Has this game changed?

2»

Comments

• JTRIV1461
    49 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yes, Fort Vaux is nothing but grenade spam. While there may have been many grenades used in WWI there is nothing quite like the regenerating grenades being thrown up and down hallways and thru doorways and stairwells in both directions on Fort Vaux.
    Of the new maps Fort Vaux looks the coolest and plays the worst.

On the new maps I felt like a newbie for a while getting shot from all directions. As I learned the maps I pickup situational awareness and am not getting hit from surprising directions.
  • McBaffel
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Dave815 wrote: »
    Grenades were a major part of World War 1. There's nothing wrong with them in my opinion. Grenades have been in every battlefield game since they came out in 2001. (I started on battlefield 1942).

Yeah and you can even run away from them as the cook timer starts when trown not when pressing L1 which is a major bug imo

Coockable grenadas where pressent int the old ww2 shooters but nowadays it's not?

Plus want to reduce nade 'spam'? Make sure nades do friendly fire.

Come to thinn of it why the hell do explosions don't do teamdmg? It's a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ecplosion. Now everubody just trows their nades as the consequences are minimal.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fort Vaux is a great designed map but the regenerating grenades on a close combat map is a recipe for disaster. One door way or hallway with at least 10 players some support and assault can turn it into a nade storm. Constantly regenerating gas, incendiary,frag,impact nades and god knows what else. Grenades were used in ww1 but not in massive numbers and not by everyone. Auto regenerating grenades is the stupidest decision ever.
  • fisknyllet17
    1735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I don't think anyone is saying to remove nades. Just stop the spamming. So yes grenades were used in ww1, (who is disputing that?), but the soldiers probably didn't have a new one magically appear after a minute.
  • Lowigi
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It could just be because there is more "experienced" players playing at the moment but even played non DLC Premium maps and the same was happening but that was also heavily populated by Ranks 80+. Its just my skill level sucks and I've gone from being mostly more kills less deaths to less kills more deaths. Also appear to be shot from just about any and every angle.

Hi,

I consider myself as an average player, definitely not a good player. Until the new TSNP update, I managed to get K/D around 1 on weekly basis (+/- 10 hrs playing a week). My friends were getting similar and a little better scores. We all have premium.
    The last 2 weeks, all of us have a drop in K/D of about 10-20%, when we play on the new maps.
    This has, in my humble oppinion, nothing to do with bugs or technical issues of the game, but it's just the level of the players that is much higher on the new maps. I think most of the players that bought the premium pass, are dedicated and skilled players and so the level raises and us "average" players suffer from that.
    I hope to catch up with the aliens soon but another solution is: stick to the base maps for now, we manage just fine there.
    Hopefully a lot of people will buy the new DLC and soon the skill on the battlefield will level a bit again!

Grtz,

De_Stroik
  • Godhates1234
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    After the last patch the game is no fun to play. Players need lots of bullets to die and grenades and crossbow is most of the time damageing players. Grenade spam is all over the new maps. And then there is all the other issuses who has been worse after the patch. And why is it Dice dont like team balance? Join freinds is impossible. I always join another team or squad. Most of the time when i will join a game i have to wait in a queue. And then there are the loading time. Wow it takes long. Quickmatch failed. This still happen. Browser is not working probaly. It cant find servers i will play on. But when i use quickmatch its find servers easy. Im on PS4.
    Post edited by Godhates1234 on
  • 69GTOJudge
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think they just need to Limit Classes, 1 Class per Squad, and no Regenerating of anything! That will force Squad/Team Play, want 'Nades/Ammo? Then you had better stick with your Squad! Why the heck can't they do this? One Player Class per Team. Then, we wouldn't have Squads full of Snipers! It should at least be a Game Mode, or something
  • teamYAOWA
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The hit detection all of today has been really ridiculous. I dont know if it's just me or what but holy smokes it's been bad
  • Ben8D8over
    940 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    I get killed behind corners way more after the update. Sometimes so far behind a corner that it brings up the rage. The kill cam could be wrong however so it always keeps me guessing. In regards to the nades I don't think nades should be replenished at all. Fine that ammo get's replenished by ammo crates but not nades. If you thrown one then that's it, until you die spawn in and get a new one.

Of course nades should not replenish, just like other ammunition does not. Will that be the next one, bullets replenishing ? No, I don´t think so
    One per life would be good, and it should detonate with similar timer as they did in BF4

In my opinion the only maps suffering massively from nades are Argonne and Fort Vaux in 64 player Conquest, and Fort Vaux is not too bad outside, but inside, wow lol

You must also keep in mind when playing, that this is a more fun based game than BF4 was, and much less skill based.
    The skilled players don´t like this, but the unskilled which is the majority, does
    I must be all out of skills because I love this game, lol

I think JackFrags got it right

• sirghislandi
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    If you quit camping, nades won't fall in your lap. I've played so many games lately where I might have died from 1 nade a match. I don't understand how it's a huge problem unless you sit in one spot to long.

Pease post us a video of you playing Fort De Vaux where you die from only 1 grenade on a round. Video, or it never happened.

I played conquest on fort de voux earlier today and didn't die once from a grenade
  • digga11
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Game has changed and not for the better imo
    Getting shot round corners and from wierd angles. Menu super lags. Feels like game was better pre patch.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just played soissons. This game is nothing like it was nothing. Hit reg seems to be awful since the DLC update. Seems you can hardly move across any open ground without being spotted and insta shot. If it is just the "experienced" players playing with the 2 week early access premium than thank **** that it's nearly over and hopefully more normal players join when it's full release of the DLC.
  • matmo26
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree with many of you that this game has gotten hard to play , wether it's latency, frame rate, bullet detection or some unseen force. This game seemed to run more smoothly and actually looked better when it first came out. Frame rate at times seems like running in slow mo and others like your on crack. Plus the audio seems completely useless, as i can't tell you how many times a tank silently crept up behind me or a guy unloads magazine into my back at close range and all you hear is fh fh fh and you die. Or how about those trucks that run you over out of no where some how traveling faster than sound.
    I keep coming back and hoping it's fixed, and there were a few oh yeah moments when I found a "good" server , but those have become fewer and father between, and now with new issues like menu time lag, grenade respawn and general lack of hardcore servers, and non ea servers, I fear I will be playing less ,even with the new content. For those of us who dropped 100$plus on this game I think it's our right to complain about an inconsistent experience, we all clearly want it to be great but our initial experience has been ruined with fixes. Which for many of us means this is probably the last Battlefield in our collection. Hopefully Dice is paying attention to its fans and will fix the playability and overall performance.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only problem I have is the crazy blast radius of based. They should be re-labeled fatboy and little man.
  • JesseA421
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    learn to operate m8. find a clan to play with so u have a squad supporting you, like the people run trains on u and u having no way to combat it.
  • teamYAOWA
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree. Something hasn't felt right. Especially with the hit detection....