It's time to NERF Planes!!!

Comments

• Trokey66
    8604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    Well that last post was a bit uncalled for wasn't it?

I've been called many things but 'unique special snowflake'?

Oh dear......
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If your IQ isn't high enough to fly a plane very well, you should be whipped and prevented from offering your invalid opinion on plane balance. Damn casuals

From all these posts i HAD TO pick out this one!

You need a high IQ to fly planes in a game?????...

This thread is going downhill even faster if people like him are responding to it..
  • Cryphisss
    3110 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    Further stat bashing will result in warnings and the thread being locked. Lets discuss this topic without trying to jump on each other.
  • sealisland-ea
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    StalHamarr wrote: »
    One of your main points is that planes are killing way more infantry on BF1 than they did on BF4. My reply was directed at the stupidity of this comparison, if helicopters are left out from the picture.
    The littlebird was my most used vehicle on BF4 and the killstreaks I see here with the trench fighter are in the same ballpark.

This.
    Except acknowledging that going on a 25 kill streak in a scout helicopter actually took a degree of skill; avoiding the lock-ons took awareness and patience; killing with the minigun required landing shots.
    And that infantry could carry effective counters (e.g., a Stinger).
    And that people actually played the MAA because you couldn't swap it for a tank.
    And that the little bird also served as a spawn point and benefitted from an engineer on board so wasn't simply the preserve of lone farmers.

The comparison simply isn't there because the vehicle meta-game is different.
    It still takes several people to bring down a tank in BF1 but this happens because infantry can carry the necessary tools as part of playing the game. Imagine if infantry could only use field guns to defeat tanks... that's the plane meta.
  • DuskDream18
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm pretty sure trench darts are getting nerfed in the upcoming fix. Other than that, infantry has no way to counter planes? AA gun, MAA, tanks, other planes, infantry guns, field cannons, stationary MGs...

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the nerf to the planes, but infantry really has a good amount of tools to take out planes. It's more incompetent teamplay than anything else, in my opinion.
  • StalHamarr
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    @sealisland-ea you messed up the quote, I think. Never posted anything like that.

EDIT: nevermind, it's fixed now

• THAGURT
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Cryphisss wrote: »
    Further stat bashing will result in warnings and the thread being locked. Lets discuss this topic without trying to jump on each other.

I thought the whole point of stats was so people can go haha I am better than you...Democrats were in office for far to long..
  • Cryphisss
    3110 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    @THAGURT using stats as an argument does not prove/offer anything constructive to a discussion. 99% of the times its used to make fun/laugh at someone hence why its called stat-bashing.
  • bearpatroI
    590 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Exequtoer wrote: »
    Refering to some previous posts about stats, I've 0,5 KPM in Fighters because I use only Bomber Killer when Zeppelins or bomber annoy me enaugh. Normaly I pick Attack Plane because it's more versatile and my KPM stay between 1-1,5 KPM in Conquest. I'm not a great ace, but I've tried every single aspect of this game.

That's not even that bad. When I first started I was like 0.2 kpm in vehicles and overall 0.5 kdr. Takes a while to learn how to play the game because it is so different from other shooters.
  • sealisland-ea
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm pretty sure trench darts are getting nerfed in the upcoming fix. Other than that, infantry has no way to counter planes? AA gun, MAA, tanks, other planes, infantry guns, field cannons, stationary MGs...

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the nerf to the planes, but infantry really has a good amount of tools to take out planes. It's more incompetent teamplay than anything else, in my opinion.

Remember the noise about tanks being OP? People learned how to deal with tanks, proving we're not totally incompetent.
    I also welcome the incoming nerf, and hope that removing a fighter's ability to clear a point or emplacement in one pass will make the counters more viable. It's both the "50" and the "0" in the 50-0 pilot round that needs addressing.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Planes literally provide no enjoyment to this game unless you're the guy farming infantry kills.

I don't recall being blown up by planes 5+ times a round in Vanilla maps.
  • LegioX
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just find it hilarious how planes (fighters) in ww1 hardly ever, if never, had a ground attack role in killing inf and ground targets. But.......this game they kill inf better than a freaking modern jet.
    Bombers and attack planes should be the only thing in this game that kill ground targets. Anything that resembles or acts like a fighter i.e.: the tri-Fokker, spad, and the sophwolf sp?, should be nothing but a sir to air role.
  • boutneus
    2475 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    All I know is I see ALOT of noob trenchfighter on operations. They just hit full gas on their runs, pop flares and darts, make a loop and do it all over and over. As soon as I start dogfighting them they bail ( attack plane :neutral: )

Wtf, lol
  • DuskDream18
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Remember the noise about tanks being OP? People learned how to deal with tanks, proving we're not totally incompetent.
    I also welcome the incoming nerf, and hope that removing a fighter's ability to clear a point or emplacement in one pass will make the counters more viable. It's both the "50" and the "0" in the 50-0 pilot round that needs addressing.

Please perform a speech before all the blueberries I get in my game, that prefer sniping infantry with AT rockets and throwing Anti's like frags instead of attacking vehicles. ;;vv;;
  • PrecisionWing
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cryphisss wrote: »
    @THAGURT using stats as an argument does not prove/offer anything constructive to a discussion. 99% of the times its used to make fun/laugh at someone hence why its called stat-bashing.

agreed, but giving false information such as what he did in the game in order to prove his point does not offer anything constructive to a discussion neither.
    Thats why using video is the best way.

• StalHamarr
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    LegioX wrote: »
    I just find it hilarious how planes (fighters) in ww1 hardly ever, if never, had a ground attack role in killing inf and ground targets. But.......this game they kill inf better than a freaking modern jet.
    Bombers and attack planes should be the only thing in this game that kill ground targets. Anything that resembles or acts like a fighter i.e.: the tri-Fokker, spad, and the sophwolf sp?, should be nothing but a sir to air role.

Don't go there, please. Really, don't ever use realism as a reason to balance things.

There are more A7V tanks in two rounds of BF1 than the entirety of WW1.
    Prototype weapons everywhere.
    Guys sprinting and vaulting over fences with 25kg of equipment.
    Syringe revive after getting the head blown off by a sniper.
  • PrecisionWing
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    @Trokey66 wrote
    If you think 1000% increase between my BF4 attempt and BF1 doesn't indicate an issue, it demonstrates the you are completely biased and don't want your crutches nerf'd.
    Who would have guessed I would be top 7% in anything flying related!?
    First you can't compare BF1 with BF4. If not for the MAA and active noob rader in BF4 it would have been just as easy to fly in BF4 as in BF1.
    Very few are flying or even know how to fly. Top 7% is only a matter of time spending in a plane. And you being in Top 7% just shows how few are flying and how few kills it takes.
    All players can get the same SPM and KDR in a tank. Why should it be so different in a plane and why should it be harder to fly than using a tank.
    People think its easier to counter a tank VS a plane and still tanks are on top 5 of the scoreboard on every map with high spm and kdr. Planes are not.
    Again with the BF4 ****.

We had this little thing called helicopters on bf4.
    You can't compare BF1 planes with BF4 planes. You have to compare BF1 air with BF4 air.

Yes, you didn't get farmed as much by planes on BF4, but you were farmed HARD by littlebirds, while jets were more focused on vehicles. At the same time, scout helicopters also had strong anti-air capabilities.

Planes didn't kill infantry as much, but threats from the air were the same, if not higher on BF4.
    Again with the BF4 ****.

You can't compare BF1 planes with BF4 planes. You have to compare BF1 air with BF4 air.

Yes, you didn't get farmed as much by planes on BF4, but you were farmed HARD by littlebirds, while jets were more focused on vehicles. At the same time, scout helicopters also had strong anti-air capabilities.

Planes didn't kill infantry as much, but threats from the air were the same, if not higher on BF4.

plus the skill cap were there, you needed to do some practice with little bird to do extremely well.
    bf1 everything is just noobfriendly as possible and that means the skilled ones do extremely well more easily.

Champion, confirmation that flying is a lot easier in BF1 because of a lack of effective ground based AA.

So even whole map coverage is not enough for you?
  • jjsf24
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    @Trokey66 wrote
    If you think 1000% increase between my BF4 attempt and BF1 doesn't indicate an issue, it demonstrates the you are completely biased and don't want your crutches nerf'd.
    Who would have guessed I would be top 7% in anything flying related!?
    First you can't compare BF1 with BF4. If not for the MAA and active noob rader in BF4 it would have been just as easy to fly in BF4 as in BF1.
    Very few are flying or even know how to fly. Top 7% is only a matter of time spending in a plane. And you being in Top 7% just shows how few are flying and how few kills it takes.
    All players can get the same SPM and KDR in a tank. Why should it be so different in a plane and why should it be harder to fly than using a tank.
    People think its easier to counter a tank VS a plane and still tanks are on top 5 of the scoreboard on every map with high spm and kdr. Planes are not.
    Again with the BF4 ****.

Again with the BF4 ****.

plus the skill cap were there, you needed to do some practice with little bird to do extremely well.
    bf1 everything is just noobfriendly as possible and that means the skilled ones do extremely well more easily.

Champion, confirmation that flying is a lot easier in BF1 because of a lack of effective ground based AA.

So even whole map coverage is not enough for you?

It should be whole map coverage. SAA is only ground viable counter without messing up the team goal. Picking MAA nerfs the team because they lose a valuable tank slot.

The only real counter to planes is SAA and other planes.

• boutneus
    2475 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    1 plane wrecking your team doesn't justify an MAA. 2 or more planes , an MAA becomes viable.
  • jjsf24
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    boutneus wrote: »
    1 plane wrecking your team doesn't justify an MAA. 2 or more planes , an MAA becomes viable.

Its never viable. Because then your tanks will always encounter a 2v1 scenario. You give the other team the ground advantage by picking MAA.

MAA doesnt even give you the air advantage because of the nerfed range/damage. Its never viable to pick a MAA over a tank.