No people playing.

ManmadeSmiith
91 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I am trying to play some line of sight on custom game modes and i every game im put in there isnt a single person playing. Ive tried going through quick match on some other game modes and done the same thing and im in a game by myself. any ideas why this would be? cheers.

Comments

• EzyPzyJapaneze
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am trying to play some line of sight on custom game modes and i every game im put in there isnt a single person playing. Ive tried going through quick match on some other game modes and done the same thing and im in a game by myself. any ideas why this would be? cheers.

Welcome to battlefield 1, the game is slow but steadily dying since launch. here's proof

The game has been in rapid decline in terms of population on PC, at launch it was over 120k people and now it's mere 30k and when Iam able to play only 15k are playing. The problem with custom games is that they are not highlighted very well in the battlefield 1 menu UI. It's hidden under custom games, that's why nobody plays these game modes, like back to basics for example. When it launched, only 1 or 2 servers were populated back then, now it's a ghost town.
  • ManmadeSmiith
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    yeah, i seen jackfrags on twitter write that he played line of sights and there was less nade spam etc. i went to custom games. cant get one. back to basics was my favourite game mode until the games are now empty. i what i dont understand is when it says 100+ results under the game mode does that mean theres over 100 matches being played?
  • Noodlesocks
    3736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield is becoming just a bit too bloated. So many different game modes and custom settings, many of which are buried under sever layers of UI for players to go through. Coupled with an over-reliance on youtubers to disseminate information and the Battlefield fanbase currently spread out across 4 different games (3 and 4 are still quite popular with Hardline hanging in there too). It doesn't come as much of a surprise that the playerbase is beginning to thin out.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've been trying to leave a game of TDM and EVERY time i quit and try to join a fresh one it puts me in the same game. 6 times in a row so yeah, it's dead. Don't usually play TDM just thought it would be simpler to complete the assignment for the new shotgun due to smaller maps but it's dumb and constantly throws me in the same game so it must be mega dead.
  • ManmadeSmiith
    ive tried rush, war pigeons, custom games, server browser. nothing. very frustrating :/
  • BassBounce
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The game is bleeding out, people leave already
  • STOPchris
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    Rocket League has more players... LOL. ARMA 3 has about the same amount of players! LOL!
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    566 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Expensive game + Expensive premium + higher system requirements + split player base + cheaters = dying game...
  • ItWasCloseBaby
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I feel like BF3 more alive than BF1 on PC. For example, I can`t play BF1 with i7 and 980 and 16g ram just due constant 100% cpu usage in DX11 mode ,even after fresh windows 10 install, DX12 unplayable as well... True disaster with optimization and boring gun game. Its still possible to save this game, but at least DICE should listen fans... Ah wait they already dropped BF1 on another studio...
  • IPutatoI
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    the game is bad and bad games die fast, not to mention the cost of this joke of a game is over $100 if include premium. much better games out now(many cost less) and those are what ppl are playing.
  • zwolseballetjes
    849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If Dice not take action now then the game is dead before the last DLC is out. Everyday less full servers to find and if you find a server then its full with cheaters.
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    976 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If i had a physical copy of ''BF''1, i'd toss it out the window.

I'm done being milked by EA, for AAA games that seem to be in early access from launch...and stay that way for months...even years.
    I hope they go broke.
  • TheOnePaleHorse
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If Dice not take action now then the game is dead before the last DLC is out. Everyday less full servers to find and if you find a server then its full with cheaters.

Where are the Russian hackers when you need them?
  • melodyex
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I blame it on lack of servers, check the server rental topic thing and you might find your reasons, normal servers have always been crap!
  • EzyPzyJapaneze
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    melodyex wrote: »
    I blame it on lack of servers, check the server rental topic thing and you might find your reasons, normal servers have always been crap!

wrong, it's the official servers that are the ones populated, I've seen only a handful of rented servers that are full or even populated, like 4 or 5.
  • melodyex
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

wrong, it's the official servers that are the ones populated, I've seen only a handful of rented servers that are full or even populated, like 4 or 5.

Not wrong in my comment at all, only around 20 official servers are populated. I would even say most hate DICE OFFICIAL servers, I never play on them anyway.
    The problem is like you said, only a handful of rented servers are populated. The best kind of servers. But as I said, look in server topic and you will see why they are dead.
  • EzyPzyJapaneze

Not wrong in my comment at all, only around 20 official servers are populated. I would even say most hate DICE OFFICIAL servers, I never play on them anyway.
    The problem is like you said, only a handful of rented servers are populated. The best kind of servers. But as I said, look in server topic and you will see why they are dead.

No, not really, rented servers are crap. Usually they perform worse than the official servers.
  • Ciri0la
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You are lucky in the US. You should see Europe... a desert.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, they BOHICA'd me on Deluxe vs Premium, and a lot of other people, so this is the price you pay. The west coast is basically AWOL for games.

To bad EA forgot games are supposed to be fun, not all about "process" and graphics. It's like a pretty girl with no teeth.
  • ManmadeSmiith
    Ciri0la wrote: »
    You are lucky in the US. You should see Europe... a desert.

yep, i live in UK and europe servers might aswell be non existent :lol: