Griefing Teammates (Esp AA Trucks) - Not Punishable?

Ecaidian
126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited April 2017
Content removed due to naming and shaming

What to do?
Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on

Comments

• Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    It's a pain, but unlikely anything will ever be done.

Best bet is to either leave the server before it starts to wind you up, or change teams and go hunt for them

I have done the latter a few times with reasonable success, the hardest bit is actually finding them, killing them is usually pretty easy as players like this tend to be c*ap.

T-bagging is optional.

P.S. ths post may get deleted for the "name and shame" policy.
  • Ecaidian
    126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 2017
    Content removed due to violating the forum guidelines

• Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    Ecaidian wrote: »
    Jedi76 wrote: »

P.S. ths post may get deleted for the "name and shame" policy.

I totally agree.

There should be an official way to report griefing.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It depends on what you were doing. Where you sitting on the edge of the map lobbing shells like 90% of all people who drive an AA truck?
  • edwardsavenue
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sometimes people can get just as annoyed as you. Camping AA gunners. I hate them. Probably because flying is my favorite thing. Haha
    But in all seriousness, maybe he was assisting enemy players. Joined your team and partied with the enemy. Fraternization will not go unpunished.
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    This might not be the case here, but I've seen/heard people since online multiplayer became a thing that believe that since they paid for the game, everything in it should conform to their expectations of how it should be played and the outcome. When another player doesn't and acts like a free agent they have monkey temper tantrums.
  • Ecaidian
    edited April 2017
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    It depends on what you were doing. Where you sitting on the edge of the map lobbing shells like 90% of all people who drive an AA truck?

• Ecaidian
    edited April 2017

• Forkbeard84
    1618 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017

What to do?

I'm ashamed to admit I got a chuckle out of the way this guy was griefing you. Pushing you around with a truck, lol.

I know its not right, but it makes me laugh. Sorry.

• Adman_Tor
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was playing a round of Front Lines yesterday and we couldn't push out of our spawn because two jack-arses in a heavy tank and an artillery truck were sitting behind our hill and tank sniping every time the enemy time pushed us back. We would move forward but the tanks would remain and wait for us to get pushed back. The game was dragging on and on because these K/D mongering cowards wouldn't push up. I got out my smoke grenades and kept chasing them and smoking them and using the "GO GO" chat wheel until the heavy tank finally moved up. This isn't griefing - this is trying to get your team to play the damned game.////////// But your AA Truck situation is completely different as you were fulfilling your role.
  • 69GTOJudge
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    When I've accidentally killed a Team Mate on a few occasions befored wow, how they Rampage on you because of that. Even after I said sorry right away. It's like you ruined their precious K/D, or maybe screwed up their "Get 5 kills in a life with X Gun". Are you sure you didn't kill this idiot by accident just prior? Oh, I tried playing yesterday, and this fool started laying Mines in front of the Char 2 C. Could it have been the Camping Sniper that I ran over by Accident with the Mark IV? Who knows, many people are just idiots, you don't have to play long to figure that out.
  • kreepypriest
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    it sucks when that happens but as usual any reporting function gets abused by salty
    players..i was with some randoms the other day and one of them kept complaint about (name) lagging and being immune.so i fallowed him
    around and low and behold he just straight up lost his gun fights and was being a little
    baby over it.
  • Ecaidian
    it sucks when that happens but as usual any reporting function gets abused by salty
    players.

This is true, but that is why you can't be dumb about how it is implemented. This is one of the few AAA titles that has online multiplayer but no report system for this type of thing. Most other titles will look into the specific match the incident occurred and some also allow you to upload screenshots/video in addition. Once they conclude something did indeed occur, they handle it.
  • kreepypriest
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i agree they need to implement something you mentioned above about reporting said player or players..it ruins personal experience and should be looked into.
  • Judson-Emc2
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I had no idea that the aa truck could be blocked by a friendly. Thank you for that knowledge. I will now spend my endless an pointless frontline matches blocking the DB that is sitting in the back corner so they can go 90-15.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13457 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Content removed due to naming and shaming

What to do?

Not naming and shaming, would be a great start.

/Thread

This discussion has been closed.