Who else wants more Urban Maps in the game?

2»

Comments

• Warfan2002
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'd like 1 urban map like Dawnbreaker or Seige of Shangai in a WW1 environment with planes and maybe even a Airship behemoth
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People don't realize it but there was quite a bit of urban warfare in World War 1.

ffe16523cabd44c7527cbe26a9e7e25b.jpg

1st_Special_Service_Brigade_4_April_1945.jpg
    Both images are from World War II.
  • SirSpectacle
    818 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The uniforms are also all wrong for WWI. Those are clearly US troops with WW2 era M1 helmets in the first pic, while the berets worn by the soldiers in the second pic marks them as WW2 era British Commandos or Paras.
  • ScoutHunterKing
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    People don't realize it but there was quite a bit of urban warfare in World War 1.

I don't believe that first picture is WWI. I'm just saying.. I don't think the Sherman was around at the time. :p

Also that looks a bit like a tommy gun the fellow on the right is holding in the second pic ;) the other gun may be a madsen though, which was still used a bit in ww2.

Nah, I'm fairly certain it's a Bren LMG. And yeah, that guy's gun definitely looks like the Thompson to me.

I don't believe that first picture is WWI. I'm just saying.. I don't think the Sherman was around at the time. :p

Also that looks a bit like a tommy gun the fellow on the right is holding in the second pic ;) the other gun may be a madsen though, which was still used a bit in ww2.

Nah, I'm fairly certain it's a Bren LMG. And yeah, that guy's gun definitely looks like the Thompson to me.

Yes the british bren gun! I thought that just after i posted.. way better for running and gunning than the madsen, and more common in ww2 so makes sense its that... That bulky veritcal magazine makes them look superficially similar at a quick glance though. Definitely ww2 photos though
  • CH1R0N83
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I believe the first pic is Probably US troops advancing into Germany, if the white flag draped from the second floor window is anything to go by. The second pic is definitely Brit paras.
  • jjsf24
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Wouldnt mind more urban maps or maps with urban sections, but id still like it to remain with a lot of trenches similar to WW1.
  • CPU_UK
    1095 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Amiens is the only map I actually like. Yes, more urban for sure
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    That's how desperate we are, using WWII pic's to carry our want. :D
  • jart372
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 2017
    Definitely urban maps are the best maps. Karkand, Grand bazaar, Seine crossing, Pearl Market, Amien are best maps in bf history. I didnt like Shanghai and Dawnbreaker was good but nothing special. I prefer infantry maps, so i m glad that DICE gave us 2 infantry maps in dlc. I hope they will give us more infantry/urban maps in the future DLC's.
  • BiraqObonga
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    My bad for posting World War 2 pictures. I was debating about checking wether they were really from WW2 but I got lazy. My point still stands though.
  • Squirrel_trip
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    jart372 wrote: »
    Definitely urban maps are the best maps. Karkand, Grand bazaar, Seine crossing, Pearl Market, Amien are best maps in bf history. I didnt like Shanghai and Dawnbreaker was good but nothing special. I prefer infantry maps, so i m glad that DICE gave us 2 infantry maps in dlc. I hope they will give us more infantry/urban maps in the future DLC's.

Totally agree!
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would definitely like more urban maps. Amiens is by far my favorite map still. I just think most battles during WW1 weren't fought in urban areas though.
  • JesseA421
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    urban maps are the best. seine crossing types, or the back to karkand/markaz monolith type are great and always lead to epic engagements.
  • BiraqObonga
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I would definitely like more urban maps. Amiens is by far my favorite map still. I just think most battles during WW1 weren't fought in urban areas though.

It's definitely true that most battles in World War 1 were fought in trenches and not urban areas but enough urban warfare occurred for Dice to make a few more urban maps.

It's important to realize that when I say urban, it doesn't necessarily imply the biggest cities in Europe at the time. Urban maps can be made out of small cities and towns like Amiens.