It's time to NERF Planes!!!

Comments

  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    nuff said


    So much salt in one video.
    It's quite ironic.

    He says in his video TF not OP because you need to learn and 'get better with it' (what the hell that means, I mastered the TF in 2 hours in this highly arcade game with basic knowledge from Warthunder that revolves around energy management), while farming infantry and one shooting AA emplacements easypeasy from not even low altitude. Uncounterable. Unless you think TF vs fighter is counter, in which case you dont understand basic balance.

    It's like stomping on ants on a daily basis while telling ppl you're so expert on it that they quite cant do it like you can.

    This guy definitely has a clear bias. I wonder if he's proud on his antstomp honorless public-farming video's.

    PS for clarity to quoted poster, the word 'you' = undefined here.
  • Feed4u
    697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Feed4u wrote: »
    Feed4u wrote: »
    Feed4u wrote: »
    Feed4u wrote: »
    Feed4u wrote: »
    Feed4u wrote: »
    Feed4u wrote: »
    As for bomber vs fighter, sure it's not really a dog fight, but it does take a certain degree on both sides, 1 skilled player vs 3 skilled players manning a 3 man plane and from my experience, that does not bode well for TF and only for BK.
    The odds of encountering a bomber full of skilled players that can actually aim while compensating for both the bomber and the fighter changing course is EXTREMELY small. I've taken out quite a few bombers with the TF loadout. It's not as difficult as you are making it out to be.

    I can name 5 other pilots of the top of my head and that doesn't even include bear.

    Who you can name is irrelevant. Even so, 5 players out of how many tens or hundreds of thousands that play BF1 on any given day across all platforms? The fact remains you are using a specific example that players very seldomly encounter.

    Is it better to go after a bomber with the BK loadout rather than the TF? Absolutely. I don't think anyone disagrees with that. But saying you can't get bomber kills using the TF loadout is incorrect. It happens more often than you claim and it's not as difficult as you are making it out to be. I see it all the time. I've done it plenty of times. Others have as well. Decent pilots figure out how to compensate. They might have to break away from the fight to repair, but if they know there are gunners then they're going to look for a different angle to attack from. Like Korpus said, sneaking up and not shooting them from a distance... There are ways to compensate for a fully loaded bomber that's shooting at you.

    I'm certain there is, but it would be hard to sneak up on you when 3 players are looking for you constantly, not one. As I said, the best way would be to ambush and dart the crew. I have done this before, and have found this effective but trick to pull off, you just have to fly a lot higher to sneak up on him.
    Feed4u wrote: »
    Feed4u wrote: »
    Feed4u wrote: »
    Feed4u wrote: »
    Feed4u wrote: »
    Feed4u wrote: »
    @KorpusDraige wrote;
    The gunners on the back can cause a bit of a delay in the Fighter's approach to take it out, but ultimately the Fighter should always win that battle.
    It should but it won't in 90% of the cases right now. Those pilots who know how to counter an attack plane/Bomber won't be flying fighter, and the rest can't.
    I don't like a BF where one plane is over used, like the trench fighter but the changes in the next patch won't fix this.
    In the first months of BF no one used the fighter (Due to teleporting) and attack planes farmed infantry. We can easily return to that situation.

    Pfft, I still would use my Attack Plane haha. (And no, I don't use a gunner.)

    The point I am making is Trench Fighter doesn't make the player take out other planes any easier, it's still the same speed. A slight nerf making it a tiny bit harder for them to hit infantry with their darts shouldn't render the Fighter useless. If DICE can get rid of the silly mechanic where people can choose 3 Fighters/3 Attacks/3 Bombers, then it would be much better.

    I think TF already has serious struggles taking on 2 manned Attack planes and 3 manned bombers as Long as tail gunner and pilot coordinates. The secret for TF to take on single manned Attack planes is to go for them just as they enter a strafing run, putting in damage before he get into the back seat while they concentrate on the strafe, which usually puts Attack plane in a life deficit before the switch seat battle begins, which a good TF pilot would peel off immediately, circle and go for a second run To secure the kill
    Bk on the other hand is different, if he took this opportunity during AP strafing run, if AP switch seats, it immediately an easy kill with Salvos because it would be flying straight. For me taking on bomber with BK, I ambush dead zone with rockets, circle to prevent repairs and clean up with second set of salvos. There are different tactics that can be used here, however this is my chosen way to deal with them.

    But see, you're confusing "Snaking" with Dogfighting. Sneaking up behind an enemy and hitting them (essentially the same thing as a sucker punch) is Snaking. I can do the same thing to any Fighter and hit their tail off, with my solo Attack Plane. All of that comes down to being aware of your surroundings. However, I've been referring to straight up dogfighting, the Fighter (no matter the loadout) should always win (unless the guy piloting the Fighter is not even close to being good).
    In a straight up dog fight, eventually one plane is going to be on the others tail, regardless of whether said plane out manoeuvres over causes an over shoot or shaking off.
    Once behind the plane the plane, BK has complete advantage in damage over TF except for bullet drop. If 2x rockets or 1 rocket+mg has connection on wings, fight is over, except Dog fighter which has instant repair. However if 2xrocket hits sweet spot and causes engine disabled, DF will require Quick repair and 1x repair to recover IIRC.
    On top of that, it has the speed ability to get it out of sticky situations or possible.
    Btw I was baited by a ceiling Dillon on BK today by another BK, totally out played. I obviously came back and killed him and literally spawn camped his sides plane spawn point on SD.

    Well damage output (and loadout) does NOT matter when one plane (Fighter) has a clear advantage over the other (Attack/Bomber). It shouldn't even be called a "dogfight" when someone is in the Fighter going for a Attack/Bomber haha, because it should be easy and over within a few seconds.

    Easy win on which end? Only way I see TF killing a bomber full life 1v1 is by using dart, if you come front the front and close you risk dying to the front gun, if you come from far, good luck keeping that up. I have killed TF pilots(not planes) with my front gun, and I have video proof of that. If you come from the back, good luck, you will spend most of the match repairing instead of having an impact on the game. FF would be a perfect examples of this match up. 3 man Bomber vs 1 TF is easy victory for bomber, I mean even 2v1 Bomber would be absolutely possible. What platform and region are you playing, I would be willing to play on US West PC to proof my point. Ask @CaptaPraelium , he has seen footage of my friends and I perfect run on FF and experienced playing with me. Only BK stands a chance against Bombers, and even than a good bomber will make it hard for a good BK pilot.I would have an example of this from the worlds no.1 bombers POV of me killing him as BK, and even than I struggled to do so, I have video proof.

    Well, why would you come at it's back if they're aware of you? Come from different angles. Completely stupid to come at it's backend if they're firing at you haha.

    The loadout does NOT matter. I've killed tons of bombers with Trench Fighter loadout with my cannons and a ton of people I know can as well. You realize how slow Bombers are, right? Why can't people use that to it's disadvantage? You're talking about shooting down noobs in a public game. Completely different story against pilots that know what they're doing.

    I only own BF3/BF4 on PC. I don't plan on spending more money on BF1 until things get better with it. If/when they do, I'll buy BF1 on PC as well.

    In a situation where both planes are shooting each other accurately, you would be doing 1 as fighter vs bombers 3. You don't need to do that math, difference is that the moment you stop shooting me bomber enters repair, its not hard to grasp who wins that fight. When you are shooting at a bomber, you are shooting from it's blind side and flying straight. Bomber responds by turning to give angle to tail gunner, he loses 10 life depending on how far you are but now gunner is shooting you. You continue to fly straight coming from a distance away, but if you fly straight a good tail gunner will hit you. You now peel off in response, but good tail gunners can still hit you. Mean while my bomber is repairing. We do this until we are close to full life and we go for another run. If you come up close to do a dart drop, both guns will shred you in close range.
    Only way to kill a Bomber well manned is to dart its crew by ambush or maybe sneaking up from the bottom while it is flying high. Otherwise TF has no hope of winning a 1v3 Man fight against Bomber.
    When you do buy it on PC, if its NA or Asia, you are most welcome to play with bear and me. I will admit I am not that great at Dog Fighting, but I think I have good understanding of the overall mechanics of all the planes.

    It's not "dogfighting" against a Bomber. Just shoot at it and come from different angles. I don't find it hard... Especially since they've nerfed tail gunners. If this was before the patch that nerfed the tail gunners, I would say- "Yeah, you have to be very careful from the gunners or they'll shred you. You'll need some backup." However, since that patch, I really never found them that difficult. Will they hit you? Sure. But be relentless and smart on your approach. Don't shoot them from far away to reveal that you're coming for them haha.

    Maybe, I hope some day you could show me to prove my theory wrong. I love being proved wrong, it only educates me. I am not amazing at dog fighter, so in that respect there is much I can learn from you.
    As for bomber vs fighter, sure it's not really a dog fight, but it does take a certain degree on both sides, 1 skilled player vs 3 skilled players manning a 3 man plane and from my experience, that does not bode well for TF and only for BK. A well manned bomber is as powerful as a heavy tank with repair mans, both have equal opportunity to 1 shot each other.

    lol If I ever feel like getting back on BF1, I can *easily* make a montage of destroying Bombers with a Fighter Plane, cannon only. Just have to know how much you should damage and pull away to come at another angle for more (if they're even damaging you). You also shouldn't be flying in a straight line, enabling it's gunner to get easy shots in. It's really not difficult.

    That's the thing though, I am leading my shots, so if you turn I would still be shooting you. We can really test it out on PC if you want if you agree to do it on JP servers!

    As I've stated a couple of times... I only own BF3/BF4 on PC. BF1 is NOT worth my money to buy twice... Not until they make it a better game. If you're wondering why I bought it on console first, it's because I have more friends on console.

    You can lead all you want, but you don't have an angle in every direction. Question... Is this your first game you flew on? I've ran into harder situations than a Bomber haha.

    I've also flown in Planetside 2, this is the first Battlefield 1 I flew in, I tried flying in BF4 recently, but I can't fly choppers, and planes certainly feel extremely different, having sweet spots for turning speeds and being able to monitor them. BF 1 is the first game I have truly focused on flying. I think we may different experience because of controls, Mouse would have an advantage over Controllers if you need that precision aim.

    Plenty of people thought I was using a MnK when they watched me play on my stream... When I am using a controller. Doesn't make that much of a difference, in my opinion.

    Well, I'm sure even Planetside 2 has more difficult situations than just a Bomber crew in BF1, correct? I've flown in BF4 where I was 2v1'd by jets (when I was in an Attack Jet), while being locked from choppers or MAA active radaring me and I survived many encounters like that. Bombers in BF1 isn't that difficult compared to those situations. Can it be tricky? Sure, I'll accept that. However, it's not that hard.

    As a more experienced person I will accept your opinion as a fact, however can we agree that it is not so easy when there is 3 people who know what's going on in a bomber, although possible it would still be hard for the TF to take on 3v1? And majority of the time a bomber who knows what it is doing would be able to handle TF in general.

    It's really not "fact" as it is just experience from one person to another. Like anything the situation varies, depending on who you're up against. I've never found them hard, even with a full crew and others in this thread stated the same. I am sure some may find it hard if they lack any sort of experience in going up against something like that. It's the same thing as people find dogfighting players in random servers hard, but then some find any public player easy to fly against. It's just experience/knowing how to deal with the situation at hand.

    In your opinion what do you think about TF should be nerfed, A to A or ground capabilities. Do you think Attack plane air to ground is stronger?

    From what I recall they patched the Darts on the Trench Fighter and made the area of effect wider to hit targets. This made it easier to kill infantry and when all it started, in my opinion. All they really need to do is revert the dart area of effect back to what it was before. So it would be air to air with the ability to attack ground, just not as aggressive or as easy as it currently is. Attack Plane and Bomber is for ground targets. However, I would even like the bombs on the Attack Plane to have a slightly longer cool down. Why? Players can just spam bombs with each and every pass. Making a slightly longer cool down would force players to pick and choose where they should drop them, because they won't have more bombs to drop on their next pass in a few seconds. Bomber is quite fine, as it is slow.

    I wouldn't a mind a change to default AP, rocket AP doesn't get enough recognition, and can be a threat the air with quick repair and 2 manned. Real Attack plane Pilots use the gun as the bread and butter from my own experience. The bombs only give you that lol did that happen occasionally at the end of your strafing run.

    Yeah, but you can get 4 or 5 pieces easily with those bombs on a quite random drop, especially on Operations within each pass. I also would like to see accuracy with cannons being harder to be pulled off. It's too easy on BF1.

    What cannons are you referring 2?

    All of the plane's cannons are quite easy to hit, in my opinion.
    Just from what I experience I disagree, I think bomber front gun is in a good place, from IIRC it has been nerfed once either during late beta or early. It takes about 4-5 shots to down a full life person while moving, and 3 at minimum if you get headshots. It can reach TF level of infantry farm, but not Attack planes.
    If front gun was so OP, I wouldn't be complaining about bad front gunners unable to kill things while I gunship my bomber after tank and such have died
  • Professor_RAWR
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was planning to make a separate thread, but since this thread is still ongoing i guess i will sure my thoughts here... again.

    I just witness a player in a fighter plane going in a 57 killstreak. No one wanted to kill him so I did and it turned into a dogfight. Then he/she killed me and he/she continued to farm kills until the match ended. This match basically made me think about the state of the balance of planes in this game. Honestly i haven't played BF1 for a while and wow.... i didn't know it was THIS BAD.


    Again, I think OP's ideas are great but no matter what, I still don't believe that these nerfs are enough to stop the ace fighters.

    Once again these planes are very easy to fly... and as long as the TF and Fighter has their ground attack weapons, they will continue to dominate the matches as always.

    For the thread i was planning to make, I was thinking... what if DICE can just completely remove the TF and Fighter planes secondary weapons against infantry/tanks? I know... it sounds crazy but think about..

    Both TF and fighter planes kills on every matches are MOSTLY from infantry deaths... no way to deny that. From most matches i've played on, I completely see no dog fighting or "air to air" combat going on at all. Literally MOST TF and Fighter planes pilots i've witnessed ONLY focus on infantry... not "air to air" combat or dogfighting. Heck on the last match i just mentioned, no other pilot bothered to kill each other and the Ace 57 killstreak pilot until i had to. It's obvious that he/she was too comfortable to get several multi-kills under each 30 seconds until I arrived.

    Not only we will see less annoyance of TF and Fighter planes getting multiple kill-streaks, but this will also motivate BOTH TF and Fighter plane pilots to do more dogfigthing and more "air to air" combat against eachother and try to take down bombers and Behemoths. Isn't that what the planes are for? Against other planes?

    IF the TF and Fighter pilots wants to spam those farming kills, they can try to take down infantry with their main LMG's like we've seen back from BF3 of the stealth jets which required SKILL.

    So in general, the bombers job is to take down infantry/vehicles, TF job is to take down planes and SOME infantry and vehicles with their main powerful LMG's, and the Fighter planes job is to just focus against other planes and if the pilot is skilled enough, they can grant infantry kills which is possible with the fighter planes LMG.

    Yay or nay? I'm also not against planes at all... i've been flying them since BF 1943.

    I know that most of you guys will disagree with this but in my opinion, this is the only want to prevent the TF and Fighter planes getting so much farming multiple kills. If the Pilots want multiple kills, they can not only just focus on other enemy planes and bombers/behemoths, but also try to take down infantry with their main LMG's which again, requires some skill and practice.

    No matter what, as long as jets/planes have secondary weapons that can kill vehicles and infantry very easily in Battlefield games, this will cause a huge uproar just like now. Look at the attack jets from Bf3 and Bf4... both incredibly OP until DICE nerfed the BF4 attack jets.. while on BF3, players are continuing getting farming kills due to no nerf.

    Also... about "air to ground" combat or air support. Infantry and vehicles can still get air support from both planes LMG's taking down infantry (which requires skill) and bombers/behemoths too. This can give the planes a requirement for higher skill instead of easy farming kills.

    Sorry for the book lel... just want to share some of my ideas. I think think can overall give the planes a better use for teamwork and more use of skill too.






  • Feed4u
    697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    I was planning to make a separate thread, but since this thread is still ongoing i guess i will sure my thoughts here... again.

    I just witness a player in a fighter plane going in a 57 killstreak. No one wanted to kill him so I did and it turned into a dogfight. Then he/she killed me and he/she continued to farm kills until the match ended. This match basically made me think about the state of the balance of planes in this game. Honestly i haven't played BF1 for a while and wow.... i didn't know it was THIS BAD.


    Again, I think OP's ideas are great but no matter what, I still don't believe that these nerfs are enough to stop the ace fighters.

    Once again these planes are very easy to fly... and as long as the TF and Fighter has their ground attack weapons, they will continue to dominate the matches as always.

    For the thread i was planning to make, I was thinking... what if DICE can just completely remove the TF and Fighter planes secondary weapons against infantry/tanks? I know... it sounds crazy but think about..

    Both TF and fighter planes kills on every matches are MOSTLY from infantry deaths... no way to deny that. From most matches i've played on, I completely see no dog fighting or "air to air" combat going on at all. Literally MOST TF and Fighter planes pilots i've witnessed ONLY focus on infantry... not "air to air" combat or dogfighting. Heck on the last match i just mentioned, no other pilot bothered to kill each other and the Ace 57 killstreak pilot until i had to. It's obvious that he/she was too comfortable to get several multi-kills under each 30 seconds until I arrived.

    Not only we will see less annoyance of TF and Fighter planes getting multiple kill-streaks, but this will also motivate BOTH TF and Fighter plane pilots to do more dogfigthing and more "air to air" combat against eachother and try to take down bombers and Behemoths. Isn't that what the planes are for? Against other planes?

    IF the TF and Fighter pilots wants to spam those farming kills, they can try to take down infantry with their main LMG's like we've seen back from BF3 of the stealth jets which required SKILL.

    So in general, the bombers job is to take down infantry/vehicles, TF job is to take down planes and SOME infantry and vehicles with their main powerful LMG's, and the Fighter planes job is to just focus against other planes and if the pilot is skilled enough, they can grant infantry kills which is possible with the fighter planes LMG.

    Yay or nay? I'm also not against planes at all... i've been flying them since BF 1943.

    I know that most of you guys will disagree with this but in my opinion, this is the only want to prevent the TF and Fighter planes getting so much farming multiple kills. If the Pilots want multiple kills, they can not only just focus on other enemy planes and bombers/behemoths, but also try to take down infantry with their main LMG's which again, requires some skill and practice.

    No matter what, as long as jets/planes have secondary weapons that can kill vehicles and infantry very easily in Battlefield games, this will cause a huge uproar just like now. Look at the attack jets from Bf3 and Bf4... both incredibly OP until DICE nerfed the BF4 attack jets.. while on BF3, players are continuing getting farming kills due to no nerf.

    Also... about "air to ground" combat or air support. Infantry and vehicles can still get air support from both planes LMG's taking down infantry (which requires skill) and bombers/behemoths too. This can give the planes a requirement for higher skill instead of easy farming kills.

    Sorry for the book lel... just want to share some of my ideas. I think think can overall give the planes a better use for teamwork and more use of skill too.

    I agree, but I think dog fighting is where the skill ceiling for fighters is what makes TF so strong. If you are not good at dog fighting you are not going to kill that ace despite using a BK.
    You can ask the people who just started flying on the thread, we don't disagree farming infantry is easy, however dog fighting is a different ball game.

    Edit: formatting reasons



    Post edited by Feed4u on
  • Maurgrim
    258 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 2017
    I was planning to make a separate thread, but since this thread is still ongoing i guess i will sure my thoughts here... again.

    I just witness a player in a fighter plane going in a 57 killstreak. No one wanted to kill him so I did and it turned into a dogfight. Then he/she killed me and he/she continued to farm kills until the match ended. This match basically made me think about the state of the balance of planes in this game. Honestly i haven't played BF1 for a while and wow.... i didn't know it was THIS BAD.

    So you want to punish a player for being TO good?

    If you suck at flying then spawn a AA truck.
  • lllTheSentinelll
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    If your IQ isn't high enough to fly a plane very well, you should be whipped and prevented from offering your invalid opinion on plane balance. Damn casuals
  • bearpatroI
    590 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If your IQ isn't high enough to fly a plane very well, you should be sterilized and prevented from offering your invalid opinion on plane balance. Damn casuals

    What is so hard about flying? I only started after reading about how much skill it took and I had no problems after the first week. This was back before the AA nerfs too. Now I rarely fly because it is too easy and boring to me.
  • Feed4u
    697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bearpatroI wrote: »
    If your IQ isn't high enough to fly a plane very well, you should be sterilized and prevented from offering your invalid opinion on plane balance. Damn casuals

    What is so hard about flying? I only started after reading about how much skill it took and I had no problems after the first week. This was back before the AA nerfs too. Now I rarely fly because it is too easy and boring to me.
    I know why hehe.
  • bearpatroI
    590 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Feed4u wrote: »
    I know why hehe.

    Well I am not going to idle on the spawn screen to wait for one. Since I can do well as infantry anyway. You saw me play the past few days I am averaging 5-10 k/d as infantry so I don't need planes to feel like I am contributing to the team.

  • SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bearpatroI wrote: »
    If your IQ isn't high enough to fly a plane very well, you should be sterilized and prevented from offering your invalid opinion on plane balance. Damn casuals

    What is so hard about flying? I only started after reading about how much skill it took and I had no problems after the first week. This was back before the AA nerfs too. Now I rarely fly because it is too easy and boring to me.

    Flying isn't easy when you've got a better pilot on the other team. Last night I was playing infantry, kept getting wrecked by this one pilot. I hopped in a fighter and ended up getting a message saying "I hate you" after the match. You can't farm infantry when you have a better pilot on your tail. I'm by no means the best pilot out there, but I can hold my own in dog-fights. Point is, yes it's easy to farm with just a little practice, and if you've got no opposition. Contested by a decent pilot, though, it's another story. The problem is, a lot of people don't fly to get better at dog-fighting. They just farm infantry if no one contests them. As soon as they get wrecked, they switch to something else or keep getting blown out of the sky.
  • lllTheSentinelll
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bearpatroI wrote: »
    Feed4u wrote: »
    I know why hehe.

    Well I am not going to idle on the spawn screen to wait for one. Since I can do well as infantry anyway. You saw me play the past few days I am averaging 5-10 k/d as infantry so I don't need planes to feel like I am contributing to the team.

    The simple fact remains that at any given time, there can be up to 4 to 6 planes available out of 64 players on a server. A far fewer percentage of players are able to do very well with planes. That means that planes are harder to use than most of the things in the game, and so we should be nerfing a several other things before we nerf planes. Simple math and inequalities...but DICE (or casualfielders) doesn't do logic.
  • SirBobdk
    5219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bearpatroI wrote: »
    Feed4u wrote: »
    I know why hehe.

    Well I am not going to idle on the spawn screen to wait for one. Since I can do well as infantry anyway. You saw me play the past few days I am averaging 5-10 k/d as infantry so I don't need planes to feel like I am contributing to the team.
    You have 2,46 average as infantry. Realy good but not 5-10.
  • lucidstorm
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    LEARN TO FLY. plain and simple, enough nerfs for the bad
  • bearpatroI
    590 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You have 2,46 average as infantry. Realy good but not 5-10.

    That's because battlefield tracker divides your infantry kills by the total amount of deaths to calculate infantry k/d. For example your k/d is 1 on that site. Not that I am saying I have an overall 5-10 k/d anyway. Just that I can average those scores now. Used to go like 0.5 k/d when I first started playing this game. Took a while to climb out of that hole.
  • Feed4u
    697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    bearpatroI wrote: »
    You have 2,46 average as infantry. Realy good but not 5-10.

    That's because battlefield tracker divides your infantry kills by the total amount of deaths to calculate infantry k/d. For example your k/d is 1 on that site. Not that I am saying I have an overall 5-10 k/d anyway. Just that I can average those scores now. Used to go like 0.5 k/d when I first started playing this game. Took a while to climb out of that hole.
    Same here my kd was below 0.4 until level 10. It was probably 0.2 or 0.3 with planes when I first started.
    Edited: to add more
    As for bear claiming those K/D. Our last 2 sessions bears KD was probably more than 8 or 9. I mean he was 20-1 into a half way game of Amiens where our team was losing. That doesn't include the games where I gun shipped him first half of FF (Died once at the start cause I chased the bomber into AA IIRC). Was over 15 kills less than 7 minutes into the game.
    Post edited by Feed4u on
  • Trokey66
    8979 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    Flying isn't easy when you've got a better pilot on the other team.
    Bit of a pointless statement and a poor argument for saying flying isn't easy.

    No matter how bad or good you are at any given activity, you will always come across some one who is better.
    The simple fact remains that at any given time, there can be up to 4 to 6 planes available out of 64 players on a server. A far fewer percentage of players are able to do very well with planes. That means that planes are harder to use than most of the things in the game, and so we should be nerfing a several other things before we nerf planes. Simple math and inequalities...but DICE (or casualfielders) doesn't do logic.
    Again, the number of planes available per player and therefore the limit on the numbers of players able to fly does not mean it is hard unless you count smashing X to spawn in a vehicle a 'skill'.

    Fact is the better player in the air at a given time, no matter what his ability is, can farm infantry far to easily.

    Indeed, the ability to dogfight becomes irrelevant in games where air truces, either formal or informal, are in play.

    Fact is, the Trench Fighter is:

    1. Easy to use.
    2. Effective in most circumstances
    3. Difficult to counter for the majority regardless of their ability..

    That is almost the text book definition of OP were such a definition to exist.

  • Professor_RAWR
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maurgrim wrote: »
    I was planning to make a separate thread, but since this thread is still ongoing i guess i will sure my thoughts here... again.

    I just witness a player in a fighter plane going in a 57 killstreak. No one wanted to kill him so I did and it turned into a dogfight. Then he/she killed me and he/she continued to farm kills until the match ended. This match basically made me think about the state of the balance of planes in this game. Honestly i haven't played BF1 for a while and wow.... i didn't know it was THIS BAD.

    So you want to punish a player for being TO good?

    If you suck at flying then spawn a AA truck.

    What?

    If a player is going in a insane killstreak, somebody has to stop him/her... right? or should we just let them continue farming kills and accept it?

    And i refuse to use a AA truck... i don't even know if i ever used it once. At LEAST I was the only player in the whole match who managed to took the ace pilot down in a 5 minute dogfight. Pretty proud of that too.

    Also, TOO*
  • lllTheSentinelll
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Flying isn't easy when you've got a better pilot on the other team.
    Bit of a pointless statement and a poor argument for saying flying isn't easy.

    No matter how bad or good you are at any given activity, you will always come across some one who is better.
    The simple fact remains that at any given time, there can be up to 4 to 6 planes available out of 64 players on a server. A far fewer percentage of players are able to do very well with planes. That means that planes are harder to use than most of the things in the game, and so we should be nerfing a several other things before we nerf planes. Simple math and inequalities...but DICE (or casualfielders) doesn't do logic.
    Again, the number of planes available per player and therefore the limit on the numbers of players able to fly does not mean it is hard unless you count smashing X to spawn in a vehicle a 'skill'.

    Fact is the better player in the air at a given time, no matter what his ability is, can farm infantry far to easily.

    Indeed, the ability to dogfight becomes irrelevant in games where air truces, either formal or informal, are in play.

    Fact is, the Trench Fighter is:

    1. Easy to use.
    2. Effective in most circumstances
    3. Difficult to counter for the majority regardless of their ability..

    That is almost the text book definition of OP were such a definition to exist.

    Of course it's not hard to get into a plane. I said that there ARE plenty of people using planes (4 to 6 in any given game of 64), which is around 9 percent of players. I'm saying that a far lower percentage of players are very good with planes. Which means that in general, a low percentage of people trying their hand at flying are good with them. Compare this with just about any other tool in the game where people have a much higher success rate. That means that planes are harder to use than most tools in the game. Which means that it makes no sense at all to even think about nerfing them until you also nerf everything that is easier (statistically speaking, and just looking at how many people are succeeding with them compared to how many are using them) and more effective than them, which is ALMOST EVERYTHING IN THE GAME.

    Good god..I really need to stop using mathematics on this forum I forget who I'm dealing with.
  • SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Flying isn't easy when you've got a better pilot on the other team.
    Bit of a pointless statement and a poor argument for saying flying isn't easy.

    No matter how bad or good you are at any given activity, you will always come across some one who is better.
    The simple fact remains that at any given time, there can be up to 4 to 6 planes available out of 64 players on a server. A far fewer percentage of players are able to do very well with planes. That means that planes are harder to use than most of the things in the game, and so we should be nerfing a several other things before we nerf planes. Simple math and inequalities...but DICE (or casualfielders) doesn't do logic.
    Again, the number of planes available per player and therefore the limit on the numbers of players able to fly does not mean it is hard unless you count smashing X to spawn in a vehicle a 'skill'.

    Fact is the better player in the air at a given time, no matter what his ability is, can farm infantry far to easily.

    Indeed, the ability to dogfight becomes irrelevant in games where air truces, either formal or informal, are in play.

    Fact is, the Trench Fighter is:

    1. Easy to use.
    2. Effective in most circumstances
    3. Difficult to counter for the majority regardless of their ability..

    That is almost the text book definition of OP were such a definition to exist.

    Yes, thanks for stating the obvious. sure the act of flying in Battlefield 1 is easy. It's a video game. You spawn in the air. You don't have to learn how to start the plane, take off, read the instruments, etc. All you have to do is use your joysticks to keep it in the air. Anybody can press a button to drop bombs or darts over an objective, though it takes a little bit of practice to get the aim right. It doesn't take a big amount of time before the average pilot can rack up on kills. I agree there. However, ask any beginner pilot how easy it is when another pilot, regardless of skill gets on his tail and deals heavy damage. Without contest, any player with any class in the game can do well. Now, if we're saying that people aren't using the proper tools to contest pilots, that's a differnet story. All I know is that when I'm flying, no pilot has it easy, even if they are better than me. I'm going to at least disrupt them.
  • KakeHC
    1217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    These plane threads are a joke. How many pilots on one page claiming it to be hard to fly a plane and saying everyone else just suck.
Sign In or Register to comment.