It's time to NERF Planes!!!

Comments

• SirBobdk
    3639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    @Feed4u
    It will change to 30, those triple and above no. Of kills are one run, don't forget that.
    So we are just back to the start where no one bothers to use fighter and all use attack plane/Bomber.
    It will be fun when dogfight disappear and all attack planes just farm infantry without having to worry about the fighter (irony)
    But no more threads about OP fighter at least:smile:
  • KorpusDraige
    2280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Feed4u
    It will change to 30, those triple and above no. Of kills are one run, don't forget that.
    So we are just back to the start where no one bothers to use fighter and all use attack plane/Bomber.
    It will be fun when dogfight disappear and all attack planes just farm infantry without having to worry about the fighter
    But no more threads about OP fighter :smile:

Why wouldn't the Fighter Plane still be a threat to the Attack Plane/Bomber Plane? It's still faster. It would only their own fault for not getting into a Fighter Plane to deal with the harassing Attack and Bomber Planes. I believe there shouldn't be 3 different classes of planes with the ability to all have the same targets.
  • SirBobdk
    3639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Feed4u
    It will be fun when dogfight disappear and all attack planes just farm infantry without having to worry about the fighter

Why wouldn't the Fighter Plane still be a threat to the Attack Plane/Bomber Plane? It's still faster. It would only their own fault for not getting into a Fighter Plane to deal with the harassing Attack and Bomber Planes. I believe there shouldn't be 3 different classes of planes with the ability to all have the same targets.

Just for the same reason no one use the MAA, it's all about kills and not teamplay, sadly but true.
  • Brachypelmatra
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    right now the trenchfigher reminds me of the jets from bf3. the only real counter is another figher taking it down. it is too fast to get serious damage from infantry, SAA guns are only a thread in conqest for them and getting an AA truck has always a big downside. at least in operations

example: you are playing operations faw. you are attacker and at the second sector. your team is getting only one of the much needed vehicles.
    at this stage you get 2 friendly and 3 enemy planes. your planes have to deal with 2 SAA so even if they are good they will have a hard time.

you can now pick the AA truck to make it even but then you still have to capture the flags. without a tank pushing hard into B this ends in a slaughter or a sniper camp party.

Result = Loose

this is just an example and appears only in operations but you have more situations like this

Attack planes and bombers can be pressured with infantry fire to force them at least for repairing. but these little trenchfuckers can stop pushes over and over again with their save bombing runs every 12 seconds

in my opinion instead of nerfing these things they should remove the darts completly.
    maybe make a kind of support plane with a flare/gas/smoke combo.

• SilkWildey
    1006 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Feed4u

This.

They're just angry DICE agreed and are trying to pretend like they're not bothered, the problem with the trench fighter it was too fast and agile like you said.

The attack plane CAN do much more damage to infantry but it's also about 20x easier to take down.
  • SirBobdk
    @Brachypelmatra wrote;
    right now the trenchfigher reminds me of the jets from bf3. the only real counter is another figher taking it down. it is too fast to get serious damage from infantry, SAA guns are only a thread in conqest for them and getting an AA truck has always a big downside
    This is what i like about BF. Your team have to make a choice. You can't have it all. If the other team have a god pilot you need to sacrifice a tank and the other way around.
  • MammiBoo
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @Feed4u

I appreciate your skills in bf4 you are on a superhuman level there, but I think you compare comp scene from bf4 with this casual game. As we know Cte is all about jokes without no sense of humour. It is the second patch where they buff infy primaries against planes while Mg from a damn fighter has to hit 100 times an infy to kill. After all it is a huge mg that can take out an armored plane but not human flesh. Where's logic there. As i see the tests, they are designed to nerf all planes under Tf reasoning apparently. Buffing Aa will make no entry zone for ap and bombers as well. And about your opinion that a fighter has to be a fighter, I couldnt agree more but that works only when on spawn places you have locked certain vehicles so players cant choose from. So atm in a pub can spawn 3 fighters one side and in the other team 3 bombers. So their air dominance would last 30 seconds till all bombers are rekted and afterwards will be forced either to bail or going in circles being totally useless waiting for enemy next respawn.

So the direction where those so called testers go is not only illogical but esentially not caring about game mechanics.
  • KorpusDraige
    2280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MammiBoo wrote: »
    @Feed4u

I appreciate your skills in bf4 you are on a superhuman level there, but I think you compare comp scene from bf4 with this casual game. As we know Cte is all about jokes without no sense of humour. It is the second patch where they buff infy primaries against planes while Mg from a damn fighter has to hit 100 times an infy to kill. After all it is a huge mg that can take out an armored plane but not human flesh. Where's logic there. As i see the tests, they are designed to nerf all planes under Tf reasoning apparently. Buffing Aa will make no entry zone for ap and bombers as well. And about your opinion that a fighter has to be a fighter, I couldnt agree more but that works only when on spawn places you have locked certain vehicles so players cant choose from. So atm in a pub can spawn 3 fighters one side and in the other team 3 bombers. So their air dominance would last 30 seconds till all bombers are rekted and afterwards will be forced either to bail or going in circles being totally useless waiting for enemy next respawn.

So the direction where those so called testers go is not only illogical but esentially not caring about game mechanics.

Thanks :). The choice to have 3 Fighter/Attack/Bomber Planes is another thing I never really cared much for either, to be honest. On one hand, it is nice to be playing with a friend or two and if they have a similar interest in the same plane variant, you both can be in it. However, it just takes away from game variety in my opinion. I feel like there is no real reason for both Fighter and Attack Planes to co-exist within the same map if they both have the same targets, with the exception Fighters being dominate in the sky as well (as they should). I just think some adjustments should be made... I'm not trying to suggest to rid the Fighter Plane's ability to attack ground units though, that should still be an option, just make it a bit more difficult than it currently is (because of it's supposedly sky intended role).
  • WarfareKiller41
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Agreed.
  • MammiBoo
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MammiBoo wrote: »
    @Feed4u

Thanks :). The choice to have 3 Fighter/Attack/Bomber Planes is another thing I never really cared much for either, to be honest. On one hand, it is nice to be playing with a friend or two and if they have a similar interest in the same plane variant, you both can be in it. However, it just takes away from game variety in my opinion. I feel like there is no real reason for both Fighter and Attack Planes to co-exist within the same map if they both have the same targets, with the exception Fighters being dominate in the sky as well (as they should). I just think some adjustments should be made... I'm not trying to suggest to rid the Fighter Plane's ability to attack ground units though, that should still be an option, just make it a bit more difficult than it currently is (because of it's supposedly sky intended role).

I have no issues taking down any AP when I use AP.
    I am not sure why you say should ve been harder killing with MG, cause right now even I have loads of kills with MG, it is terrible to use against infy and way harder than in BF4. I am looking at you AJ and any fighter jet in BF4, and about BF3 i dont even try to mention that game.(third person was also abused in those games as well) Let's not forget that BF4 had OPP you know me helicopters that even with amount of lock ons, controlled infantry all over the maps.

So I am pretty sure that devs thought about TF, like having a some kind of heli role now and then, and if you ask me they are right cause after nerfing speed and control of AP which is a little nimbler than bomber, still acts like an elephant in the skies.

I do not agree also about the hatred against pilots, when that hate is caused by wrong map designing. I played yesterday first time Rupture, which is a farming ground for TF's. All maps from dlc in my short experience are against infantry but aren't great for flying as well. Maps are considerably smaller than vanilla counterpart, with flags close one to another and positioned centered.(Soissons). This cause a funneled and shrinked way of fight where all infys gather in huge numbers in same loactions without any possibility to avoid being farmed by pilots.

So in my example I took on Rupture bomber killer and went 22-0kd, taking out wave after wave of TF's all by myself,(12 planes destroyed) and spending the whole game waiting for next plane respawn. Was a relatively decent game, but waiting for enemy planes is terrible. Of course, I had like 3 kills with rockets vs infy, all scouts camping at the edge of the map, but man, If i would have attacked C flag bridge when clustered, I think I would ve gone in many many killstreaks even with rockets that by default are trash vs ground, but I have mastered them. SO my point stays. If i would go with TF from the start, in the same amount of time I would have reached easily 75 kd, without trying. If you ask me is a bad designed map, and not players fault that they profit.

Air dominance is a must, but as a pilot in fighter what do you do in between enemy planes respawn? Play another game, quit or die out of boredom?
  • c_wong428HK
    59 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Again, buff Fighter MG damage to infantry with harder to use darts, killing infantry with MG takes skill and is not easily abused like darts.
  • SirBobdk
    PNS_SHOGUN wrote: »
    Again, buff Fighter MG damage to infantry with harder to use darts, killing infantry with MG takes skill and is not easily abused like darts.
    +1
  • Feed4u
    697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am beginning to think that majority of all infantry only players feel self entitled and that infantry should be able to 1v1 any vehicle if they have equal play time of infantry vs said person playing a vehicle.
  • Trokey66
    7796 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Feed4u wrote: »
    I am beginning to think that majority of all infantry only players feel self entitled and that infantry should be able to 1v1 any vehicle if they have equal play time of infantry vs said person playing a vehicle.

And of course Pretend Pilots aren't self entitled!

They don't think they should be immune to all but the most skilled of opponents and that ground players are nothing more than semi intelligent cannon fodder for them.

There was a thread on here a while back asking 'why all the pilot hate?' well, here's the answer.

• Feed4u
    697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

They don't think they should be immune to all but the most skilled of opponents and that ground players are nothing more than semi intelligent cannon fodder for them.

There was a thread on here a while back asking 'why all the pilot hate?' well, here's the answer.

Cause you are making complaints based on? What your getting farmed experience. The difference between most pilots and infantry only players is that they have perspective from at least two sides, unless the guy is a **** vehicle **** that only plays vehicles. If you play all 3 you get an even better perspective of the whole game. Which is why I always encourage players who play only infantry to try planes, if not tanks at least! It will really change your perception and understanding of the game.
  • SilkWildey
    1006 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They're not dropping darts anymore just tears.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Cause you are making complaints based on? What your getting farmed experience. The difference between most pilots and infantry only players is that they have perspective from at least two sides, unless the guy is a **** vehicle **** that only plays vehicles. If you play all 3 you get an even better perspective of the whole game. Which is why I always encourage players who play only infantry to try planes, if not tanks at least! It will really change your perception and understanding of the game.

Have you missed the bit where I have said that being complete dog egg at flying, I have achieved 1000% more kills in Trench Fighters than I did in both jets in BF4 over similar time?

I have tried all sides.

Farming infantry is to easy in BF1, simply press R2 over a flashing flag and profit.

To suggest anything else is ridiculous.

Goodluck with getting through that guy's fat thick skull..
  • Private_Bipod
    204 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    In all honesty here, I wouldn't mind if they completely removed the darts and buffed the MG against infantry, without any agility tweaks of course and without insane random spread.

But I suspect that even then people would go crazy on forums and moaning that fighters are still OP because it killed them once in 10 rounds.

The scenario than would be, since they're implementing platoons now the following;

One really great pilot in fighter plane covering his clan mate in an attack plane while attack plane farms the hell out of the enemy team.

Result?

Crying threads on the forums about attack plane now being OP and fighter plane being OP against any other plane.

It is never going to end, it didn't end in bf4 when they implemented those active radar missiles, nerfed the planes several times and it still wasn't enough.
    It would only stop if they completely removed planes or allowed infantry to oneshot kill the plane with their pistol.

And yes, I do agree that those darts are insanely imbalanced, they are quick to master from 3rd person and they spread to much.