Weekly BF

For anyone who's having KD trouble in BF1

124»

Comments

• Skipp3rUA
    408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If youre having trouble getting an overall positive KD in BF1. Its pretty easy to fix,
    Few options. -Use the Heavy Tank as much as possible, & try to stay around the outskirts of the objectives. & hit the enemies from a medium distance. Pick them off & stay at a safe distance, not too far but not too close & if your tank health goes below like 60% quickly drive to a quiet spot & repair. I've gone 30-0 easy doing this. & the more you practice with the tank the better you'll get.
    Or use the Pilot, Trench-fighter plane, with practice with that you can also go 30-0 over time once you're used to it.
    That, or just camp with the LMGs or snipers & pick people off. Running & gunning usually isn't the best option but works for some. Still I'd recommend the Heavy tank more than anything.

Nobody cares k/d, points ratio in games like Battlefield 1., because is totally just for fun game (No pro/semi-pro, no esport support; no matchmaking, like for example in CS:GO). So You can play Battlefield just for fun only.
  • KeithxSavage
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I should have put this with the comment but I forgot. Its obvious info though.
    If you go to gameplay options & turn down the sensitivity a few points. It makes it a bit easier to sniper & helps with LMGs some to
  • PaintedFanatic
    702 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you go to gameplay options & turn down the sensitivity a few points. It makes it a bit easier to sniper & helps with LMGs some to

Suuure, let this terrible thread die
  • KeithxSavage
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Suuure, let this terrible thread die

Nevoooorrrr
  • Phoenux289
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    OMFG OP, you're the stupidest person I've ever met on this forum! We have already enough of these tank hill campers and trench fighters. ****, same as arty trucks at each side of the **** map.

And K/D, we are not in call of duty for **** sake. It's about FUN and WIN! I can garantee that with only revives and heals, resupplies and spot, I can get mor points than you **** noob.
  • DarthHazard2
    26 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you care about K/D Battlefield games aren't for you. GO back to COD where you belong
  • TwinWoIf
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well played, OP.

The Dead Sea would be jealous.
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Just checked, my K/D is wretched. If I wasn't so ready to sacrifice that stat to sit on a contested cap for longer than is a good idea to offer the chance for spawns, junk it for medals requirements, splatter it learning to fly (that was funny stuff), or sometimes trying four different routes before getting to a camping artillery truck I'd worry about improving it.

Also, there really isn't a true K/D stat out there for BF1 that I know of. Until they actually count deaths without deducting revives from the total there won't be. So lone wolfing also hurts as you have to rely on random medics.

Point to this ramble? Fun playing > K/D. Don't worry about it unless it's really, really your thing.
  • TwinWoIf
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Tansho wrote: »
    Just checked, my K/D is wretched. If I wasn't so ready to sacrifice that stat to sit on a contested cap for longer than is a good idea to offer the chance for spawns, junk it for medals requirements, splatter it learning to fly (that was funny stuff), or sometimes trying four different routes before getting to a camping artillery truck I'd worry about improving it.
    I feel you. That's part of the beauty of Battlefield for me. There are many ways to contribute to the win besides plain slaying.

I remember playing playing BF4 with a broken hand; I could still use the MAV, play as commander and repair helicopters from the inside (and still reach the top of the scoreboards).

I don't think it's fair to bash anyone for having a bad K/D unless you play a gamemode like TDM, which primarily revolves around killing and not dying (even still, you can contribute with revives/spotting/resupplies/heals).
  • KeithxSavage
    People keep saying KD doesn't matter in BF & that its only a COD thing...but if that was the case they wouldn't show the kills/deaths at the end of every match, plus display the KD ratio on the battlelog records. Its still a part of the game. But yea, heavy tanks planes & turning down the sensitivity are the 3 best to get a better kd
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People keep saying KD doesn't matter in BF & that its only a COD thing...but if that was the case they wouldn't show the kills/deaths at the end of every match, plus display the KD ratio on the battlelog records. Its still a part of the game. But yea, heavy tanks planes & turning down the sensitivity are the 3 best to get a better kd

I agree that a total package of stats can tell you whether someone is good or not. If someone mains conquest and has a 600 spm and a 5 kd they probably never actually contribute to their team winning. It's all very subjective and very flawed because stats aren't broken down by mode.
  • Feed4u
    697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    TwinWoIf wrote: »
    Tansho wrote: »
    I feel you. That's part of the beauty of Battlefield for me. There are many ways to contribute to the win besides plain slaying.

I remember playing playing BF4 with a broken hand; I could still use the MAV, play as commander and repair helicopters from the inside (and still reach the top of the scoreboards).

I don't think it's fair to bash anyone for having a bad K/D unless you play a gamemode like TDM, which primarily revolves around killing and not dying (even still, you can contribute with revives/spotting/resupplies/heals).

Can't agree less, recently I have played a lot more of team support style(tank repair man dropping resupply crates on objectives we capture, or safe points on the way to objectives, already top 50 globally in repairs) rather than aiming for kills and KDR, surprisingly my win rate has actually gone up while my KDR has seriously taken a tanking.
    I agree you should not K/D is not so important in other modes other than TDM. I feel more impact supporting a pro tanker in comparison to being a solo infantry in Conquest. Repairing him usually leads to having him kill opposing teams tanks(due to repair advantage), which than snowballs us into having a real advantage for 2 full minutes, having 1 armor asset more than our opponents.
    edit: Same reason why I prefer bomber over TF, as TF sure you may kill many infantry and have a lot of kills, however as a bomber I may not get as many kills and die far more often, but I am literally deleting opposing teams tanks off the map for 2 minutes, and that has far more impact than simply farming infantry for KDR.
  • PaintedFanatic
    702 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Turning down your sensitivity helps your aim... Not really your "K/D"
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

How can turning down the sensetivity help? You should always try to set it as high as you can handle.
  • PaintedFanatic

How can turning down the sensetivity help? You should always try to set it as high as you can handle.

I always have a really high sensitivity while not aiming, and a really slow ADS speed
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I always have a really high sensitivity while not aiming, and a really slow ADS speed

I don´t have a really high sens but I use 77% ADS.
    You can´t give the advice to genrally turn down the sens, since most player are playing on a sens wich is already to low..