Any of you server owners lost server popularity since the new UI update?

Comments

• Osc4rM1ke
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited March 2017
    Not here in Europe so far,for example yesterday (Monday morning) our server was full plus we had like 9 players waiting in queue so all good here.
  • Ipwn222
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Salty admins should always have trouble filling servers, good job update :)
  • Ipwn222
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The_Wilgis wrote: »
    Yep, its hard to get the servers going after the new UI.
    Some days it get filled (more late then before the new UI though) and some days its not filling at all. :(

Maybe its because you ban most of the players that come on ? glad to hear your having trouble though :-)

• DIRTYGreeny
    661 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited March 2017
    Quick update: It seems to be doing well enough now, I'm feeling satisfyed that its still worth while keeping. Looks like I'm still out of some dough each month for it :smile:
  • Remiflop
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What settings or quick match are you guys running? Our server can't get seeded in the morning anymore. Was no problem a week ago. I notice other servers have same problems (Bamboobar, Oaks etc.).

I just tested QuickMatch in new UI and it seems to direct only to OFFICIAL servers only, unlike Battlelog that allows you to quickmatch to ranked.
  • renesweb74
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Like ever ranked servers has disadvantages/ discrimnations in relation to Official server where nobody can administrate. We has CLASSIC Setting and ranked.
  • GUNNY1966
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The new UI was purposely designed to eradicate the population of the BATTLEFIELD4 servers so new users would only see the BATTLEFIELD1 crap! If you've noticed they fully intended to do this purposely to push the sales of BATTLEFAIL1 & in doing so have pissed off the community whom could care less about BATTLEFAIL1 ( FACT )!
  • UnderseaAcademic
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I see less and less people logging into Battlelog but are logged into origin, I am sure there are loads of people who think battlelog is gone and they have to use the new UI. On a side note i wish they would stop using Blog for BF4 NEWS as a BF1 promotion tool.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2017
    Remiflop wrote:
    I just tested QuickMatch in new UI and it seems to direct only to OFFICIAL servers only, unlike Battlelog that allows you to quickmatch to ranked.

BF4 Quick Match only serves "Official".

Noted here in black and white: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/ROC/US/en/PC/BF4

• Remiflop
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Remiflop wrote:

BF4 Quick Match only serves "Official".

Noted here in black and white: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/ROC/US/en/PC/BF4

Yup. Just like BF1, but with Battlelog we have this: http://i.imgur.com/jm3Kbw1.jpg

There is no such setting in the new UI. This is greatly affecting server seeding. I don't think I need to tell you how server seeding is in BF1 for ranked/custom servers. So what do you think is gonna happen with BF4 servers in the long run? Do we have to go Official to survive? :pensive:
  • Rev0verDrive
    6710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Battlelog will be around until they sunset BF4's master servers....around 2020-2022.
  • UnderseaAcademic
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Battlelog will be around until they sunset BF4's master servers....around 2020-2022.

Dont be so sure !, they are constantly looking at ways to reduce workload at Uprise, who, look after Battlelog, Trust me they could drop it tomorrow if they wanted to now the new UI is in place. If that ever happens im done with everything Dice / EA has to offer.
  • The_Wilgis
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Other games still use battlelog so battlelog will not go anywhere soon.
  • Rev0verDrive

Dont be so sure !, they are constantly looking at ways to reduce workload at Uprise, who, look after Battlelog, Trust me they could drop it tomorrow if they wanted to now the new UI is in place. If that ever happens im done with everything Dice / EA has to offer.

Well Battlelog was the original start up method and interface tied to the EULA etc. Beyond that BL is tied directly to MOH, BF3 and BFH as well. If they drop BL, they are officially sunsetting 3 other titles.
  • GUNNY1966
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Well Battlelog was the original start up method and interface tied to the EULA etc. Beyond that BL is tied directly to MOH, BF3 and BFH as well. If they drop BL, they are officially sunsetting 3 other titles.

True but other titles make them NO $$$$
  • Rev0verDrive
    GUNNY1966 wrote: »

True but other titles make them NO $$$$

Yet, they are legally liable to keep the other titles up/available for X amount of time. BFH should sunset after BF4... Technically.
  • UnderseaAcademic
    Why do you think its says "BF Hardline" coming soon in the new UI ?
  • Rev0verDrive
    Why do you think its says "BF Hardline" coming soon in the new UI ?

Hahahahaaaa, Soon™ .... You're actually going to use a DICE "Soon™" statement as a pillar in an argument?
  • Frogtooth
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yet, they are legally liable to keep the other titles up/available for X amount of time. BFH should sunset after BF4... Technically.
    Are they legally required to fix game-breaking bugs? Sure would be "convenient" for them if everybody basically had to stop playing BF4 because no servers can stay up.
  • Rev0verDrive
    Frogtooth wrote: »
    Are they legally required to fix game-breaking bugs? Sure would be "convenient" for them if everybody basically had to stop playing BF4 because no servers can stay up.

To a degree they are bound to fix "game-breaking" bugs. Who defines said bugs as "game-breaking" is another story. Yet, when you do purchase a game it's pretty much as is. Just ask Hello Games.