Why people are quitting bf1 pc already..

Comments

  • Pahkiller
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ok here's a bit of a thought for EA/DICE not that anyone is watching.
    I totally agree with Trig0trons comments.
    I have started setting up a new ladder competition software for my clan and many other clans in Aus. and NZ. only issue is
    There are next to NO admin controls for BF1.
    20 to 30 to start a game, have no idea what is going through the developers heads but its not nice.
    Origin is a farce.
    The server browser is hopeless.

    We as many clans would really like it if EA/DICE would go back to 3rd party Providers, and Procon.
    I really don't understand why they invented there own service just make a great thing bad.
    Most people I know have BF1 but don't play it like myself due to you basically had to buy it first then when you realize its no good its too late to get a refund.
    Shame..
    Most are into other games now like battlegrounds and waiting for the new WW2 games coming out this month and the next few.

    I guess I might get reply in the lines of
    SOON...




  • OP_Glitchmobile
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Releasing a steaming pile of dung like this, made people go away.
    Mostly the flies stayed, but even the smell will wear off..
    As far as i can see, it's starting to wear off allready.
    Maybe people are tired of aimbotting\gasing eachother...or getting ''farmed'' by 1337 pilots.
    As far as i am concerned, the game can die in a fire.
  • neuTi
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @trig0tron

    I hear you. I even support some of the statements you make. But remembering the olden, golden days of BF 2 is not going to help us, imho. Why? Because everything was different back then. There were not as many players worldwide. The game was smaller in scale, probably easier to program (because much less detailed) and DICE was a smaller company, therefore not as revenue-oriented as today. And sure, there was much more contact with the community: because the community was smaller (therefore higher devs per player ratio), there wasn't as much experience in that type of FPS around (so they NEEDED the feedback - where as nowadays, they can look back on their own catalogue, on their statistics, on CTE, on automatically generated reports, even on the much broader experience of their competitors). So, in short, we should not compare that time to now. Things have changed, we have to accept that. But we should be given a means to make our feedback heard. i think they do (see CTE), and maybe the whole concept of DICE game changers and the like is also to be seen in the light that most of the Feedback in the Forum is, mildly put, unusable for them. It's simply not constructive enough (compared to the olden days, where there was much less toxicity...).

    And, as hard as that is, we PC Players may have the money and the age advantage in general, as you say. But maybe not, I didn't read any statistics about that. But even if, this is only on average, there are young PC gamers as well. Anyway, what is really hard: we are a minority, compared to console players. And games are not fitted to the minority, but it's important that they appeal to the MAJORITY. Which isn't us anymore. And the PC platform is complicated to program for, because no 2 rigs are the same. Compare that to consoles! Easier, simpler, cheaper -> more revenue (the games tend to be more expensive, too, at least in my country).

    And finally, yes, a game nowadays (at least a AAA one) has to be simple enough for anyone to play. Combine that with easier mechanics because of the no-mouse-fraction (remember, the majority) and the fact, that even PC gamers get older and therefore have less time to play - I don't want to learn a 600 page keyboard setting anymore! I simply would not play that game for longer than 2 minutes...

    Still, I agree with a lot of what you and others say. But I think we have to face the facts stated above and keep those in mind...
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    a 600 page keyboard

    WSAD

    Mouse: Left=fire Right=ADS

    Maybe space sometimes.

    If you got the cognitive abilities of a normal human being, you might even learn to bring up the map.

    ''M''

    AND, to throw a grenade....wich nobody does in BF1: ''G''

    WOW, can you remember all this?

    Don't forget to move the mouse about, this way your character looks around...and you can aim your weapon.
  • neuTi
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    a 600 page keyboard

    WSAD

    Mouse: Left=fire Right=ADS

    Maybe space sometimes.

    If you got the cognitive abilities of a normal human being, you might even learn to bring up the map.

    ''M''

    AND, to throw a grenade....wich nobody does in BF1: ''G''

    WOW, can you remember all this?

    Don't forget to move the mouse about, this way your character looks around...and you can aim your weapon.

    What most people forget nowadays: hit "Q" like crazy!

    You actually made one of my points there even clearer: That's how I want to play. Simple, self explaining, without studying 600 pages of the manual first. Remember things like those flight sims decades ago? Falcon and the like? I used to LOVE those - but I don't have time for this complicated stuff anymore... Kind of sad, but that's how it is.
  • alucardgr
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i also forget to mention that in BF1 you just want to say a simple THANK YOU or GOGOGO and you must do it more complicate(2clicks) than other battlefields....for me was annoying and stupid....
  • XupetaNaZaniteta
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Easy answer, resuming.:

    1. Expensive.
    2. DLC model that splits community.
    3. Operations mode not available through server browser.
    4. Lack of customization, competitive modes.
    5. Sloooow pace to fix bugs and add new content.
    6. No decent anti-cheat contermeasures. Last week I noticed a massive cheater presence on servers.
  • Mord-Vi
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think the biggest issue is these seasonal patches, slow DLC drops, and poor design decisions, even during patches like adding auto-regenerating 'nades. Doing the opposite of what the community requests, is pretty offensive.

    Some times when playing BF1 it's like their intent was to push bf fans away, in an attempt to captivate newcomers. Skilled players are inherently turned off due to random bullet deviation, while prone campers think its fantastic.

    DICE learns a lot through the development of bf4, and essentially implements nothing from that extra development time....
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mord-Vi wrote: »
    I think the biggest issue is these seasonal patches, slow DLC drops, and poor design decisions, even during patches like adding auto-regenerating 'nades. Doing the opposite of what the community requests, is pretty offensive.

    Some times when playing BF1 it's like their intent was to push bf fans away, in an attempt to captivate newcomers. Skilled players are inherently turned off due to random bullet deviation, while prone campers think its fantastic.

    If you played BF as long as I have, you will know that the game, for the most part, isn't fun anymore. I was just talking to a few clan buddies who all played BF since the original BF:V and all agreed that the game just isn't fun anymore. BF:V, BF2 and 2142 all were fun games and BF1 just isn't the same.

  • OP_Glitchmobile
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    neuTi wrote: »
    a 600 page keyboard

    WSAD

    Mouse: Left=fire Right=ADS

    Maybe space sometimes.

    If you got the cognitive abilities of a normal human being, you might even learn to bring up the map.

    ''M''

    AND, to throw a grenade....wich nobody does in BF1: ''G''

    WOW, can you remember all this?

    Don't forget to move the mouse about, this way your character looks around...and you can aim your weapon.

    What most people forget nowadays: hit "Q" like crazy!

    You actually made one of my points there even clearer: That's how I want to play. Simple, self explaining, without studying 600 pages of the manual first. Remember things like those flight sims decades ago? Falcon and the like? I used to LOVE those - but I don't have time for this complicated stuff anymore... Kind of sad, but that's how it is.

    Flight Simulator, had to be autistic to remember all the buttenz....wich i'm not...so i crashed instead.
  • neuTi
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Flight Simulator, had to be autistic to remember all the buttenz....wich i'm not...so i crashed instead.

    Those moments with a 3kg manual on your lap, flipping pages like crazy just to find the right command... and then crash :-)
  • neuTi
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just googled for the numbers - BF 1 has lost over 50% of its player base since the beginning. No sign of changes because of the DLC or battlefest...
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights/population?days=-1
  • trip1ex
    4979 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Most people don't last that long in multiplayer games. You gotta find out how if the player drop percentage is so much worse than in past bf games. Doesn't mean anything on its own.

    Also as far as pc goes, the consoles now have a pretty comparable version of this game and that's where most players are now. The pc is dying out for this type of game. And EA is only going to further cater to that audience since it pays most of the bill.
  • NamelessForNow
    1449 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    I think part of the reason pc numbers are low is because you need a beast of a rig to fully enjoy it.
  • Smok3y6668
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I quit because I believed there was way too many people cheating (this is true story btw) and started to play on Xbox One. I then gave Bf1 a try on PC once more only this time using my pad. At that moment I realised my aim with mouse and keyboard is **** and that I was doing much better using my pad. I have now come back to the game. I still think/believe there are people using cheats but it is not as bad as what people make out and, i'm going to get flamed here but, I also think alot of people from my recent experience of coming back using a control method that suits me better shout cheats/hacks because their skill isn't as good as what they think it is. So yes, i'm a joypad aim assist scrub but i'm enjoying the game more, doing better and not suffering the performance issues of the consoles.
  • 287martin
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I've got bored of it because there's nothing left to unlock. In my opinion it was far too easy to unlock all weapons and gadgets
  • NOVA-GOA
    281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Game is in its death throes now. It wont last till the last DLC. Pretty sad that it has come to this. The risk to take to do of all things a WW1 shooter.
  • Gigabyte9
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    NOVA-GOA wrote: »
    Game is in its death throes now. It wont last till the last DLC. Pretty sad that it has come to this. The risk to take to do of all things a WW1 shooter.

    Some of you really need to stop using terms like dead, death etc.

    There will still be enough people playing for the foreseeable future. Is the population lower than we would like? Of course, but you can still find plenty of matches and people will continue to play it even years from now.

    There were tons of posts about people complaining about BF4 being dead in early 2014...
  • NOVA-GOA
    281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    smoogelz wrote: »
    NOVA-GOA wrote: »
    Game is in its death throes now. It wont last till the last DLC. Pretty sad that it has come to this. The risk to take to do of all things a WW1 shooter.

    Some of you really need to stop using terms like dead, death etc.

    There will still be enough people playing for the foreseeable future. Is the population lower than we would like? Of course, but you can still find plenty of matches and people will continue to play it even years from now.

    There were tons of posts about people complaining about BF4 being dead in early 2014...

    You dont think that BF1 at this time is just double the population of BF4 says something? BF4 has been out since 2013. BF4 has lasted a long time beyond its time. BF1 is just a battlefront in WW1. We will see if BF1 will have the longevity of BF4 but i doubt it will.
  • Gigabyte9
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    NOVA-GOA wrote: »
    smoogelz wrote: »
    NOVA-GOA wrote: »
    Game is in its death throes now. It wont last till the last DLC. Pretty sad that it has come to this. The risk to take to do of all things a WW1 shooter.

    Some of you really need to stop using terms like dead, death etc.

    There will still be enough people playing for the foreseeable future. Is the population lower than we would like? Of course, but you can still find plenty of matches and people will continue to play it even years from now.

    There were tons of posts about people complaining about BF4 being dead in early 2014...

    You dont think that BF1 at this time is just double the population of BF4 says something? BF4 has been out since 2013. BF4 has lasted a long time beyond its time. BF1 is just a battlefront in WW1. We will see if BF1 will have the longevity of BF4 but i doubt it will.

    I'm just saying that the game is not dead and that there will still be people playing a few years from now. There was people just like you on forums saying how BF4 was dead, dying, failing etc in early 2014.

    I doubt it will last as long as BF4, which is still going, but at the same time I'm confident you can find servers of players in a few years time.
Sign In or Register to comment.