Let's give BF1

2»

Comments

• robmcewen
    2883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Love the game (9 days 15h 56m) I'm a bit burnt out at the moment so taking a little holiday from it by having a swim in Subnautica but I keep thinking "you know you should be playing BATTLEFIELD"

But DICE please add Air superiority, if you do I'll buy you lot some doughnut's
  • micovski73
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I am with you OP. Great game.
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    EmothicVH wrote: »
    The game did what no other game had the balls to do and that is go back to world war 1,

That is not quite correct. There are two games that came out about a year or so before Battlefield 1 that focuses on World War 1. One of the games is Verdun, of which focuses more on the 1914 - 1916 era of the war, and the mechanics of the game are more toward a simulation. The other game I cannot remember. It came out around the same time as Verdun, but development stopped because they couldn't compete with Verdun.

Besides, most video game developoers didn't really want to go into a World War 1 setting for the same reasons that the community is hasseling DICE with.

Yeah, but I don't think Verdun made it to console.
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Definitely the best BF since BC2 and 2142. However, I'm still disappointed with the overabundance and ubiquity of SMG's and Scoped weapons, not to mention the comical speed with which you can spam ADAD.

It's not really DICE's fault that everyone plays assault and scout.
    I agree with the sights being an odd choice, but hey this isnt a simulator or 100% accurate.
    Ian from Forgotten Weapons said it was a good starting base of a WWI game. The Great War Channel even wrote the codexs(or helped).
    If this was a realistic game then morphine couldnt revive a person and the sentry kit would die almost instantly.
  • BaconRebellion
    2423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game did what no other game had the balls to do and that is go back to world war 1,

That is not quite correct. There are two games that came out about a year or so before Battlefield 1 that focuses on World War 1. One of the games is Verdun, of which focuses more on the 1914 - 1916 era of the war, and the mechanics of the game are more toward a simulation. The other game I cannot remember. It came out around the same time as Verdun, but development stopped because they couldn't compete with Verdun.

Besides, most video game developoers didn't really want to go into a World War 1 setting for the same reasons that the community is hasseling DICE with.

It's on ps4 though I've never played it
  • Phthinein

I bet no one plays it there since it looks like a game from the PS2.
  • BaconRebellion
    2423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I bet no one plays it there since it looks like a game from the PS2.

Was gonna get it when it was on sale on day but after watching a stream of it, I decided no. It looked very dull graphically like a ps2 game, and looked very boring. I don't think I saw him shoot his rifle for a good 5 minutes or so
  • stuwooster
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yup, 425 hours in and i'm still smashing it hard. Awesome game!
  • Parasiten79
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Was a bit burned when dlc landed but now I as hooked as ever. I can play Devils anvil and conquer hell all day long.
    Best game in a very long time
  • marzmadness
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Was a bit burned when dlc landed but now I as hooked as ever. I can play Devils anvil and conquer hell all day long.
    Best game in a very long time
    Agreed deff one of my favorite games ever. Can't wait to get home from class to grind out battle fest even though I should be doing essays
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can't keep away from it.

At least 75% of my free time on my own is currently spent on it.
  • shikari2007
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    IMO no other console based game comes close atm, works out at around 30 pence/37 cents per hour for myself with a total of 304 hrs played, and that's just gonna keep going up :smile:
  • DaMutha1
    1158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    504 hours for me. Oops.
  • marzmadness
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DaMutha1 wrote: »
    504 hours for me. Oops.
    holy **** lol does anyone else's stats show conflicting numbers from the app and in-game? Btw drop your psns if your tryna squad up for battle fest

• crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Came out for PS4 August 30th. Xbone was delayed till 8th March. I still play it regularly though the 100+ Aussies that were playing it on launch day are no where to be seen and I'm not playing out of region. Just a match or two of Survival mode
  • BigWoofWoof
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Burned myself out after the DLC dropped, haven't played it since Saturday, but I fancy a wee game or 2 tonight