Alpha question. Whats the TTk like?

PottyScottie
251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Is more like bfh or bf4?
Ty in advance

Comments

• Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't quote me but it does seem to be lower than BF4. Scout BA's have OHK sweet spots. Medic DMR's have a wide range of 3 hit kills. etc.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Don't quote me but it does seem to be lower than BF4. Scout BA's have OHK sweet spots. Medic DMR's have a wide range of 3 hit kills. etc.

Are we not quoting you on this because you aren't sure, or are we not quoting you on this because you haven't played it yet?
  • cweberling
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I haven't played BF4 is a long time. But the TTK in BF4 was entirely inconsistent for SO long I don't even know how to compare it.

I like Hardline though. Wouldn't mind it if it was like that....also wouldn't mind it if it was a little slower.

From the footage I keep going back and forth. Sometimes it looks like their unloading and doing little to no damage....other times it looks about right.

Can't wait to find out when I can play the beta.
  • PottyScottie
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone else whos played alpha able to chime in?
  • LeeJayBird
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I haven't played it yet, but watching a few videos of other players and their thoughts about the game, it seems the overall TTK will be longer due to the inaccuracy of the weapons. The weapons are not as accurate as they are in BF4 and even the first shot seems to suffer from random deviation. The bullets to kill and damage scaling may be the same, but if your bullets aren't on point, even with good aim, it will take longer to kill your enemy.
  • eztarget77
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Shorter than BF4. Longer than BFH.
  • YouAintGood
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    Real gamers play hardcore mode anyways with lower health... Only scrubs plays the wallhack-spot-mode.
  • xROLLIN_STON3x
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Real gamers play hardcore mode anyways with lower health... Only scrubs plays the wallhack-spot-mode.

Think you'll find the best players are in core mode on any platform. Also whats with this real gamers bs?

• KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Seems like the ttk is low, but there are way more factors involved with most kills. Positioning and correct engagement range based on your gun is huge.
  • Metallicat95
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 2016
    Slower than both games for most weapons.

The BF1 weapons have lower firing rates or damage, and lower accuracy. The latter doesn't directly affect the time to kill itself, but it is much harder to get all shots on target at range.

Automatico M1918 SMG is the winner for fastest time to kill, with 900 RPM firing rate. 333ms under 3 meters. Similar to the P90/MPX. Damage dropoff is extremely sharp beyond 3 meters.

MP18 at 550 RPM gets you 545ms to kill at close range. Slower to kill than PP2000.

Madsen LMG is slightly slower at 540 RPM, the other LMGs are even slower than that. The semiauto rifles give you a kill time comparable to the slower LMGs, but can do so at longer ranges if you are accurate. All much slower than any modern weapon.

TTK calculated by bullets required to reach 100 HP damage, not average.

Shotguns and snipers will kill faster, because of one hit kills and higher bullet velocities.

Since everyone else also has relatively slower weapons, it evens out. The SMGs are not as fast at close combat hip fire run and gun kills as the best weapons from BF4 or BFH.
  • Eiluaq
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    Not really sure, I've always played HC mode as I feel it takes to long to kill, 2-4 bullets should kill someone centre-mass. Not half a clip..

TTk in my opinion is to long! But I've never been one for normal! Bring on HC for BF1
  • jelliedsoup
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Meh each to their own.
  • jelliedsoup
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just hope one shot kills in the leg or arm don't happen.
  • S1ngular1ty
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Longer and more casual
  • DrVeloxcity
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    eztarget77 wrote: »
    Shorter than BF4. Longer than BFH.

Sounds like the perfect balance. BF4's was too long, and BFH's can be short at times.