The american forces were actually the most influential

brenda1001
286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
now there has been a lot of people saying that the Americans shouldn't be in the game because they joined the war later than anyone else, but what you must realize is it's not about how long the Americans were in the war it was the fact they pretty much ended WW1.

now if you are not understanding, the American forces in WW1 had some very smart people leading assaults. not only did the American forces have smart people, but they also had the energy advantage over any of the allies. this isn't mean to stir up anything it's just fact the Americans weren't worn out because they weren't in the war until the end.

you may also not know, but the Argonne Offensive was very influential to the end of the war. the idea of pushing the Argonne forest was to break the german line and the plan did that pretty well.

so although the Americans were not in the war as long as the other allies, they did have a huge part in ending WW1. probably the biggest.

Comments

• jjsf24
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    brenda1001 wrote: »
    now there has been a lot of people saying that the Americans shouldn't be in the game because they joined the war later than anyone else, but what you must realize is it's not about how long the Americans were in the war it was the fact they pretty much ended WW1.

now if you are not understanding, the American forces in WW1 had some very smart people leading assaults. not only did the American forces have smart people, but they also had the energy advantage over any of the allies. this isn't mean to stir up anything it's just fact the Americans weren't worn out because they weren't in the war until the end.

you may also not know, but the Argonne Offensive was very influential to the end of the war. the idea of pushing the Argonne forest was to break the german line and the plan did that pretty well.

so although the Americans were not in the war as long as the other allies, they did have a huge part in ending WW1. probably the biggest.

Dude........it matters but from marketing standpoint the videogame industry biggest market is in USA they had to include them lol i think france/russia shouldvd been in game from start as they were major contendors throughout the whole war ( russia they had their revolution in 1917)

I think Italy and US shouldve been DLC factions because the US joined late, and italy isnt comparable to the France and Russia. Just my opinion

However the game is made and dlc is planned so here we are, doesnt matter now.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Also didn't Italy switched sides on Germany both world wars? I know who Germany won't invite next time.
  • brenda1001
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2017
    jjsf24 wrote: »

Dude........it matters but from marketing standpoint the videogame industry biggest market is in USA they had to include them lol i think france/russia shouldvd been in game from start as they were major contendors throughout the whole war ( russia they had their revolution in 1917)

I think Italy and US shouldve been DLC factions because the US joined late, and italy isnt comparable to the France and Russia. Just my opinion

However the game is made and dlc is planned so here we are, doesnt matter now.

again, it doesn't matter that they joined the war late it matters that the Americans essentially broke the stalemate. without America the war would have been way longer. the Americans were one of the most important factions in WW1.
  • brenda1001
    crabman169 wrote: »
    mXyupD1.gif

I implore you to read a few books

i got all of this information from my history class so i dont know what the hell you are trying to say.
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Where are all these people saying Americans shouldn't be in the game? You saying that is the first I heard of it.
  • brenda1001
    edited April 2017
    Where are all these people saying Americans shouldn't be in the game? You saying that is the first I heard of it.

i guess you havent been in the youtube comments and im guessing you are new to the forums.
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

i guess you havent been in the youtube comments and im guessing you are new to the forums.

Who reads youtube comments? And no, not new but please enlighten me on all these people on the forums who say this.
  • A1337chicken
    464 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @ OP

pls watch this entire youtube channel

https://youtube.com/user/TheGreatWar
  • brenda1001

Who reads youtube comments? And no, not new but please enlighten me on all these people on the forums who say this.

before the game came out people were saying it.
  • Riddenivory
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not saying the Americans didn't deserve to be in the game - but if anyone should have shipped in the base game, it should've been the French and the Russians. They were in it from the start and near to the end. America had a role, of course - but France and Russia, frankly, just did more. This is coming from an American, by the way.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    I hate simplifications of complex historic situations like this. The allied nations, aside from the United States, sent an entire generation to disappear into the trenches from 1914 until the first U.S. forces were committed to the fight in the spring of 1918. They bled the central powers white. That can never be dismissed when considering the outcome of the Great War. The best way to answer the question would be to ask what would happen if the U.S. forces had not started to arrive in 1917 or enter offensive combat in 1918.

All of the answers are hypothetical or lead to more questions... the Germans wouldn't have had to throw the dice so recklessly in their 1918 March offensive. They could have caught their breath and been more methodical. Would the French Army have recovered so quickly from the defeats and mutiny of 1917? What would have happened if French and British couldn't have withdrawn and refitted units or redeployed them from quiet sectors of the front occupied in late 1917 by Americans to more active areas? How much more of a difference would the 1 million plus Germans arriving from the Eastern front have made at that point?

Each of those questions could be a debate by itself. In the end, you can not say the Americans made the largest contribution, but you can't completely marginalize it either. Without the Americans, I wouldn't forecast a German victory, but I'm not so sure I would forecast the German collapse of the Western Front in 1918 and the treaty that followed either.
  • GLORYFREE
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mXyupD1.gif

i got all of this information from my history class so i dont know what the hell you are trying to say.

Was it an american history class?

alternative american history
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Alvonator
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mXyupD1.gif

Was it an american history class?

Murica!
  • Loqtrall
    12086 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lol this thread is a **** trainwreck waiting to happen.

I mean, we already have Zozeberry in here spouting off his "DICE has a diversity agenda" spiel just because Americans are in the game. It's only a matter of time.
This discussion has been closed.