What the hell is with all influx of noob campers all of a sudden?

krypticslaughtr
151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I mean I leave the game for barely a week to play mass effect and I come back to bullsht corner camping and games just filled with sub level 35 snipers.
Hell one game of all my deaths only TWO were from non snipers.

Its getting quite damn annoying trying to play and just getting killed by some **** sub 35 sitting in a corner, sitting out at bumfck with a sniper or camping in a tank on the corner of the map.
Literally ALL my games tonight were just this and nothing else.

Comments

• BoWinston
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    I noticed this quite a bit last night too. It felt very satisfying to unlock the Cogwheel Club after Clubbing a lot of them though.
  • Bossman1794
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What are you playing?

I only got the DLC about a day or two ago and holy crap are there a lot of campers on those maps. I think the kind of person that is invested enough to buy DLC is also likely to be a bit more "tryhard" (excuse the language) than on the stock maps and modes.
  • laracroft209
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    have fun with campers, t-bag them then knife them, blow them up, syringe, after a while maybe they learn that you can use those 2 little black sticks on a controller to actually move around the map ( yes that is a true, it's not just an urban legend )
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What the hell is with all influx of noob campers all of a sudden?

Spring clearance blowout sale on last years models....puts more noobs at your favorite camping sites.

• Dratt_Dastardly
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Funny, JackFrags (?) came out with a video yesterday where he was messing with snipers. Stabbing them, using dynamite or limpet, etc.

I'm not saying I don't hang back at times. But usually I need a break from spawning in hot areas and dying quickly. My goal right now is to have a 1v1 kill/death ratio. :)

I will say the new maps are very action packed at certain spots. It can be very intimidating to someone if you keep getting killed within ten seconds of spawning.
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We need something to unlock those dlc melees with anyways. Don't we?
  • Zozeberry
    205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I mean I leave the game for barely a week to play mass effect and I come back to bullsht corner camping and games just filled with sub level 35 snipers.
    Hell one game of all my deaths only TWO were from non snipers.

Its getting quite damn annoying trying to play and just getting killed by some **** sub 35 sitting in a corner, sitting out at bumfck with a sniper or camping in a tank on the corner of the map.
    Literally ALL my games tonight were just this and nothing else.

Fine with me, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.. or noobs with a Martin Henry. I kept killing this guy over and over again on FAO fortress because he kept going back to the exact same spot to snipe and i just picked him off time and time again, surely if they're camping in the same place it'd just make them easier to kill.
  • GiovannY-398
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What's wrong with them? Camping blueberries are easy to kill.
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    These things rarely happen for no reason. Assignments and medals lead to people playing strangely.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7007 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lol I played BF4 and BF1 for 1200 hours and the last 2 weeks the camping from my experience has been unprecedented. I think it's the design of Verdun and Fort de Vaux. I barely touched these maps now.

I know there are people who like to argue anything so for these pinheads I'll say camping is generally someone playing too cautiously that they would be satisfied going 5-0 in a 30 minute round, ANYTHING but dying.
  • dutch-defp
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Tansho wrote: »
    These things rarely happen for no reason. Assignments and medals lead to people playing strangely.

I agree and ad codex to it.
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    BoWinston wrote: »
    I noticed this quite a bit last night too. It felt very satisfying to unlock the Cogwheel Club after Clubbing a lot of them though.

Clubbing baby seals is morally wrong
  • Loqtrall
    12157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    let me guess, they're all headglitching too?
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    yep I see a lot of corner campers now, I'm running the assault class with the M1897 Trench gun to unlock the elite codex and keep seeing teammates hiding camping in corners with an LMG as I'm shooting at ranges that a shotgun is not suited to at, leaving me thinking if only someone had an LMG and was giving me a helping hand with them firing their gun
  • BoWinston
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BoWinston wrote: »

Clubbing baby seals is morally wrong

:D I know, but it's so much fun.
  • krypticslaughtr
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So Im not the only one that noticed this then.
  • Temp1st
    2464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I mean I leave the game for barely a week to play mass effect
    I feel sorry for you : /