Make frontlines an actual frontline

Zytryx
85 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited March 2017
I love the mode and it was great the first few days but everyone has figured out to just hang way back and attack from the rear so it ends up like conquest.

The out of bounds area should shift with the captured frontline so a team can always attack head on and some minor flanking but not be able to hang back two capture points making the 'frontline' and actual frontline.

Comments

• disposalist
    8944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I would go for something like this, yeah. Certainly the game mode suffers from back-campers currently. Something should/could be done to encourage players to actually play the mode.
  • Khal_Fraggo
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree about the problem, but the solution might not be as simple as making the out-of-bounds lines dynamic.

Tanks have to spawn all the way back at the first spawn point and move up to the action. which is important balance-wise in rewarding teams for taking out tanks. If that area was out-of-bounds mid-game then they would have to spawn much closer to the action and be back in the fight way sooner. Although I guess this could be solved with longer respawn timers.

Also, on really deadlocked games, there is a risk-reward dynamic for hanging out AHEAD of the contested point to get a jump on capping the new point when it opens up.

What I would love to see is an interactive artillery call-in system, where players who ASSIST IN CAPTURING A POINT have a chance to earn an call-in barrage anywhere on the map except cap zones. If enemy snipers or tanks just keep hanging out on the same spot all game they could be wiped with a call-in.
  • Zytryx
    85 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Tanks can still spawn back as the team you are on can still spawn at all points that they have captured. It just the opposing team that can't cross farther back. So the more your team looses the less inbounds area you have and vice versa.

It just the center line that moves, kind of how you have to wait to advance in operations or are forced to retreat.
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sorta like in operations I guess.

I could see that.

Though I'm mixed. Like someone above said, deadlocked games are won by those hangers back. It's just awfully annoying to be shot in the back by them.
  • JesseA421
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i think it is just another aspect of the mode u have to deal with. great game mode.