Solving the camper problem

Comments

• Matty101yttam
    1128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    Short of restricting kits i'm against anything that forces people to play a certain way.
    I favour encouraging people to not play conquest if they are going to camp, by a sniper game-mode i suggested here: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/92307/sniping-game-mode#latest

Encouraging the hide and hunt players AKA campers to play a mode tailored just for them would get them away from conquest while still leaving the regular conquest mode open to more active snipers that try to help out more.
  • Thunderbolt19996
    603 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you want to go on the realistic road,then also smgs should be limited since 99% of mans used rifles.But since you are blinded by your will to tryhard,I'll explain why your idea is redicolous and will never be considered.

First,scopes and sights are a personal preference.You can shoot better with irons,I love scopes to have a better sight of the target.The variant of the weapon do not affect his playstile.

Second:as an attacker,snipers make no sense.Totally right.An smg is better than a ba in a CQB situation,thanks Captain Obvious.The major focus,tho, is PERSONAL choices.INDIVIDUAL choices.What the single player wants to do and what entertains him,not what some salty tryharder wants him to do to achieve greater efficiency.I'm not gonna sprayng down people with an automatico,nor cheesing them with a rain of granades.I use my ba because it's the hardest weapon to use in close fights.It's a bad choice?Sure,but I like the challenge,and i rather have a challenge than have a meaningless victory.

Some others might just want to have fun sniping people at range.They have every right to do so.Sure sometimes you lose for them...so?Change lobby and move on.

The freedom of the player is crucial.No one has a right to tell people how to play,since there is no right and wrong way to play when it comes to entertainment.If you want and group with people to ptfo,join a platoon,they're coming.But you're just delusional if you think that people gonna stop having fun with the game just because others want to tryhard.I bought my game,you yours:you have your objectives,I mine,just like anyone else.Why people should help you,when you locked 75% of the guns if the game just because "Everyone that doesn't play like me suck?"...Yeah,nice teamwork right there.I should tell you to git gud rather than cryng here,but you're too entitled to see your mistakes.
  • disposalist
    8680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Short of restricting kits i'm against anything that forces people to play a certain way.
    I favour encouraging people to not play conquest if they are going to camp, by a sniper game-mode i suggested here: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/92307/sniping-game-mode#latest

Encouraging the hide and hunt players AKA campers to play a mode tailored just for them would get them away from conquest while still leaving the regular conquest mode open to more active snipers that try to help out more.
    Duck hunting isn't fun if the ducks shoot back though.
  • DavTan
    772 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just throwing this idea out there.
    Get rid of the kd stat except for tdm and pigeons.

Seems a lot of people think campets are doing it, in order to "pad" k/d.
    Would removing it on objective heavy gamemodes help.?
    Perhaps they should experiment by introducing it on ops or fl because pushing forward is very important in those modes.

• Thunderbolt19996
    But k/d is important to understand how well you're doing.Sure,someone plays just to pad it,but for people like me k/d is the stat that tells how well I'm playng while ptfoing.Doing good it's not just going rambo and dyng ten times to take the objective,that's only wasting tickets.In order to do good you have to cap AND kill enemyes,so make points and have a positive k/d.
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In addition to calvary, occasionally let players spawn as an "officer". If any player remains too far away from an enemy flag for too long, they are marked as deserters and the officer is allowed to execute them. Each execution gives the officer extra health/damage and the ability to boost players PTFOing. When the officer enters a capture-zone, he gives any teammate also in the zone increased health, ammo regeneration, and sprint speed.

I'm being sarcastic, of course, but wouldn't this be cool in a kinda TF2 way?

Actually a good idea minus the boosts. No one gets any advantage, sniper gets a minus kill on his beloved stats but it didn't affect the team, then actually not a bad idea. Would need a safety buffer of sorts to deter out right sniper abuse though, lol.
  • DavTan
    772 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But k/d is important to understand how well you're doing.Sure,someone plays just to pad it,but for people like me k/d is the stat that tells how well I'm playng while ptfoing.Doing good it's not just going rambo and dyng ten times to take the objective,that's only wasting tickets.In order to do good you have to cap AND kill enemyes,so make points and have a positive k/d.

Is spm not enough for you to see how well you're doing
  • Thunderbolt19996
    DavTan wrote: »

Spm can be padded easily just by backcapping flags at the edge of the map.Capping zones is not all the work,it's just half of it.You have to cap and win fights with the enemy.That's why kd is usefull:It shows how many mistakes you make.
  • DavTan

Spm can be padded easily just by backcapping flags at the edge of the map.Capping zones is not all the work,it's just half of it.You have to cap and win fights with the enemy.That's why kd is usefull:It shows how many mistakes you make.

I think you may be missing my point.... Spm can't be padded by campets which is what the threads about.
    People complaining about campers who don't push forward in objective gamemodes and exploring an answer to that.
    I think people are seeing the problem far more in ops, rush and fl.
    Your above post seems to be talking about cql.
  • Thunderbolt19996

I think you may be missing my point.... Spm can't be padded by campets which is what the threads about.
    People complaining about campers who don't push forward in objective gamemodes and exploring an answer to that.

It's indeed harder to boost spm in those modes(except maybe frontline since there is no forced retreat),but my point still stand.Do you think that removing k/d will magically make campers push forward?It's a stat tracked also in battletracker and generally in every player stats.They may not know how many kills they have in a game,but they can check their general stats to see it.The short of the stick only goes to does that ptfo with an eye for their performance.Camping is a playstile,not only created by k/d boosters,but also by those that simply don't like cqb situation.The only solution to it would be to make cap zones far bigger,allowing to everyone to cap them at their preferred range.
  • DavTan

It's indeed harder to boost spm in those modes(except maybe frontline since there is no forced retreat),but my point still stand.Do you think that removing k/d will magically make campers push forward?It's a stat tracked also in battletracker and generally in every player stats.They may not know how many kills they have in a game,but they can check their general stats to see it.The short of the stick only goes to does that ptfo with an eye for their performance.Camping is a playstile,not only created by k/d boosters,but also by those that simply don't like cqb situation.The only solution to it would be to make cap zones far bigger,allowing to everyone to cap them at their preferred range.

It wouldn't be in battletracker or whatever because it wouldn't be in the gamemode.... I'm not suggesting it is only removed from scoreboard but those particular push forward type objective modes.
    Do I think it would "magically" make them push forward?...... Yeah maybe it would, which is why I suggested an experiment on ops.
    But whatever.... It was just a thought.
  • MsieurLeodagan
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017

They will continue to play in conquest : during conquest flags, easy for campers to kill, the campers will still choose the kill easy

Yea. Today map Verdun, opposite team dominated. We had only flag E because in my team many snipers in E and base to camp. No attack, no play flags.
    Opposite team good teamplay, our team ruined by many campers. Game over. Somtimes the guys do not want to play flags.
  • trip1ex
    4957 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    For Frontlines: Put a timer on every player. It would work like the out of bounds timer where you are shot for being a deserter. In this case, you're shot in the back by your commander for being a coward if you aren't advancing. The only exception is if you're injured then you can sit and heal to 75% before your commander tells you to advance once again and the timer restarts. The timer shuts off when you're in the flag zone or when you're advancing. The timer would be 5-10 sec.

Creating a PTFO mode that removed K/D would help.

Identify campers (voluntarily or automatically) and putting equal amounts on both sides would help.

Sniper slots. And then making it so you have to earn sniper time by playing the objective. Do this with vehicles too.
  • Thunderbolt19996
    trip1ex wrote: »
    For Frontlines: Put a timer on every player. It would work like the out of bounds timer where you are shot for being a deserter. In this case, you're shot in the back by your commander for being a coward if you aren't advancing. The only exception is if you're injured then you can sit and heal to 75% before your commander tells you to advance once again and the timer restarts. The timer shuts off when you're in the flag zone or when you're advancing. The timer would be 5-10 sec.

Identify campers (voluntarily or automatically) and putting equal amounts on both sides would help.

Sniper slots. And then making it so you have to earn sniper time by playing the objective. Do this with vehicles too.

Again:the commander would be the one getting a bullet if he orders a sniper to do the assault job.Sniper slots?Then we'll need also Support,assault and medic slots,and we should start only with a pistol.I agree with a previous post:all this hate comes from the fact that snipers are not easy prays like the others.
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The entire topic of limiting a play style is ridiculous in a game that actively requires ridiculous, selfish play styles for most of its medals and even weapon unlocks.
  • JohnMatrix666
    1255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2017
    This thread is still a thing? Now I might have to go find me a game of rush or frontlines and hump hills for three hours straight just because I can. Also because it seems to annoy people and I'm all about being as annoying as possible. I've never actually hill humped before because I have the attention span of a goldfish when it comes to things as tedious as long range sniping but seeing how much buttsore it can cause in friends and foes alike, it just might be worth it.
  • Thunderbolt19996
    edited April 2017
    This thread is still a thing? Now I might have to go find me a game of rush or frontlines and hump hills for three hours straight just because I can. Also because it seems to annoy people and I'm all about being as annoying as possible. I've never actually hill humped before because I have the attention span of a goldfish when it comes to things as tedious as long range sniping but seeing how much buttsore it can cause in friends and foes alike, it just might be worth it.

Could not agree with you more.The whole game is about annoyng others...that's why it's good to do a good score with a lot of kills:you know that on the other team someone is tilting.The whole idea of limiting personal choices for the sake of the team is senseless:teamwork is a choice,not a chore.
  • JohnMatrix666
    1255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    But seriously, I'm paying to play this game and not the other way around so I kind of expect to be able to do whatever the **** I want on the public servers as long as I'm not cheating/exploiting glitches/whatever, most of the time I'll play the objective but if I want to mess around, I'll mess around. As soon as I start getting payed to play in a certain way, I will.
  • trip1ex
    4957 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017

Again:the commander would be the one getting a bullet if he orders a sniper to do the assault job.Sniper slots?Then we'll need also Support,assault and medic slots,and we should start only with a pistol.I agree with a previous post:all this hate comes from the fact that snipers are not easy prays like the others.

lol. You just outlined why we need sniper slots. IT's because snipers can't do the assaults job and take objectives. And the whole point of an objective mode is to take objectives.

• Thunderbolt19996

lol. You just outlined why we need sniper slots. IT's because snipers can't do the assaults job and take objectives. And the whole point of an objective mode is to take objectives.

But the tactic is far more than throw 32 soldiers on the objectives.Supporting and spotting is a thing too.Not to mention that you are no one to tell others how to play,objective mode or not.