Tanker drivers - please take note!

Removed11322
738 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited April 2017
For the love of God, please select the breakthrough variant. It's canons are so much ch more effective to man. If you run one of those, at least your gunners have a chance of taking out infantry with the small window of opportunity you're likely to give them.
The standard machine guns are **** poor.

Comments

• ArmordSaint001
    133 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    if you have a group of friends to man the cannons its an wrecking machine if not its a defenseless grenade magnet
  • Maurgrim
    258 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    HE shells help your team far more than AP shells due to simple reason you can kill infantry and blow up houses faster, hence your clear out cap zones faster than focusing on a odd tank here and there, besides assult class players take out tanks faster than another tank, so yeah breakthru tank are kinda useless compare to assult tank.
  • Removed11322
    edited April 2017
    Maurgrim wrote: »
    HE shells help your team far more than AP shells due to simple reason you can kill infantry and blow up houses faster, hence your clear out cap zones faster than focusing on a odd tank here and there, besides assult class players take out tanks faster than another tank, so yeah breakthru tank are kinda useless compare to assult tank.

The main gun isn't for hitting infantry. It's the gunners job to clear infantry if only the role was more gratifying. The problem is, selfish drivers turning their tank to hit troops when I've already got them under fire, or even worse not even giving you a chance by facing you toward known areas of enemy traffic.
    When I drive, I use breakthrough and point my gunner at the infantry and only fire the main canon at those in MY direction of aim. If a tank shows up, I spot it and engage and angle so that both I and my gunner can hit it
    I've kept breakthroughs aliv for ages doing this and the result is you also get gunners that want to sit in your empty seats and help you out.
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'd rather not. The seats end up empty too often, overheated from shooting bushes on the way to the fight, engaging the wrong target, or abandoned after the first hit comes in. I'll take the most effective gun against the most numerous type of targets that I can control and if there happens to be gunners, lucky coincidence. If one seems competent, I'll usually not turn to take an infantry target on the flank, but that's pretty rare.
  • boutneus
    2475 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You can't rely on random gunners to help you out, if you have any at all. FACT!
  • Removed11322
    Therein lies the problem. Maybe if you tried to be unselfish first, you may be repaid in kind. Someone has to take the first step.

If not, you've only lost one tank on a video game.
  • boutneus
    If I want teamwork I'd rather use the support landship. It can do well both on its own and has a high chance of getting people to help you stay alive. While they get kills and health/ammo you rack up points and kills. Win/win. Don't use it on maps with bombers around though, lol
  • Removed11322
    boutneus wrote: »
    If I want teamwork I'd rather use the support landship. It can do well both on its own and has a high chance of getting people to help you stay alive. While they get kills and health/ammo you rack up points and kills. Win/win. Don't use it on maps with bombers around though, lol

That's a good point. Love getting in that with a good driver who appreciates I can help out, but again, that's not often.
  • boutneus
    Support landship is and absolute beast in taking down behemoth trains. I can probably do it within 1 minute. Disable the first or first 2 turrets from afar. Then get next to it and it cant do **** while assaults and supports pop out your tank with ammo and health. And your 2 cannons and main do the rest.
    Also good is flametank, while you drive up and down next to the train. Parts get disabled by fire and behemoth is down in no time. But only 1 cannon though
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    But the breakthrough variant doesn't have HE shells for the main gun. How are they ever going to farm infantry kills without HE?

Exactly this^ most tankers are lonewolfs on a mission to raise their kdr.