This game was a mistake

fdsfds2424
13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited April 2017
This game is just so boring. BF4 already had 3 DLC's by this time and we're still waiting on DLC 2. In my opinion, this game is just as bad as Infinite Warfare

Making an FPS based on WW1 out of all settings was a huge mistake. Everything from the archaic, simplistic and casualized gameplay, the lack of weapons and weapon attachment options, the lack of vehicle options, among plenty of other things.

At least with a WW2 setting they could've retained the familiar, smooth gameplay found in the older titles, but no, someone at DICE decided to go far far back in time to appease children, redditors, and casuals fantasizing about a historical shooter. Nice one, DICE.

Hell, I'm having more fun on the original PC versions of CoD 4 and Bad Company 2 than this garbage.

Comments

• fdsfds2424
    edited April 2017
    Well it looks like you won't be playing BF1 anymore, won't miss you and close the door on the way out..

I literally can't. It bores me half to death. Not to mention the PC version of this game is slowly dying
  • fdsfds2424
    edited April 2017
    jjsf24 wrote: »
    I like the change. No more flying soldiers and over the top advanced technology. I like it and will play a lot of it!

What do you mean no more flying soldiers? Have you seen how powerful planes are in this game? And over the top technology is cool, and WW1 is not. It's the dumbest war in history, next to the Iraq war. LMFAO!
  • BaconRebellion
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Actually OP China rising, the first dlc of BF 4 came out in may, with the second in June. When the game was released in November.
  • Vic_R0cks
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bf1 is good, but i rather have ww2, Vietnam or a more modern setting. Im getting tired of using the same weapons, lack of customization etc. Ww2 would be soo much better, so cool guns such as mp40, sturmgewehr, mg15, m1, ppsh, thompson
  • THAGURT
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I love that they went back to this era...wasn't a huge fan of bf4, hardline wasn't good, was hoping they didn't go the way of jet packs and kill streaks.
  • Misterpigs
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fdsfds2424 wrote: »
    BF4 already had 3 DLC's by this time and we're still waiting on DLC 2.

It's a good game at it's core, but its losing a lot of players due to this. Content drought has never been so bad on DICE's behalf. I'm not sure what the decision was to release content so slowly. By the time apocalypse comes out, there will be 5-10k players tops on each platform.

Also the medal system is stupid.

• THAGURT
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Misterpigs wrote: »

It's a good game at it's core, but its losing a lot of players due to this. Content drought has never been so bad on DICE's behalf. I'm not sure what the decision was to release content so slowly. By the time apocalypse comes out, there will be 5-10k players tops on each platform.

I love the fact that the dlc takes as long as it does...hate how stupid games have gotten where the dlc for the game is out a week after release.

Great game at its core use to be all you would expect from a game but now it's all about fluff. Take overwatch. Got pretty bored with that game after a week but boy do they have a lot of skins to keep all the kidies happy
  • BaconRebellion
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Misterpigs wrote: »

Misspoke with my first post in this thread. Read the date China Rising was unveiled (May) thinking it was the release date (December)

Almost went through researching all the DLC dates
  • V2Face
    2671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This game is just so boring. BF4 already had 3 DLC's by this time and we're still waiting on DLC 2. In my opinion, this game is just as bad as Infinite Warfare

Making an FPS based on WW1 out of all settings was a huge mistake. Everything from the archaic, simplistic and casualized gameplay, the lack of weapons and weapon attachment options, the lack of vehicle options, among plenty of other things.

At least with a WW2 setting they could've retained the familiar, smooth gameplay found in the older titles, but no, someone at DICE decided to go far far back in time to appease children, redditors, and casuals fantasizing about a historical shooter. Nice one, DICE.

Hell, I'm having more fun on the original PC versions of CoD 4 and Bad Company 2 than this garbage.

Good riddance, enjoy your lockons scrub
  • crabman169
    12846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How does ww1 appease children, casuals and reddit users? Most never knew this conflict even existed.

Please take your ignorant and pathetic self else where
  • CrimeSceneKitty
    712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you are having more fun on Children's Online Daycare, then by all means go back there and stay there.

The community asked for a World War game setting and DICE was given the chance by EA to make the game. EA didn't want to try WW1, but the game has sold like fire. The only thing that is currently hurting the game is the server rental system. Once that is set up properly it will put a massive jolt back into the game.