within one of the game's core mechanics.

In BF1 server : no snipers limit.... I not understant why DICE ruin conquest mode in bf1

Have you ever posted a message that doesn't boil down to "scouts are ruining my life pls nerf and ban"?

Go rent a server and limit the scout class. Problem solved.
  • MATT-CHEW82
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What if camping snipers, who have been prone in the same area for longer than 60 seconds with very little movement, automatically get "spotted?"

• mistaviks2
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You can't expect a sniper to rush in and assault, it's not what snipers are for. This has always been a ridiculous and unfair argument. Their job is to provide long range support and pick of enemies trying to take the objectives. Maybe you should spend more time focusing on what you do rather than what they are doing.
  • MsieurLeodagan
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Have you ever posted a message that doesn't boil down to "scouts are ruining my life pls nerf and ban"?

With settings server bf1 we can not limit scout!!!! In bf4 yes with plugin Procon, you understand now? No Procon with plugins in bf1

mistaviks2 wrote: »
    You can't expect a sniper to rush in and assault, it's not what snipers are for. This has always been a ridiculous and unfair argument. Their job is to provide long range support and pick of enemies trying to take the objectives. Maybe you should spend more time focusing on what you do rather than what they are doing.

When in your team the guys prefer camp in sniper, they play not flags : game ruined. Battlefield is teamplay but if the guys play only deadmatch....
    Sometimes the teams are full snipers (exemple FAO) lol seriously the guys prefer to ruin conquest mode for....K/D, teamplay dead.
    Maybe if you play conquest you understand you'll understand.

At the beginning, the kills during capture flag not counted but DICE backed up
  • THAGURT
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think the creeping out of bounds line would be an interesting idea to try out...especially for the vehicles. People say its the snipers that cause a loss? No its the arti van and tank sitting in the back of your base going 6-0 each match that loses it for you.

Maybe make it a creeping line for people that have been alive and on the battlefield for x amount of time.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What if camping snipers, who have been prone in the same area for longer than 60 seconds with very little movement, automatically get "spotted?"

If noone has seen him in their killcam by then it's his loss.
  • mistaviks2
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why do rushers always blame everyone else on the team for the loss? Camping snipers, camping truck,etc etc. Maybe it was YOU that lost the game. Maybe you were just outclassed by the other team.
  • Giliaaannn
    1162 postsMember Member
    Just quit and let them die while camping on that rock. At first I tried but now as soon as I see any sign it's going to be a frustrating game I just leave immediately. **** comebacks and second chances, it's not worth it at all.

There is nothing wrong with camping, it's just a tactic. The problem is people who just don't care about teamwork in a game that asks and requires a lot of teamwork and is known for teamwork. And people who don't care about goals that are set by the game. It's like playing soccer and someone taking the ball and then starts running in circles in a corner of the field just because they like running in circles like a maniac. Nobody does that when it comes to games and if they did they would get kicked out by everyone else in a matter of seconds, except on the freaking internet where everyone can be an **** and nobody can do anything about it.
  • JohnMatrix666
    1255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2017

With settings server bf1 we can not limit scout!!!! In bf4 yes with plugin Procon, you understand now? No Procon with plugins in bf1

mistaviks2 wrote: »

When in your team the guys prefer camp in sniper, they play not flags : game ruined. Battlefield is teamplay but if the guys play only deadmatch....
    Sometimes the teams are full snipers (exemple FAO) lol seriously the guys prefer to ruin conquest mode for....K/D, teamplay dead.
    Maybe if you play conquest you understand you'll understand.

At the beginning, the kills during capture flag not counted but DICE backed up

No, I don't understand because I'm too tired and drunk to try and decipher FUBAR English. Just kick the scouts and add something like a "no snipers" rule to the server description. Or play something else. Or at least come up with a new shtick that doesn't involve you ranting about how the scouts are ruining your life just because they don't play the way you see fit.

The original Red Orchestra has a sniper limit and it was pretty affordable on Steam the last time I checked.
  • MurfCr
    1028 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That would be funny as hell to be able to dome cap a camping player. However I'd say if you do you only get 1 per 250 tickets. Also a team officer kill should have some kind of negative added to the one being killed.
    The one thing I would like to see addressed and changed is the out of bounds players on operations (defenders) being able to camp out and not be gotten to.
  • Elitso
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "Play the game my way or you suck." Does that pretty much sum up this and every other cry baby topic like it? Welcome to online FPS. literally every one has the same complaints over and over.

Get your own server or a bunch of friends together to play your way or make your own game. Either way you have zero say in how others play their game.