The least used cross-class pistol is great! You should unlock it!

Rogue-N9
63 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited March 2017
Months after launch and the C93 is still the least used cross-class sidearm despite being a great option. Is it just because players are still not reaching lvl 10 on support?

Yes, of course the Kolibri is used less but there is a good reason for that ;-D

Follow up video with comparison to the MLE 1903
Post edited by Rogue-N9 on

Comments

• Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 2017
    Its because no one plays support.
    I've never seen a level 50 support in all my time, yet I see tankers/pilots and the other 3 classes at 50 almost every game.
  • JesseA421
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    there is plenty of lvl 50 supports m8 u dont get out much
  • DaMutha1
    1444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've been level 50 support for quite some time--still working on the other classes
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's a nice pistol. I use it all the time...it was/is my back to basics sidearm for every class.
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    JesseA421 wrote: »
    there is plenty of lvl 50 supports m8 u dont get out much
    I get out a lot. I just never see them in CQ matches unless I'm on TSNP maps.
    DaMutha1 wrote: »
    I've been level 50 support for quite some time--still working on the other classes

Good for you, I never get see them.
  • JesseA421
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    unless I'm on TSNP maps.

so u do in fact see them, just not within certain parameters.
    quality post m8.

• Phthinein
    JesseA421 wrote: »
    unless I'm on TSNP maps.

so u do in fact see them, just not within certain parameters.
    quality post m8.

I don't see level 50 ones.
    Thats all I am saying, on normal maps I dont even see a support that often anyways.
    Most are snipers or assault.
  • Lunati01
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm at 42 now. A couple more games and I'll hit the 50 mark.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it looks ugly. Dunno 'bout others, but yeah, I dislike the look of it immediately.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree it's a good weapon, can't use it because it's very unappealing to the eye. The c-96 is an iconic pistol and should be all class in my opinion. Also I'll take this opportunity to say once again all side arms should be on all classes.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I never could make myself like it. In every class, there is an option that I like better; even going outside my usual revolvers and into the actual pistols

Assault: Gasser/1903 Hammerless
    Scout: Bodeo. The end.
    Support: Repeiterpistole (sp?)
    Medic:C96
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    I never could make myself like it. In every class, there is an option that I like better; even going outside my usual revolvers and into the actual pistols

Can't say I'm into revolvers. If you haven't, I suggest trying out the Taschenpistole 1914 (or however you spell that) for the Medic. Having just got 20 Stars with the P08, I decided to try it out since it's basically the '"spammy pistol" for the Medic (1903 Hammerless for Assault, Modelle 1915 for Support and Frommer Stop for Scout) and it's pretty decent for that purpose. I'll probably go back to the P08 At some point, but for now, I'm enjoying the Taschen for quickly cutting down enemies.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Can't say I'm into revolvers. If you haven't, I suggest trying out the Taschenpistole 1914 (or however you spell that) for the Medic. Having just got 20 Stars with the P08, I decided to try it out since it's basically the '"spammy pistol" for the Medic (1903 Hammerless for Assault, Modelle 1915 for Support and Frommer Stop for Scout) and it's pretty decent for that purpose. I'll probably go back to the P08 At some point, but for now, I'm enjoying the Taschen for quickly cutting down enemies.

I'll have to give it a go.

I'm actually less of a fan of the Medic revolvers; even Auto revolver doesn't live up to the Bodeo.

I've been sticking with the C96; seems like a pretty solid ranged option for sidearm for Medic. I found myself needing to clean up a target with 1 more shot after running my 1906/8.35 dry; C96 works really well for that. Not the most damaging or fastest ROF, but it works.

I'll have to give the Taschen a go!
  • Desyatnik_Pansy

I'll have to give it a go.

I'm actually less of a fan of the Medic revolvers; even Auto revolver doesn't live up to the Bodeo.

I've been sticking with the C96; seems like a pretty solid ranged option for sidearm for Medic. I found myself needing to clean up a target with 1 more shot after running my 1906/8.35 dry; C96 works really well for that. Not the most damaging or fastest ROF, but it works.

I'll have to give the Taschen a go!

Range isn't exactly present on the Taschen (or any of the spam pistols IMO), but assuming you damage an enemy enough at some range (not talking 100m or something of course), you should totally be able to finish him with it easily.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's a good pistol just most don't like it or prefer other pistols

M1911 for example
  • thenotgeekygeek
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    it has the lowest damage of all the pistols in the game
  • TheSlipperyGimp
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I really like it. I've been using it since I unlocked it and I have about 350 kills with it and I am in no way a major pistol user but there is just something about the hip fire of this gun that just feels so right.
  • gtac10
    613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2017
    I have all the guns in the game, and I have used the c93 for about 3 hours. When I used it, it was utter garbage, each shot would block the sights, and the ttk was awful. Normally (since I main scout), I always have my handgun out. My final conclusions are that you'd be better off using the mle 1903 as a universal handgun instead
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    it has the lowest damage of all the pistols in the game

Has more damage then the Frommer stop
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Frommer stop is my baby