No point to half of the shotguns....

Comments

• Trokey66
    8600 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Got done with the m97 elite codex last night and I have to say it's decent. Used the sweeper almost exclusively. The 10a hunter and slug are better but the m97 is by no means bad.

Spoken like a true scrubby scrub scrub noob!
  • Khronikos
    2146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    Well it worked, sort of, for me in whatever mode I played. Hopefully they can tweak it as you wish so it can work for you.

I don't think it's just me that the gun is not working for bud. I can count on two hands the times I have been killed by an M97 in the last dozen hours of playing. And you know all that is because people are unlocking weapons.

Sure, the weapon can sometimes work in crowds, but there are many other better options for that anyway.

All in all it's a garbage tier weapon.
  • daveseargeamt
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love the Hunter... my kill rate is something like 60%.

Used the slug to get the 50 kills for the volvo shotgun.. its okay, has a bit more range, but my kill rate is a lot lower than the Hunter.. something like 40%.

Using the M97 trench to do the 15 kills.. struggling as managed 11kills with it in a round. .However my kill rate with it is 80%, and i have racked up a few kills quickly with it.. it is fun.. and it is a bit of a beast close up.. Use on the fort.. forget on Verdun. unless you camp on the C flag.. or the A flag.

• Khronikos
    2146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For TDM I am kind of targeting a busy Edge map in the castle. Otherwise will have to do an large trench game for 30m with it. Not looking forward to the M97 challenge at all.
  • dICEHOUSE
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't usually trash talk any weapon but there is a reason why I have only unlocked less than half the Shotguns. They should be a back up weapon, like the pistol.
  • Not_Paul_Blart
    808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I like running with the Hellfighter shotgun because it looks cool IMO. Plus isn't the M97 the only shotgun you can just hold down the fire button with making it basically a full auto shotgun?
  • Khronikos
    edited April 2017
    I like running with the Hellfighter shotgun because it looks cool IMO. Plus isn't the M97 the only shotgun you can just hold down the fire button with making it basically a full auto shotgun?

Full auto yourself into the ground lol. There is absolutely crap accuracy if you hold the thing down and all you will be shooting is the sky as you fall into your coffin for the most part. Enclosed areas where there are a lot of people can work. I made the gun work in Edge TDM. But these places are far and few between, and it's comical firing three shots off while aiming and only seeing one or two of them hit for 80% damage lol. By the time you got that third shot off you been headshotted anyway and it still didn't kill the dude.
  • daveseargeamt
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    For TDM I am kind of targeting a busy Edge map in the castle. Otherwise will have to do an large trench game for 30m with it. Not looking forward to the M97 challenge at all.

The challenge is fun, but it is just that a challenge - and vexing one.. pick you map carefully. I will let you know when I manage it, although expect 100 kills with the shotgun will come first.
  • fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The challenge is fun, but it is just that a challenge - and vexing one.. pick you map carefully. I will let you know when I manage it, although expect 100 kills with the shotgun will come first.
    Just do it on cq Amiens. You will have no trouble at all.
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    15 kills with M97, did in one round of war pigeons on Suez. Only used the war pigeon icon as an indicator for where most players would be headed and kept looping around to catch their flanks and rear.
  • BlueprintSensei6
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As a 40 star 10a Hunter user with a high kpm I can tell you yes the hunter is IMO the best shotgun in the game. I keep trying others, forgetting their names and going back to the 10a hunter. In rush or operations I never feel outgunned by anyone ever with my hunter, and that's really a great feeling. Love the imbalance, honestly I think it's under rated as most people I talk to in game don't think it's overpowered. I don't mind at all as I like when gun selection is an intelligence test.
  • daveseargeamt
    Tansho wrote: »
    15 kills with M97, did in one round of war pigeons on Suez. Only used the war pigeon icon as an indicator for where most players would be headed and kept looping around to catch their flanks and rear.

Nice idea. I tried doing it on fort de vaux this afternoon, ran out with 13 kills.. on a conquest game.. Too much grenade spam and deaths to get up close and personnel, but when I did had at least two multi kills from a single shot.. reckon I will do this one.. just need more play time, which I won't get until next weekend :(
  • daveseargeamt
    As a 40 star 10a Hunter user with a high kpm I can tell you yes the hunter is IMO the best shotgun in the game. I keep trying others, forgetting their names and going back to the 10a hunter. In rush or operations I never feel outgunned by anyone ever with my hunter, and that's really a great feeling. Love the imbalance, honestly I think it's under rated as most people I talk to in game don't think it's overpowered. I don't mind at all as I like when gun selection is an intelligence test.

I love my hunter 10a.. cracking shotgun, only using others do the challenges.
  • ddarn37
    115 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I got the 10a hunter and its been too hit or miss...I shot somebody 3 times at close range and did not kill him...its designed to be hip fired,but they must have nerfed it again...go look at the recent videos on you tube about it...the damage points can vary significantly
  • Khronikos
    I think the point here is that the 10a, sorry guys, needs a slight nerf in some aspect, and a couple of these shotguns need a buff. Not anything huge, but something to take people out of their special zones. I actually welcomed the nerf on the Automatico, as it was fair, same with the Hell, but they really need to start targeting a few more guns as well IMO.
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    I think the point here is that the 10a, sorry guys, needs a slight nerf in some aspect, and a couple of these shotguns need a buff. Not anything huge, but something to take people out of their special zones. I actually welcomed the nerf on the Automatico, as it was fair, same with the Hell, but they really need to start targeting a few more guns as well IMO.

I'd disagree, remember that fire rate and recoil can make it unforgiving in the CQB ranges where the SMGs and faster shotguns live. A miss can end the fight for the 10a user. Remember that a nerf intended to change how the top half of the scoreboard plays changes the bottom half much more as the changes either aren't understood or are harder to adapt around.

• SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've been playing a lot of shotgun on Fort De Vaux. I specifically use the M97 trench gun hunter with incendiary, AT grenades, and dynamite. I've had some great rounds with this class, 50+ kills. On most maps, though, I don't touch shotguns because I like to stay on the move, and it's hard to get around with them. They are very situational for the most part. I've used the model 10A, but I'm not really a fan of it personally.
  • ddarn37
    115 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just wish they would quit jacking with the weapons..especially when you have to keep dealing with a guy on level 10 assault using the Hellreiger.
  • Khronikos
    Tansho wrote: »

I'd disagree, remember that fire rate and recoil can make it unforgiving in the CQB ranges where the SMGs and faster shotguns live. A miss can end the fight for the 10a user. Remember that a nerf intended to change how the top half of the scoreboard plays changes the bottom half much more as the changes either aren't understood or are harder to adapt around.

Well I'm not saying huge nerfs, but other guns have gotten pretty severe nerfs while the range on this thing is acting much more like a slug compared to many other guns.
  • dAcHrOnIc
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I had enough of shotguns from that damned USAS